Which coffee machine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which coffee machine?

I love coffee but never used one of these home coffee machines ever. So how do they work? Do you have to buy coffee beans and pour them in or do you use individual satchets for each cup?

Comment

The one we have uses 'T discs' (the round things) you pop one in, make sure the machine has water, press a button and voila! You don't even have to select a program becase the barcode on the disc specifies what kind of drink you are making.

Just gotta make sure that the cup is big enough.
      It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
      -Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
        I love coffee but never used one of these home coffee machines ever. So how do they work? Do you have to buy coffee beans and pour them in or do you use individual satchets for each cup?
        You have:
        1.Instant Coffee
        2.Bean to Cup Coffee
        3.Tassimo Coffee
        4.Nespresso Coffee

3 and 4 use a unique capsule OR pod system. The machine pass through high pressure water which passes through the super fine coffee beans contained in each capsule or pod to deliver a rich, smooth tasting coffee. Some have a high pressure frother or aerocinnol device if you want to make a latte or cappacino using milk.

The disadvantages are that you are tied down to using selected coffee flavours and pods/capsules. At around 27p each it is kinda expensive but compared to the coffee houses it's a hell of a lot cheaper and tastes the same too, if not better (in my opinion). You can get the pods/capsules from ebay, but the savings aren't that great.

However for 4. You can buy re-usable capsules which you can fill with your own ground coffee.

I don't know much about the Tassimos, look for a side by side comparison on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
        X