Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding Anniversaries

Asalamu Alaykum,

Okay so Iv'e got somthing to ask, In a day's time It's going to be our first year wedding anniversary.
    To be honest, I wasn't even bothered before to look this up as I didn't see it as anything bad or sinfull.
    Okay so, all we were planning to do was, Exchange some gift(s), have a nice meal (at home, so basically just a nice dinner), I was thinking of getting a cake (thats what I had doubts over) and Iv'e already got him a card just saying like I love you or whatever.

I'm not holding a party and bringing lot's of people over, infact it's just the everyday family that we are already living with.
    All I see it as just being happy for the fact that we have been married for a year!
    We do exhange gifts ANYWAY so it's not like we're doing it once in a year or anything.

Jazakallah for taking you time out to read :)

Re: Wedding Anniversaries

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ersaries/page2

Refer to this thread. There are several fatwas in the thread. Read up!
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
      http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ersaries/page2

Refer to this thread. There are several fatwas in the thread. Read up!

Jazakallah, didn't realise.

Comment

Well On Those Days And My Birthdays Tbh All I Do Is Alhumdulillah Ive Lasted A Year And I Reflect And Just Give Thanks To Allah. I Think Maybe You Could Do Some Thing ''Around'' That Jsut Not Focus On It Saying Oh Its Our Anniversary We Should Or Dont Get Upset If You Dont Get A Gift Just Remember

:insha: I Hope This Makes Sense

Im Trying To Say Dont Celebrate Just Remeber The Date :scratch:
        And He found you lost and guided you,
        ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
        " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
        ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
          Well On Those Days And My Birthdays Tbh All I Do Is Alhumdulillah Ive Lasted A Year And I Reflect And Just Give Thanks To Allah. I Think Maybe You Could Do Some Thing ''Around'' That Jsut Not Focus On It Saying Oh Its Our Anniversary We Should Or Dont Get Upset If You Dont Get A Gift Just Remember

:insha: I Hope This Makes Sense

Im Trying To Say Dont Celebrate Just Remeber The Date :scratch:
          Yes, I know what you mean, It's not like we never talk about our marriage and how it's been and the past ect, just when it's been a whole year, you just get happy don't you that's all, nothing to do with partying and making a big big big big deal out of it. If you get me :)

Comment

Bismillah

Everything good you do in the intentions of pleasing Allah swt is worth doing it....if it means by celebrating something good!

Prophet peace be upon them celebrated their birth by fast on the day they worn born!

So you got married yes you should do it but keep it halaal by not having public dinners unless the room is closed out of view and the waiters/waitress dont come into the room then ok. Gifting presents is sunnah so that is ok. When celebrating you should deffinitely say something to thank Allah swt and celebrate with the thought it will please someone in return it will please Allah swt (main goal pleasing Allah swt) then nothing wrong. Obviously no need for fire works lol keep it simple and to the point and enjoy your night but make sure you guys will not skip salaat!!!! lol my salaam

There is nothing wrong with cake just another food item :s if giving dates to the poor is reccomend then having cake is no issue I know out of context but if cake was a everyday food would it be criticised? i think people are becoming moer and ore shrude and really being to scared to realise.....celebrations are a sunnah and should be done according to sunnah.

In reality there is no need for celebration of such events but if it can bring a smile on someones face then its worth it as long as it is halaahl. Remember a smile is charity so if you cause then a bigger reward. In all honesty shouldnt worry about reward just worry about making Allah swt and the beloved happy with our actinos and thoughts.

My salam

Comment

Working...
            X