Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim men who marry for the passport

Assalam Alaikum

I have had conversation with a few sisters living in the West who said that Muslim men (Pakistani, Indian, Arab etc) married them but after securing the passport they left them. If you know any real stories of the sort, please share in this thread. JazakAllah.

Re: Muslim men who marry for the passport

That's like the 4th time I've heard this from you.
    Honestly, I think you just met a few unlucky sisters who had to go through this. Majority aren't like this, trust me.
    :1peace:
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

after my aunts divorce she remarried from Pakistan 2 times, turns out that when they came here all they were after was a passport. so she sent them packing, but she is not one to learn from her mistakes and is currently trying to get husband number 5 over. her family told her not to get married from Pakistan but she wouldnt listen. her two other husbands were family from here but they didnt work out either. sad but she doesnt want to be on her own. and she shouldnt have to but her judgement is off.
      glass half empty

Comment

Originally posted by mujhadia View Post
        after my aunts divorce she remarried from Pakistan 2 times, turns out that when they came here all they were after was a passport. so she sent them packing, but she is not one to learn from her mistakes and is currently trying to get husband number 5 over. her family told her not to get married from Pakistan but she wouldnt listen. her two other husbands were family from here but they didnt work out either. sad but she doesnt want to be on her own. and she shouldnt have to but her judgement is off.
        That's sad to hear.
        I'm sure she'll find a "real" husband this time.
        But, I'll stick to what I said before.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

I got two proposals from the US that I refused because I'm not after the passport, Alhamdulillah.

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
            That's sad to hear.
            I'm sure she'll find a "real" husband this time.
            But, I'll stick to what I said before.
            Can you ask her aunt's age? :)

Comment

well this really does happen ... which is sad to hear .. cant tell exact stories but heard cases like that since i got to know some muslims over here in my country.
              [QUOTE]...you are going to really love islam, until you meet the muslims...[/QUOTE]
              Learn to hear Truth ...

Comment

Originally posted by wirusiuke View Post
                well this really does happen ... which is sad to hear .. cant tell exact stories but heard cases like that since i got to know some muslims over here in my country.
                Not only Muslims, but Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, even Christians living in the developing country do that. I am talking about Muslims because I am a Muslim and this is a Muslim forum and I care less for the Non-Muslims.
                Secondly, it doesn't mean that Non-Muslims in the western countries are better, they're worse, coz they don't even get married lol.
                Last edited by Debater; 20-11-10, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Well I am a man and something similar to that almost happened to me but I rejected the sister-she was from Morocco.

So it goes both ways, brothers aren't the only ones doing this...
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o7d8e6Ovbs
                  黒い涙 流す
                  私には何もなくて 悲しすぎて
                  言葉にさえならなくて

Comment

Originally posted by Abdullah_Yusuf View Post
                    Well I am a man and something similar to that almost happened to me but I rejected the sister-she was from Morocco.

So it goes both ways, brothers aren't the only ones doing this...
                    I believe you, bro. But men are the leaders in this case.

Comment

it is real and it happens and it causes a lot of damage.

these men need to waken up and fear Allah.

Comment

This is something I've definitely heard about, but these men make it so obvious all they want is a green card so they're easy to avoid for me. However, here in Dubai theres a huge problem with foreign women flocking here by the dozens in hopes of bagging a local just for citizenship. You see them walking around in abaya and stuff, when they're not even Muslim, trying to impress and flirt with Emirati men.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Malaika~ View Post
                          This is something I've definitely heard about, but these men make it so obvious all they want is a green card so they're easy to avoid for me. However, here in Dubai theres a huge problem with foreign women flocking here by the dozens in hopes of bagging a local just for citizenship. You see them walking around in abaya and stuff, when they're not even Muslim, trying to impress and flirt with Emirati men.
                          that's good for you sis but there are a lot of very cleverly deceitful men out there who prey on new sisters and take advantage of their eagnerness to establish an islamic lifestyle/family.

Comment

Yeah, it's a real problem. The best story I've heard about it involves a friend's brother in the UK:

This genius's tourist visa was about to expire, and he wasn't able to change it to a work visa legitimately, so he pays a British woman to marry him on paper, and applies for residency based on that marriage. These things take time, and after a while he starts to worry. So what does he do?

He pays another British woman to marry him on paper, and files another application for residency based on the second marriage. Long story short, apparently the immigration people do cross-check these things, and he now has no hope of ever being legal no matter what he does.

In the US, just marrying a citizen isn't enough to qualify one for a green card - the citizen spouse has to apply, and if they don't, the non-citizen spouse's visa status isn't affected by the marriage. If someone is legally in the US on a work visa, there's not much benefit in applying for a green card for them, so sisters in this situation should just state at the beginning that they won't. They can always do it later if there's a need, but the passport-seekers will likely move on to easier targets.

Comment

i heard some people would tear their national passport to get that 'prestigious' british passport

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X