Struggling to love Islam AGAIN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Struggling to love Islam AGAIN

It's like whenever i think about our beloved prophet muhammad peace be upon him, something stops me from feeling or thinking deeper or love islam.... I dont know their is like a barrier in my mind... That stops me from feeling and thinking in love...

Comment

Originally posted by mughalprincess9 View Post
      Salaam Brother and Sisters,

It's been a week or so, that I pray Salah or Nasheeds/Naats and get no feeling. I mean, I was a person who heard about Akhirah or the grave, then would do Astaghfar and tremble from fear. I dont know why, all this feeling has LEFT. Im upset because my body is restless and I want to fall in love with Islam again. I tried to pray the Quran and will continue. I mean, I dont FEAR, LOVE or have any feeling towards Islam in anything... For example, on the tv it said, every soul has to taste death. In my head, i said 'Yeah I know'.. normally before, I would dua and say Astaghfirullah and fear.. but now ITS GONE... PLEASE HELP ME AND TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO TO GET THE FEELINGS BACK.... I WANT TO LOVE OUR BELOVED PROPHET MUHAMMAD PEACE BE UPON HIM AND FEAR FROM ALLAH'S PUNISHMENT.. BUT IM NOT... WHYYY :'(

I have asked Allah in Dua and Sajdah to help me... you all can try to show me ways as well.. please

Jizakallah
      Your concern alone is a testament to how much you love Islam. Don't worry you probably just have low Eeman.

Comment

Your problem is one of spirituality - You need to find a teacher who can guide you with respect to your spiritual being. What you described is the initial phase everyone goes through - You are new to the certain ideas so they evoke emotions but the more you listen to them the less an effect it has on you. You need to learn 'new' things about the religion (fiqh, hadeeth etc) which will establish you mentally/intelectually and then find a spiritual teacher who will guide your heart so that you can once again relish in those moments you are so eagar to revive.
        Remember that the shariaa is hull of the fruit - It purpose is to protect the core of the fruit which is the nafs/spirituality.

Comment

im going to add something from a non muslim point of view... but it may or may not help. St. Mother Theresa was a woman who did so much good for Catholics... for those who had nothing.. she was a nun.... and from all outside appearences she was someone a lot of women ( and some men i'm sure... ) strived to be like.... strived to emmulate because of all the good she was able to do. She said one time in an interview.. that yes.. at times.. instead of feeling things were from God... there was just a void. My point is. Even the most pious, the most religious ... go through some of what you feel. I wish that Allah (swt) will help guide you back to him .. and that everyone will forgive me from using the story of mother theresa.
          Serena

Comment

Originally posted by mughalprincess9 View Post
            Salaam Brother and Sisters,

It's been a week or so, that I pray Salah or Nasheeds/Naats and get no feeling. I mean, I was a person who heard about Akhirah or the grave, then would do Astaghfar and tremble from fear. I dont know why, all this feeling has LEFT. Im upset because my body is restless and I want to fall in love with Islam again. I tried to pray the Quran and will continue. I mean, I dont FEAR, LOVE or have any feeling towards Islam in anything... For example, on the tv it said, every soul has to taste death. In my head, i said 'Yeah I know'.. normally before, I would dua and say Astaghfirullah and fear.. but now ITS GONE... PLEASE HELP ME AND TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD DO TO GET THE FEELINGS BACK.... I WANT TO LOVE OUR BELOVED PROPHET MUHAMMAD PEACE BE UPON HIM AND FEAR FROM ALLAH'S PUNISHMENT.. BUT IM NOT... WHYYY :'(

I have asked Allah in Dua and Sajdah to help me... you all can try to show me ways as well.. please

Jizakallah
            assalamu alaykum sister

sister, firstly i would encourage you to listen to more lectures instead of listening to anasheed and to listen to more qur'an recitation, beneficial talks etc.

when you read the qur'aan, do you understand what you are saying? if no, then please pick up a translation and try and ponder upon what you are reading. I personally find that even if I read one small surah but have fully comprehended the context of the surah, it is more beneficial for me than if i was to read the whole qur'aan without not knowing one word of what i have read.

Quraan is the kalam of Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala and to know what Allah subhananu wa ta'aala is promising to the believers and to the disbelievers, then wallahi this is very powerful.

Sometimes the shayateen, may Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala's curse be upon them, whispers to us to the effect that we think that we are bad muslims and we lose hope of Allah subahanhu wa ta'aala's mercy, don't fall into this trap, rather this is an excellent moment for you to make dua in abundance, to make ibadah in abundance, because look, you 'have no feeling left' as you put it and this has been for a week, what about the kuffar who have no love at all for Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala and have never experienced this love? look how blessed we are, that we have been favoured and guided towards the right, with the permission of Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala, walhamdu lilahi rabbil aalimeen.

so my point is, now that you know how it feels to not have the same feeling that you once did, be thankful to Allah 'azza wa jal for guiding you, thank Allah, jalla wa 'aala every day of your life for guiding you to the siratul mustaqeem when so many have strayed and continue to stray.

we all go through this sister and it makes our eeman stronger, because once we get the passion for the deen back, we appreciate everything a whole lot more.

it is so easy to just think that because we are muslims now, we will be muslims tomorrow, but wallahi this is not true, so it is so important to be sincere and to have a pure love for the deen and to remain steadfast at all times.

make more dhikr and keep your tongue moist with the remembrance of Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala,

continue with your daily adiyah, ie, when you step out the house, ensure you step out with your left foot, say the dua, say the dua when travelling, eating etc

also, if you can, i would recommend fasting, i personally find this a great way to keep my eeman on track. if you can, try fasting mondays and thursdays, if that is too much then maybe just monday, or just thursday, or even 3 days a month..
            Last edited by sis_on_sunnah; 29-12-10, 12:39 AM.
            http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

Salaam Brothers and Sisters,

I have started to fast, pray the Dua and I am slowly regaining Iman. Alhamdullilah.. Inshallah it will be so strong that nothing will be able to break it

Ameen

Comment

inshallah :)

Comment

it is good to hear that things are returning to how they should be. Remember that you have many brothers and sisters here who i'm sure will be glad to help ...
                  Salaam and may that peace remain in you
                  Serena

Comment

Working...
                  X