distributing Qurbani?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distributing Qurbani?

is there a method to it? is some supposed to go to the poor? so who do we give the meat to?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Re: distributing Qurbani?

Most people tend to pay for qurbani in another country where poor people will benefit from it which is good mashaAllah! However it is also good to eat some of your qurbani meat yourself/ distribute amongst your families, so some choose to do one in a poor country thus feeding the poor and one in their home country so they are able to distribute the meat amongst family/ friends and also eat some of that blessed yummy meat :D :D
    What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
    Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
    Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
    but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
    but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
    We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
    freedom from slavery to other than the One,
    Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
    and a horizon that extends to the next life,
    Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

I've always heard you split it up in three parts: One for your household, One for your extended family, One for the poors.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

ok so if weve done 2 qurbanis then we dont need to give a portion of the one done here to the poor? coz i was wondering where we gonna find poor people to give it too

Comment

but are there any charities for homeless etc that could take my qurbani meat and feed people with it?
          and is it distributed to onlu muslims? or non muslim family/neighbours too?

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
            ok so if weve done 2 qurbanis then we dont need to give a portion of the one done here to the poor? coz i was wondering where we gonna find poor people to give it too
            Yeah, that's a good question.
            I guess it should suffice if you've given meat to poor back home. I'm not 100%, though.

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
            but are there any charities for homeless etc that could take my qurbani meat and feed people with it?
            and is it distributed to onlu muslims? or non muslim family/neighbours too?
            I couldn't find any welfare organization that takes you meat and donates it on your behalf. I'm sure if you contact your local mosque, they'll tell you where to donate your meat.

Yes, you can donate meat to non-muslims. It's allowed.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
              Yeah, that's a good question.
              I guess it should suffice if you've given meat to poor back home. I'm not 100%, though.

I couldn't find any welfare organization that takes you meat and donates it on your behalf. I'm sure if you contact your local mosque, they'll tell you where to donate your meat.

Yes, you can donate meat to non-muslims. It's allowed.
              I'm not sure if you can give qurbani meat to non MUslims? but I know that if it's just normal meat, non-Qurbani, you can give it to non Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by Supernova Nebula View Post
                I'm not sure if you can give qurbani meat to non MUslims? but I know that if it's just normal meat, non-Qurbani, you can give it to non Muslims.
                I checked in three sites. They all said it's permissible.
                If you want the links, let me know.

Comment

hmm maybe do the qurbani then the meat...distribute it equally into few poor ppl. and pack them in a tiffin and give them or something? tell them they can cook it themselves from somewhere. or you can make the daal gosht etc.. off the meat and give the cooked food to the poor. This way atleast one meal they will truely enjoy and relish because it is Tayyib food, Slaughtered Islamically and Allah might put barakah in ur food.

Maybe because of this act Allaah might forgive you just as He forgave:

Allah's Apostle said, "A prostitute was forgiven by Allah, because, passing by a panting dog near a well and seeing that the dog was about to die of thirst, she took off her shoe, and tying it with her head-cover she drew out some water for it. So, Allah forgave her because of that." Volume 4, Book 54, Number 538, Narrated Abu Huraira.
                  Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
                  فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                    I checked in three sites. They all said it's permissible.
                    If you want the links, let me know.
                    ok, give me the links please.

Comment

You got it!

Distributing Udhiya/Qurbani Meat to Needy Non-Muslims

Is it permissible to give Qurbani meat to non-Muslims?

Giving Qurbani meat to non-muslims.

It is permissible to give Qurbani meat to non-muslims, especially those among them who are needy and there is no harm in this.
                      Source

Distribution of the Qurbani meat

It is preferable that the meat from Qurbani be divided in three equal parts: one for the home, one for relatives and friends, and one for the poor and needy. The meat from qurbani can be distributed to the poor, rich, Muslim or non-Muslim.
                      Source

Comment

Ok Jazakallahukhayr, it's good for da'wah too.:up:

Comment

:jkk: everyone!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X