Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War with Shaitan in public

:salams

Do you guys visit the malls, grocery stores, Tim hortons, McDonalds, Subway and feel a little weak in Imaan?

I visited the mall after so many months. More than 6 months and my Imaan :@

Any stories to share?

Re: War with Shaitan in public

What's wrong with going to the mall? Going out shouldn't affect you that badly, maybe you need to get more used to going out and about a bit more then you won't feel strange.

Comment

there is a du'a to make before entering the market place do you recite it when you go to these places?

"How often we cry over Fate, but abundant good lies just behind it. O soul, it is goodness, even if it arrives after a while."

Foulana blog

Comment

Originally posted by Foulana View Post

there is a du'a to make before entering the market place do you recite it when you go to these places?
        Best Advise.

Comment

Originally posted by Foulana View Post

ALLAH HU AKBAR
          There is even a dua for going there! Islam is the WAY OF LIFE.. Subhannallah :)

Comment

Oooh I know what you mean, well, I hate the time where your imaans already weak and your trying to build it up, you useto listen to music and that and then you gave up and proper tried cutting off with all that stuff, you're findind ithard to connect with the religion and then you go out and theres music on in the shops and that, that gets to me then :(

Comment

Do you mean by all the haraam you're exposed to when you go shopping it brings your imaan down? :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by Islam.07 View Post
                Do you mean by all the haraam you're exposed to when you go shopping it brings your imaan down? :scratch:
                yh like i see naked ppl and then music and all those stupid clothing stores like i wanna close em all down.
                and yh on post #2

Comment

:wswrwb:

I feel that sometimes, but it can work the other way too - when I see brothers giving dawah in the middle of town, or sisters wearing niqab confidently.

Most of the time I'll see Muslims acting like non Muslims in an attempt to look good, and it's their attitude that bothers me more than their actions.

If you happen to look at them, it only encourages them and is probably the goal for many - to get attention.

I prefer travelling to work with a bus full of non Muslims, than walking around town when there are alot of Muslims hanging around after college or university.

This is what bothers me - they are giving out a message to everyone who walks past them, and it's not a good one.

Comment

Why go there while you know there is going to be fitna, we are ordered as muslims to avoid places of fitna.
                    islamway
                    اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
                      yh like i see naked ppl and then music and all those stupid clothing stores like i wanna close em all down.
                      and yh on post #2
                      Lower ze gaze + headphones.

I mean, what else can you do?
                      When you gotta buy clothes, you gotta buy clothes.
                      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

This winters been arite, the cold weather has forced others to keep their clothes on

But yh I generally avoid city centre, over here its not too bad - its balanced out by the huge amount of muslims doing their shopping, some doing dawah in public

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                        www.QuranicAudio.com
                        www.Quran.com

Comment

maybe it is bcoz u hardly go to the mall and u went all of a sudden and felt ur iman go down bcoz of the environment there.

Comment

should have worn those anti-s*** sunglasses.

Comment

Originally posted by bint begum View Post
                              maybe it is bcoz u hardly go to the mall and u went all of a sudden and felt ur iman go down bcoz of the environment there.
                              i dont socialize much so maybe yh

Comment

Working...
                              X