Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I smile...but I feel like I am dying inside..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I smile...but I feel like I am dying inside..

Here's a Dua'a:

In al-Saheehayn it was reported from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, when he felt distressed:

“La ilaaha ill-Allaah al-‘Azeem ul-Haleem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabb il-‘arsh il-‘azeem, Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah Rabb is-samawaati wa Rabb il-ard wa Rabb il-‘arsh il-kareem (there is no god except Allaah, the All-Mighty, the Forbearing; there is no god except Allaah, the Lord of the Mighty Throne; there is no god except Allaah, Lord of the heavens, Lord of the earth and Lord of the noble Throne).”

And it was reported from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, when something upset him:

“Yaa Hayyu yaa Qayyoom, bi Rahmatika astagheeth (O Ever-Living One, O Everlasting One, by Your mercy I seek help).”
    Extracted from IslamQA
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

aww sister cheer up :)

why not keep a diary coz it sounds like ur holding in a lot of feelings and u said u dont tell anyone. so write all ur feelings in ur diary.

usually when i'm depressed i travel to areas away from the inner city, away from people and just have quiet time for myself. and i know it may sound strange but i talk to Allah. i mean literally talk to Him directly coz i know He's there listening to me.

oh and please dont think negatively always think positively ok? :)

Comment

Originally posted by NinaRose88 View Post
        Over the past 2-3 years i have blindly said no to proposals that have come through the family & through uni. Without even giving them a chance. So good luck.
        You shoulda done istikhara ...
        "Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and when you are alive, they crave for your company"

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

Originally posted by bint begum View Post
          aww sister cheer up :)

why not keep a diary coz it sounds like ur holding in a lot of feelings and u said u dont tell anyone. so write all ur feelings in ur diary.

usually when i'm depressed i travel to areas away from the inner city, away from people and just have quiet time for myself. and i know it may sound strange but i talk to Allah. i mean literally talk to Him directly coz i know He's there listening to me.

oh and please dont think negatively always think positively ok? :)
          That is beautiful mA. I used 2 keep a diary then i ran out of time for it...think i will take your advice on that one iA :) JzakAllah khairun

Comment

JazakAllah guys. I feel so much better allready. What an amazing online Ummah we have :)
            Going 2 catch some sleep now, tc all salaam.
            Nina
            x

Comment

JazakAllah guys. I feel so much better allready. What an amazing online Ummah we have :)
              Going 2 catch some sleep now, tc all salaam.
              Nina
              x
              Aw, that's good to hear.

:wswrwb:
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Glad you feel better alhumdulilah. Everyones already given you great advice masha'Allah. Just busy yourself in the rememberence of Allah, your heart will deffo find rest insha'Allah. Usually when I feel down, I take it as an alarm bell that maybe it's because I'm becoming attached to the world, but that's just me.
                Just take it as a time to get closer to Allah and you'll feel the contentment insha'Allah.

Also, stay away from googling conditions such as depression/any kind of symptoms. None of these tests are actually accurate and what they tend to do is reinforce in to your mind that you have a condition. When some people do this they tend to adopt the label of the condition and it becomes hard to get better because you almost live up to what you think is expected.

"If we have faith in Allah, then whatever afflictions come to us, we will not be affected by them, we will not nourish them with our attention. If we are feeling lonely, and we feed that loneliness with our attention, it will grow. Faith in Allah is an immunization against loneliness."

HasbunAllah wa Ni’mal Wakil ♥
                "Allah Alone is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs for us."

May Allah swt grant you and all of the ummah peace and contentment. Ameen
                Al-Ghazali said, "If you see Allah, Mighty and Magnificent, holding back this world from you, frequently trying you with adversity and tribulation, know that you hold a great status with Him. Know that He is dealing with you as He does with His Awliya' and chosen elite, and is watching over you, have you not heard His saying, "So wait steadfastly for the judgment of your Lord - you are certainly before Our eyes.[At-Tur 52:48]

Comment

Thats not a solution to anything. You should enter a marriage with your own head clear. We go to our graves alone, so likewise in marriage don't expect the partner to miraculously cure you of sadness!
                  actually marriage changes u. U get some one u can relate to with any kind of problem. Thats why they iz called 'soul mate' aint it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jihaan View Post
                    Glad you feel better alhumdulilah. Everyones already given you great advice masha'Allah. Just busy yourself in the rememberence of Allah, your heart will deffo find rest insha'Allah. Usually when I feel down, I take it as an alarm bell that maybe it's because I'm becoming attached to the world, but that's just me.
                    Just take it as a time to get closer to Allah and you'll feel the contentment insha'Allah.

Also, stay away from googling conditions such as depression/any kind of symptoms. None of these tests are actually accurate and what they tend to do is reinforce in to your mind that you have a condition. When some people do this they tend to adopt the label of the condition and it becomes hard to get better because you almost live up to what you think is expected.

"If we have faith in Allah, then whatever afflictions come to us, we will not be affected by them, we will not nourish them with our attention. If we are feeling lonely, and we feed that loneliness with our attention, it will grow. Faith in Allah is an immunization against loneliness."

May Allah swt grant you and all of the ummah peace and contentment. Ameen
                    Word!!!

Comment

"Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah: for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction."

12:28
                      SPREAD OF EVIL
                      ZIONISM
                      BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Bismillah

Every depression, sadness, in my opinion is due to the lack of rememberance of Allah swt and real point of existence. When I say this I am not judging you what this means is....right now your heart is not happy. Remember our hearts and soul are from Allah swt. As stated by -MA- in the quran. Allah swt clearly has stated the rememdy for everyone. In remembernce of Allah swt hearts find satisfaction.

I too used to get depressed, dont know the meaning of life......this is the best time to reflect....when you feel this way accept it and think what is that you are doing that could be improved in your life and this is solely meant for you character......i.e. could you be more kinder to your close ones that might please Allah swt i.e. massage your parents? If you are not already doing so with the thought this is pleasing to Allah swt and the beloved and one day my aprents wont be here....

Also I reccomand if your into spirituality to find a spiritual person and serve them any means possible just look after them...attend to their needs and you will be guided towards Allah swt.

Mainly I would look internally and improve on ones character (not saying your a bad person just you always can do something better). Do small things to make people happy and I dont mean advice I mean, give them something you want i.e. once choclate left over but you know someone else might eeat it then leave it for them. So do things that will please Allah swt as he is keeping record of your movements and thoughts.

Also in terms of advising people next time they come be honest to them....if they ask why is it like this.....say Allah swt has willed it so......and eventually they might leave....as for their help Allah swt provides so they will get it regardless you dont need to burden especially if it is affecting you. And if they ask your opinion then reitterate that Allah swt would find it more pleasing....if your not already doing so.....

Turn your focus more and more on Allah swt and pleasing him by serving others and you will find peace! hope something helped my salaam

Comment

As a student of psychology, I can safely say that what a lot of you guys are doing is invalidating this poor girl, mistreating her feelings, and confusing her even more.

Depression is something that needs to be treated. if someone is ill, you don't say "Don't go to a doctor, but read the Quran" geez. Yes, prayer always helps, but Muhammad (SA) said "Trust Allah, but tie your camel."

Even real therapists sometimes screw it up, I don't get how people think words like "Smile!" which is as good as saying "Stop fretting your problems are nothing now forget about it and show us something happy so we can feel better about ourselves!"... you can't tell someone to not feel how they do. It messes them up. You have to separate the person from the behavior; first accept the feeling, then address the behavior.

If you invalidate someone like this surely but slowly they become torn about relying on their feelings. And if you can't rely on your basic feelings... your instinctive reactions... just how do you function? How do you know you do anything? If you can't rely on what your mind says then... that's kind of insane, isn't it? Confusing; you can't trust yourself. Do you realize how much this can mess someone up? This is a huge cause for Borderline Personality Disorder. I would be careful.

Yes, you may not have had mal intentions, but once the person doesn't take kindly to "smile!", people tend to act all huffy, acting like they're masters of how people work and how dare no one take their magical advice. Human psychology is sensitive.

Again, I would be careful.

As to the sister, I could suggest going to a doctor. Seriously, this is just another thing which needs to be treated. A good therapist can do wonders. The mind needs salve just as the body. Maybe even more.
                          Last edited by Sanjana; 26-12-10, 04:59 AM.

Comment

People got depressed before, in times where the weren't any therapists/pyschologists. People saw more, went through more, and they seemed to be ok.
                            SPREAD OF EVIL
                            ZIONISM
                            BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Working...
                            X