what do you do on christmas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you do on christmas?

if you have a non-muslim family that celebrates christmas, what do you do during this time?

Re: what do you do on christmas?

You certainly keep out of their partying so as not disturb their lifestyle.

Comment

Lock your self in a room.
      Go to the mosque.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

It is a public holiday and there is no shortage of ' halal',healthy distractions along with the daily, Namaz obligations in Islam.

Comment

Sleep, play comp games, if i'm lucky I'll eat too :)
          How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck couldn't chuck wood? :banbear:

Comment

Nothing just a normal day they usually have talks in the mosque on kufmas so try and go if you can Insha'Allah.

I invited sisters over this year so they do not have to have kufmas dinner with there family but now they have somewhere to go. (and no we are not having a christmas dinner) So try and meet up with people so your not in the house and don't have to feel akward par-taking in it.
            And to Allah belong the soldiers of the heavens and the earth, and ever is Allah Knowing and Wise. [And] that He may admit the believing men and the believing women to gardens beneath which rivers flow to abide therein eternally and remove from them their misdeeds - and ever is that, in the sight of Allah , a great attainment.

Surah Fatĥ 4/5

Comment

attending a conference :inlove:
              http://www.revivingtheislamicspirit.net/

Comment

hide...
                "And swell not thy cheek (for pride) at men, nor walk in insolence through the earth; for Allah loveth not any arrogant boaster. Surah Luqman:18

Comment

watch sunday night football

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                    watch sunday night football
                    On a saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
                      On a saturday?
                      u werent supposed to notice that.

Comment

salaams to all
                        here in SA, many boys are encouraged to join TJ during the silly season- some for longer periods- some for a week-10 days etc.
                        we have our summers at this time of the year & theres lots of partying at the beaches. unfortunately, a good portion of those present would be muslims- they may not consume alcohol but they DO get involved in other haraam activities.
                        then theres the issue of muslims from the interior coming to the coast for holidays- Durban is a very popular destination as many of these people have relatives & friends in Durban.
                        you will find girls/women who dress modestly throughout the year, wearing clothing that is not appropriate for them, they will be cavorting alongside ghair mahram & kaafir males at beaches and swimming pools.
                        AlhamduLillah, many families make extra effort to ensure they visit/stay at places that are a bit isolated and away from the crowds.
                        jazakallah
                        Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
                        very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Comment

nothing, normally just stay @ home as most stuff tends to be closed on xmas. bascially just treat it as a normal day. sometimes u can get some bargains tho cos some online sales start on xmas
                          .: Rufaida :.
                          .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                          http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                          ďPeople praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                          but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.Ē
                          ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Being dragged out of my hiding place, I did try to stress I would like to cherish my only two days off and savor what little sanity I have left from this retail season, but, no. Funny how family is only eager to see you when it's the holiday season, hmmm.

Comment

jump off a cliff onto a bunch of jagged pointy rocks.

seriously i just go out of town. gived me an excuse to take time off work and goto toronto where there are like masjids and stuff.
                              And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Working...
                              X