X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sis_on_sunnah
    replied
    Re: to sisters that dont work/study

yes sis, dont worry about the sisters being a lil strict, you'd rather that then go to a mosque where the sisters sit there gossiping etc

Leave a comment:

• niqaabi_nusrat
    replied

I think it's a brilliant idea to enrole at the marassa. Inshallah It will motivate you to study hard and raise your Emaan. Don't worry if the sisters are a little bit strict there. They will push you hard no doubt, but it will be for your own benefit inshallah.

Leave a comment:

• .: Anna :.
    replied

Originally posted by dontknow View Post
    thanks you for the replies :)

I think i'm going to enrol at the masjids madrasa, alltho im sht scared of going there. I heared the sisters are proper forward, but I have to start somewhere. and islam4u, don't make assumptions about people you don't know, it's a sin.
    iA it goes well for u sis, im sure they wil b nice :)

Leave a comment:

• imported_MMS
    replied

Originally posted by dontknow View Post

I think i'm going to enrol at the masjids madrasa, alltho im sht scared of going there. I heared the sisters are proper forward, but I have to start somewhere. and islam4u, don't make assumptions about people you don't know, it's a sin.
    lol @ the sisters, naa inshaAllah the sisters in madrassahs are not how you think most of them are nice and sweet :) actually except sisters from a specific mosque in east london which i won't mention lol but inshaAllah your not talking about that mosque

Leave a comment:

• dontknow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• sis_on_sunnah
    replied

assalamu alaykum

staying at home definitely has it benefits, walhamdu-lillah. When i first came into the deen, i was at home for about 3 months and i probably went out about once in them three months lol and basically i studied the deen and used to listen to lectures, pray nafl salaah, read extra qur'aan etc. When you are at home all day and have no responsibilities then you have an excellent chance to gain firmness in the deen, bi'ithnillahi ta'aala.

You could try learning arabic if you do not know arabic because since you are in the academic mindsest, you will be able to get into a routine pretty quick in sha Allah.

Also, to keep your mind fresh, you should enrol in (female only) swimming lessons (not sure if you'd want to go in this weather though!) and maybe do some kick boxing or something!! if there are any courses going in your area, then enrol in them, ie, calligraphy etc

if only i was at home all day :(

Leave a comment:

• sis_niqabi
    replied
    I think studying the deen is the best thing to do. Also it's easy to take a hobby like exercising when you are home.

4 years ago before I started working I use to do a lot of Islamic reading and I use to stay fit. But I feel like I have no time for those things. My emaan felt higher during that time and everything.

Staying home really has it's benefits. A lot of people look down upon it but staying at home from the outside world really is good for the soul.

Leave a comment:

replied

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
    I don't know you and I don't want to know your business. Your suggesting for her to do a course in Arabic which is all well and good but that involves more studying which is the probably the reason she left University - So she could not study.

Nobody suggested "dumping" kids. That is where the beauty of Asian Culture kicks in. The strong and close family unit.
    that's still dumping them!!!

i know you dont know me, so in future dont bother quoting my posts. this was actually supposed to be a post for sisters as it says in the title.

Leave a comment:

• Aisha91
    replied

Originally posted by Ibn Sina View Post
    you can go to that special amazing place

begins with a "k" and ends with an "n"

funny.

Leave a comment:

• Ibn Sina
    replied

you can go to that special amazing place

begins with a "k" and ends with an "n"

Last edited by Ibn Sina; 22-12-10, 11:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• islam4u2
    replied

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
    i didn't say otherwise so not sure what is your point here
    dont think many people with a 2 yr old, 1 yr old and pregnant will be doing full time studying as where exactly would they dump their kids?? so if you are trying to make some kind of comment about me then mind ur own business!! if not then dno what ur on about as i did advise the sister 2 enrole in a course
    I don't know you and I don't want to know your business. Your suggesting for her to do a course in Arabic which is all well and good but that involves more studying which is the probably the reason she left University - So she could not study.

Nobody suggested "dumping" kids. That is where the beauty of Asian Culture kicks in. The strong and close family unit.

Leave a comment:

• MWarrior
    replied

as where exactly would they dump their kids??
    sadly The nursery seems to be a popular place nowadays. Yes that includes many Muslim mums doing it too, seen it with my own eyes.

Leave a comment:

replied

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
    haha studying never finishes. In Islam are we not encouraged to gain knowledge and skills?
    i didn't say otherwise so not sure what is your point here
    dont think many people with a 2 yr old, 1 yr old and pregnant will be doing full time studying as where exactly would they dump their kids?? so if you are trying to make some kind of comment about me then mind ur own business!! if not then dno what ur on about as i did advise the sister 2 enrole in a course

Leave a comment:

• islam4u2
    replied

i would enroll in a course or something like ppl have mentioned u can do some courses related to deen, arabic, tajweed etc? or do volunteering, i would say do something with a structure cos it makes u more productive. i dont do those things cos i am busy with small kids but i do keep a schedule every day where i go with the kids cos i think u need some order in ur life and something u know u have 2 get up get ready and go out for otherwise u can waste time @ home too much and become disorganised/unmotivated. keep urself busy, and keep urself in good company. its depressing stuck @ home if u dont have anything to do and spending alot of time alone
    haha studying never finishes. In Islam are we not encouraged to gain knowledge and skills?

Leave a comment:

• niqaabi_nusrat
    replied

Assalam Aleykum sister,
    I am raising a family and I try to split my day roughly into 8 hours work. 8 hours worship and 8 hours sleep.
    If you are not working then you have many hours to fill. I would definitely take advantage of this and use the time for Islamic study. I would recommend splitting most of your waking time roughly equally between Qu'ranic study (reading, tajweed, memorising) and salah, with some time set aside for Arabic, fiqh and other Islamic studies.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X