Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raising arms up to the sky during salaat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Raising arms up to the sky during salaat?

Originally posted by Proud-2b-MUSLIM View Post
    me too now :scratch: lol. and if it's your nikah tomorrow you should be gettin your beauty sleep :p

:embar: i cant sleep sis, feel a little nervous and excited hehe, getting my dose of Ummah before 'hubby' tells me off for being on it all day long
    ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Comment

when 70 of the hufaaz and duat were killed in najd, the prophet (saw) used to do dua qunoot in the last rakat after rising from ruku where he would supplicate for the muslims, against the kuffar/munafiqeen and/or both. this practice is called qunoot an-nazilah, or distress prayer. the imam at our masjid (a hanafi deobandi type) does this from time to time, i.e. during the flooding in pakistan.

as a follower of shafi fiqh, i do this every morning in fajr prayer as well. our proof for this is discussed here: http://www.shafiifiqh.com/?p=12

the general format is rise from the last ruku, then recite aloud the famous qunoot prayer (can be found in hisnul muslim): allahumma ahadinee feeman hadayt...tabaarakta rubbana ta'aalayt and then any other prayers. you end if off with salawat upon the prophet, his family, and his sahabah. and then go down into sajdah.

as for looking upwards, ive never heard or seen anyone doing this, perhaps the brother didnt know better

as a side note: shias do this in *every* prayer and they consider it to be fard
      Last edited by Basil al-Mamluk; 21-12-10, 04:19 AM.
      "The Jew cries out as he strikes you."

Remove matzo

Comment

Originally posted by Proud-2b-MUSLIM View Post
        the op said raising arms and looking in the sky? i dunno if he means with hands out palms facing upwards, or some other way. i know some people do it that way
        After rukuh you say "sami allahu liman hamidah rabbana lakal hamd" and you can raise your hands up but palms should be facing outwards, not as if you're making dua, and you shouldn't look upwards. That to my knowledge is okay.

Comment

I've seen people wrap their arms after saying "sami allahu liman hamidah rabbana lakal hamd." Is here an basis for this?
          And, what's with people not wrapping their arms after the first takbeer?
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
            I've seen people wrap their arms after saying "sami allahu liman hamidah rabbana lakal hamd." Is here an basis for this?
            And, what's with people not wrapping their arms after the first takbeer?
            I think they may be followers of another school of thought, best ask a scholar.
            U WANNA DIE AS A MUSLIM, BUT U DON'T WANNA LIVE AS ONE ???
            IT IS WISE TO FOLLOW SOMEBODY THAT KNOWS THE WAY........
            ........... THE WAY TO JANNAH IS TO FOLLOW THE SUNNAH.

-- ISLAM ISN'T JUST A RELIGION, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE --

LIFE IS FRAGILE, HANDLE WITH PRAYER.

Comment

Working...
            X