Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mmmm, what is this called? I wanna make it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mmmm, what is this called? I wanna make it!

Someone at work brought in this lovely asian desert.

How can I describe it? It's white, it's semi liquid, lots of coconut. very milky? i had about 3 cups of it :embar:

anyone know what I'm talking about?

Re: mmmm, what is this called? I wanna make it!

sheerkuma?
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

yeahhhh that's it, googled it and comes up as sheer khurma. right got the recipe now. hope it's not too high in calories.

Comment

This is sheer khurma...

Or it could be Ras Malai...but I doubt it.

Or Kheer, like this...

Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Oh, you got it. :D

Well, do try out Kheer, too, and Ras Malai someday.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
            Oh, you got it. :D

Well, do try out Kheer, too, and Ras Malai someday.
            oh no, that kheer looks like what I had but it was much whiter.

what's the difference between the sheer khurma and the kheer? i'm gonna look up this ras malai now, lol.

Comment

.mirror. that last pic you posted looks like it has bits of foil all over it :S

I'm not asian so don't know the difference between that kurma thingy and kheer, but I know kheer is like rice pudding? But ras malai is goooood :inlove:

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Comment

i've never heard of sheerkuma

Originally posted by Islam.07 View Post

I'm not asian so don't know the difference between that kurma thingy and kheer, but I know kheer is like rice pudding? But ras malai is goooood :inlove:
                edible silver decoration? many Asian mithai (halwa) has it...

Comment

Yeah, the foil is edible. It's very thin. Used for decoration purposes.
                  It's not aluminum foil. Lol.

Huge difference between Kheer and Sheer Khurma.
                  Kheer is made with rice, Sheer khurma with vermicelli.
                  They taste different.

Comment

lol that's what i noticed too :S

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]deen Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the . So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2][1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
                    [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

The silver thing is called Varakh, apparently.
                      I didn't knew that.

Comment

my mum makes this every Eid or our version of it, i dislike it. i like the dry vermicelli version with assorted nuts and golden raisins, yum.
                        glass half empty

Comment

we just call it eid milk lol, but my nan calls it sirkumo, must be the gujji name

Originally posted by urban rose View Post
                          i've never heard of sheerkuma

edible silver decoration? many Asian mithai (halwa) has it...
                          The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '

Comment

Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
                            we just call it eid milk lol, but my nan calls it sirkumo, must be the gujji name
                            oh yes, we have 'eid milk' too, but its mainly just milk and nuts and i think gran puts in rice pudding or something....never had with vermecelli...havent heard the gujji term either, just called milk

Comment

in the gujji version the vermicelli is tiny- its not left in strands if that makes sense

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X