to sisters that dont work/study

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to sisters that dont work/study

i have left university and last thursday was my last day. I don't really know what to do with myself. I'm just at home all day. What kind of activities do you do?

Re: to sisters that dont work/study

Assalamu Alaikom sis
    Usually i like to find different recipes to add to my collections. I like to cook & bake etc. Also i love cleaning too much, but it's because i have OCD where everything must be in place....that takes up most of my day & also don't forget prayer, and you can spend much time reading Al Qur'an etc. Also sometimes i invite my female friends over for tea....my family obsessed over tea...i don't know why...lol...hmmm...there are many things you could do like you could excersize....lol...don't know...If you had children or was married, that would give you a lot of things to do...don't know...lol..i'm not married either...
    well i hope anything i said helped:)

Comment

Do volunteering, be useful. You stopped everything without having an idea of occupying yourself? Start a new language, sewing, painting i don'tknow there is a million things to do
      My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
      Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

study islam, read Quran, do something that will benefit your akhira

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
        (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by dontknow View Post
          i have left university and last thursday was my last day. I don't really know what to do with myself. I'm just at home all day. What kind of activities do you do?
          have u thought of studying deen? I m not talking about just picking up books and reading. I m talking about a constructive and well planned study.
          “Verily, I constantly renew my Islam until this very day, as up to now, I do not consider myself to have ever been a good Muslim.” Sheikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (Narrated by Ibn-al Qayyim in ‘Madarij as-Salikin” 1/218)

Comment

i would enroll in a course or something like ppl have mentioned u can do some courses related to deen, arabic, tajweed etc? or do volunteering, i would say do something with a structure cos it makes u more productive. i dont do those things cos i am busy with small kids but i do keep a schedule every day where i go with the kids cos i think u need some order in ur life and something u know u have 2 get up get ready and go out for otherwise u can waste time @ home too much and become disorganised/unmotivated. keep urself busy, and keep urself in good company. its depressing stuck @ home if u dont have anything to do and spending alot of time alone
            .: Rufaida :.
            .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
            http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
            “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
            but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
            ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
            <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

try learning a new language and try memorizing the quran.....I would also tell you to take a couple of academic courses here and there and don't let go of school completely....your kids might need a mom who can help them with schoolwork
              “Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me that curiosity killed the cat, I say only the cat died nobly.”

Comment

i love baking and cooking. love trying new recipes. thats how i spend my trimester break. :)

Comment

Assalam Aleykum sister,
                  I am raising a family and I try to split my day roughly into 8 hours work. 8 hours worship and 8 hours sleep.
                  If you are not working then you have many hours to fill. I would definitely take advantage of this and use the time for Islamic study. I would recommend splitting most of your waking time roughly equally between Qu'ranic study (reading, tajweed, memorising) and salah, with some time set aside for Arabic, fiqh and other Islamic studies.
                  Allah is so Great and Merciful that although we continue to disobey Him, He still awaits for our repentance so that He may forgive us.

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                    i would enroll in a course or something like ppl have mentioned u can do some courses related to deen, arabic, tajweed etc? or do volunteering, i would say do something with a structure cos it makes u more productive. i dont do those things cos i am busy with small kids but i do keep a schedule every day where i go with the kids cos i think u need some order in ur life and something u know u have 2 get up get ready and go out for otherwise u can waste time @ home too much and become disorganised/unmotivated. keep urself busy, and keep urself in good company. its depressing stuck @ home if u dont have anything to do and spending alot of time alone
                    haha studying never finishes. In Islam are we not encouraged to gain knowledge and skills?

Comment

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
                      haha studying never finishes. In Islam are we not encouraged to gain knowledge and skills?
                      i didn't say otherwise so not sure what is your point here
                      dont think many people with a 2 yr old, 1 yr old and pregnant will be doing full time studying as where exactly would they dump their kids?? so if you are trying to make some kind of comment about me then mind ur own business!! if not then dno what ur on about as i did advise the sister 2 enrole in a course
                      .: Rufaida :.
                      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                      “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

as where exactly would they dump their kids??
                        sadly The nursery seems to be a popular place nowadays. Yes that includes many Muslim mums doing it too, seen it with my own eyes.

Comment

i didn't say otherwise so not sure what is your point here
                          dont think many people with a 2 yr old, 1 yr old and pregnant will be doing full time studying as where exactly would they dump their kids?? so if you are trying to make some kind of comment about me then mind ur own business!! if not then dno what ur on about as i did advise the sister 2 enrole in a course
                          I don't know you and I don't want to know your business. Your suggesting for her to do a course in Arabic which is all well and good but that involves more studying which is the probably the reason she left University - So she could not study.

Nobody suggested "dumping" kids. That is where the beauty of Asian Culture kicks in. The strong and close family unit.

Comment

you can go to that special amazing place

begins with a "k" and ends with an "n"

Last edited by Ibn Sina; 22-12-10, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Sina View Post
                              you can go to that special amazing place

begins with a "k" and ends with an "n"

funny.
                              "Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and when you are alive, they crave for your company"

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

Working...
                              X