Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raising arms up to the sky during salaat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising arms up to the sky during salaat?

Salaams everyone. I went to a big masjid for Jummah a few days ago, and while I was there, I saw one Muslim praying in the front row. He would bend down in ruku, and when he went back up, he looked upwards and raised his arms to the sky before prostrating.

I've never seen this before. Can anyone explain this?
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Re: Raising arms up to the sky during salaat?

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
    Salaams everyone. I went to a big masjid for Jummah a few days ago, and while I was there, I saw one Muslim praying in the front row. He would bend down in ruku, and when he went back up, he looked upwards and raised his arms to the sky before prostrating.

I've never seen this before. Can anyone explain this?
    No, no, that's not allowed.

It is not permissible for him to look up at the sky.
    IslamQA

I'll look for the hadith that specifically mentions this later.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

The Prophet (SAW) said, "People must refrain from looking up at the sky in prayer, or their sight will not return to them (and in one narration ... or their sight will be plucked away)." (Sahih - Al-Bukhari, Muslim and Siraaj)

The Prophet (SAW) said, "Allah does not cease to turn to a slave in his prayer as long as he is not looking around; when he turns his face away, Allah turns away from him." (Sahih - Abu Dawood and others)
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Ask a scholar.
        U WANNA DIE AS A MUSLIM, BUT U DON'T WANNA LIVE AS ONE ???
        IT IS WISE TO FOLLOW SOMEBODY THAT KNOWS THE WAY........
        ........... THE WAY TO JANNAH IS TO FOLLOW THE SUNNAH.

-- ISLAM ISN'T JUST A RELIGION, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE --

LIFE IS FRAGILE, HANDLE WITH PRAYER.

Comment

some people raise their arms,, like for the takbir.. but never known anyone to look up :S
          ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah_Alisha View Post
            some people raise their arms,, like for the takbir.. but never known anyone to look up :S
            I do that.

But looking up is wrong, cuz once you turn your face away from Allah, then Allah will turn away from you, as said in the hadith.

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Islam.07 View Post
              I do that.

But looking up is wrong, cuz once you turn your face away from Allah, then Allah will turn away from you, as said in the hadith.
              yeahh i raise my arms too.. is that rafae yadain << somin like that :scratch:

And yeah was thinkin lookin up aint allowed
              ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Comment

I think some people do that at the part "sami allahu liman hamidah rabbana lakal hamd" because they think its a dua? but its not correct i don't think, inshaAllah someone else will know better
                "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Comment

Originally posted by Proud-2b-MUSLIM View Post
                  I think some people do that at the part "sami allahu liman hamidah rabbana lakal hamd" because they think its a dua? but its not correct i don't think, inshaAllah someone else will know better
                  what raise their arms or look in the sky? :scratch:

Comment

yeahh i raise my arms too.. is that rafae yadain << somin like that :scratch:

And yeah was thinkin lookin up aint allowed
                    yeah the raising arms for the 'Allahu Akbar' is "rafa' yadain" :D
                    "Treat people in such a way and live amongst them in such a manner that if you die they weep over you, and when you are alive, they crave for your company"

[Hadhrat Ali R.A]

Comment

Originally posted by Aisha91 View Post
                      yeah the raising arms for the 'Allahu Akbar' is "rafa' yadain" :D
                      thank youu :up:
                      get a bit confuzzled at times lol

Comment

what raise their arms or look in the sky? :scratch:
                        the op said raising arms and looking in the sky? i dunno if he means with hands out palms facing upwards, or some other way. i know some people do it that way
                        "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Comment

Originally posted by Proud-2b-MUSLIM View Post
                          the op said raising arms and looking in the sky? i dunno if he means with hands out palms facing upwards, or some other way. i know some people do it that way
                          ohh, was just tryna work out when you said about people thinking its a dua, is this the time the OP is talking about...

im a bit lost :scratch: as usual lol

Comment

ohh, was just tryna work out when you said about people thinking its a dua, is this the time the OP is talking about...

im a bit lost :scratch: as usual lol
                            me too now :scratch: lol. and if it's your nikah tomorrow you should be gettin your beauty sleep :p

Comment

It's wrong, I remember hearing it in a lecture, too. Plus, the hadith.^

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                              No, don't close them.

When standing, fix your sight on the place of sujood.
                              When in rukooh, fix your sight on your feet.
                              When in sujood, look between you nose.
                              When in jalsah (sitting after sujoods), look at your index finger.
                              When saying salaams, look at your shoulders.

Side note: Never look up towards the ceiling/sky when praying, esp. when saying "Rabbana Walakal-hamd." It's prohibited to look up.

Side Note 2: Don't turn your face left or right unless absolutely necessary, because when you're praying, He is looking at you.

Comment

Working...
                              X