Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when you can't sleep what do you do??

:salams:

Okay, right now it is 12:46 am and i am not even tired ! I don't want bags under my eyes but then i will still be awake in bed :(

What do you do when you feel so awake? I heard something about drinking milk but i don't feel like that now :P
    Last edited by adri; 27-11-10, 02:58 PM. Reason: woops i meant AM not PM :)

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
    [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Re: when you can't sleep what do you do??

assalamu alaykum

i count sheep lol just joking, sometimes i cant get to sleep till 4am, best thing, do lots of dhikr, remember Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala and insha Allah you'll be able to go to sleep.

i never go to sleep until i actually feel tired (usually drags on till about 3/4/5 am) because i hate lying in bed thinking why cant i sleep! worse feeling ever!
    http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

Read a book. That always makes me tired haha

Comment

i listen to soothing nasheeds/naaths is relax's my mind..
        Narrated Abu Musa: Some people asked Allah's Apostle, "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands." (Book #2, Hadith #10)

Comment

try to keep ur mind blank..

Comment

Originally posted by galibo View Post
            try to keep ur mind blank..

that is so hard to do.. i have tried it like a million times.. but there is always something going on in my little head.. lol
            Narrated Abu Musa: Some people asked Allah's Apostle, "Whose Islam is the best? i.e. (Who is a very good Muslim)?" He replied, "One who avoids harming the Muslims with his tongue and hands." (Book #2, Hadith #10)

Comment

Read a book until you get sleepy
              الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

count sheeps.
                "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Eat some food?

Comment

it is 2:30 am !!! counting sheep is boring , it involves maths.

Eating, no way, i will keep the fat stored in me during the night and i am not moving then!

Reading i could do ... hmmm

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
                    [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

Read this beautiful du'aa . Insha Allah, you will be able to fall asleep.

" Allahumma gaaratin najoomu wa hada'atil uyoonu wa anta hayyun qayyoomu laa ta' khuzuka sinathunv walaa naum Ya hayyu Ya Qayyoomu Ahdii layli wa anim ayni "

(Oh Allah ! The stars have disappeared and the eyes (of people) have sunken (into deep slumber), but You are the Everlasting and Self-Subsisting Eternal One. No sleep nor slumber can seize You. O Everlasting and Eternal ! Bless my night with peace and my eyes with sleep)

Comment

its boring yea.... that is what puts you to sleep.
                        "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by sunni_ninja View Post

that is so hard to do.. i have tried it like a million times.. but there is always something going on in my little head.. lol
                          lol, yea i used to be like that too,, but, practice makes perfect

Comment

I pray 2 rakah until I get tired. Unfortunately, I fall asleep very easily for the most part.

Comment

i just try to sleep.. easy!

Comment

Working...
                              X