Words uttered without thoughts, at the Heat of the Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Words uttered without thoughts, at the Heat of the Moment

A friend of mine shared this tragic story with tears in his eyes. This is how he told me his brother's story (might not be the exact words as I am translating from my memory):

After 2 weeks of his brother's marriage, one day his bhabi and his mother were doing house hold work, when suddenly his bhabi said to his mother. "I am having a different feeling inside me, as if I am going to have a baby. The symptoms seem to be clear"

His mother replied, " Beti, it is too early for you to feel like that. One doesn't start having such feelings after just two weeks of marriage"

His bhabi said, " No, believe me it is exactly the same feeling which I have heard from people, and I feel I am going to be pregnant soon."

Mother said, " Beti, I am telling you from experience, you can't know so early if you are pregnant or not"

Slowly this discussion turned into an argument and got heated to such an extent that mother said in frustration (to end the discussion), " At least it can't be my son's baby as it is too early"

There was a dead silence. Bhabi quietly went to her room, packed her luggage and went to her parents house.

When his elder brother arrived home, he came to know the whole story and tried to talk to his wife and resolve the matter.

Two years were passed, she didn't return home. Bhabi was not ready to accept to return home and also didn't want a divorce. The elder brother had vented out his frustration a number of times with a misbehaving manner in front of his mother for using such words, who has said sorry a number of times to bhabi, but she is not ready to forgive. He also didn't want to take a divorce.

p.s. I know the story is incomplete, a lot of information is needed, which I can't provide as it was told to me 9 years ago. I just recalled now when I was thinking of any example related to the topic (mentioned in the title). I haven't got any clue where my friend is now and what happened after that.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: Words uttered without thoughts, at the Heat of the Moment

if someone insinuated i had a baby with someone besides my husband i wouldn't come back home either.

Comment

what is a bhabi and a beti? - we are all not from urdu land.

Comment

Bhabi: elder brother's wife

Beti: Daughter
        ---------------------------------------------
        No wonder why Hazrat Abubakr (r.a) used to hold his tongue and say: You have to be careful because my dignity is in your control. Hazrat Luqman (r.a) used to tell his son: O'son, I have never regretted remaining quiet in my life. Whenever I regretted, it was always for my words.

It is amazing that it takes years to develop a strong bond/trust/faith/love but it only takes few inappropriate words to fill a person's heart with thorns. After that, it might take a lifetime to pluck those thorns one by one, but still the poison they leave behind goes deeper and deeper into the wounds.

I myself am guilty of feeling tempted to say so many harsh words in the heat of the moment, that later on I feel like cursing myself for even thinking of hurting anyones feelings no matter how many times that person forgives me. May Allah (swt) bless us all with the wisdom to follow the manners of the Prophet (saw).
        Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

Originally posted by Submit To Peace View Post
          It is amazing that it takes years to develop a strong bond/trust/faith/love but it only takes few inappropriate words to fill a person's heart with thorns. After that, it might take a lifetime to pluck those thorns one by one, but still the poison they leave behind goes deeper and deeper into the wounds.
          So true, subhanAllaah
          "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

Comment

Two years?
            Is she serious?

But, yeah, some serious words, though.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Woah.
              That's tight.
              But then again, idk mother in law's probably old & you know how elders can loose their temper sometimes.
              Allahu a'lam though.
              "Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and when you are alive, they crave for your company"

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

^Mother in law said sorry number of times, though.
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X