X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolfn
    replied
    Re: As Muslims, we really need to rethink offensive things

When the old Jewish lady threw trash at Muhammad (SAW) every day, did he insult her back or want her killed?

He didn't. Instead, he ignored her until he found out she was sick. When that happened, he took care of her until she got better. Didn't she convert to Islam because of this?

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Originally posted by just passing by View Post
    Many here talk incredibly disrespectfully about westerners in degrading and mocking tones. Should that be banned too?
    Many here talk "incredibly disrespectfully" about their own Muslims brothers and sisters. :(

Leave a comment:

• just passing by
    replied

Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
    i think it should be pretty obvious to any person with a little bit of common sense and a bit of respect, that it is totally disrespectful to depict those that others of another faith respect and love, in a manner which is degrading and mocking, in the guise of freedom of speech.
    It might be disrespectful, but that doesn't follow that it should be banned.

Many here talk incredibly disrespectfully about westerners in degrading and mocking tones. Should that be banned too?

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

i didn't read that, astaghfirullah.

as a matter of fact rattzi, the sahaba loved prophet muhammad more than their own lives their own parents and own wives and children,
    you can read about this in books n lives of the sahaba. they would rather be killed than see even a thorn hurt the beloved Prophet. So kindly, keep your rude comments to yourself and do not speak ignorantly.

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Originally posted by ratzi View Post
    most likely, the sahaba had their own private jokes about Mohammed
    What?
    Don't make things up, please.

You have no idea about the love and respect the Sahabas had for Propet Muhammad :saw:.
    They were willing to give up their life for him :saw:.

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

i think it should be pretty obvious to any person with a little bit of common sense and a bit of respect, that it is totally disrespectful to depict those that others of another faith respect and love, in a manner which is degrading and mocking, in the guise of freedom of speech.

Leave a comment:

• just passing by
    replied

why should i laugh at something thats not a laughing matter?
    The question really is should others be banned from laughing at something you don't find a laughing matter?

I think people should always show sensitivity and tact, but if people really do find things utterly unacceptable, they have to make it known why, and hope in time attitudes will change. Shouting in the street and waving placards saying people who insult Islam should beheaded is not the answer. There is nothing anyone could say to anyone about any subject that would make their beheading a reasonable outcome, with the possible exception of those people who ring twice a week to ask you if you want to change your gas supplier.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

why should i laugh at something that's not a laughing matter?
    difficult question

guess the answer is another question:

who decides about what is a laughing matter and what isn't ?

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

as someone else said, why should i laugh at something that i hold close to my heart? humour is part of Islam even the prophet peace be upon him made jokes, however why should i laugh at something thats not a laughing matter?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

oh pack it in
    kee kee

humour, irony and even sarcasm are the salt of life

if you are not able to laugh about yourself, about your beliefs, and even about your religion, IMHO you are in a sorry, sorry state

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

oh pack it in with the assumptions and sarcasm will you.
    if you don't understand something why don't you ask like a normal person to be explained to you?
    regardless of wether a man or woman finds every tom **** and harry on the street attractive or not, in islam we are told to keep our gazes lowered and avoid unnecessary contact with the opposite gender. the laws of islam are for everyone, it doesn't change for a few people who claim to be different.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

protests achieve nothing, its an excuse for many to act like hooligans, free mix
    Good Lord

I had never realized some muslims were so desperate about having contact with the other gender that they would have to resort to minor riots in order to achieve their lustful purpose

Leave a comment:

• KeeKee
    replied

personally, protests achieve nothing, its an excuse for many to act like hooligans, free mix etc.

violence is not the answer, however if Allah and his beloved Messenger, the best of mankind, the mercy for mankind, Muhammad peace be upon him is insulted, none of us should keep silent on the matter. how can any of us endure anyone insulting the one man who went through so much for us, who even on his last breaths was worrying about us, 'ummati ummati' .

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
    nothing ever 'ends' on a forum when i can go back to any post and bump up as i please
    exactly

people write "end of story", "close this thread", "khalas" etc simply because they would like to have the last word

but, on the internet, no one ever has had the last word

Leave a comment:

• GuCcI
    replied

Originally posted by TheRationalMan View Post
    Why are you even bringing this up again when it's ended...?

Loonietoonie and I both have different perspectives on this matter. He thinks that the boy deserved suspension. I don't. He thinks the girl had full right to be upset and such. I think she should have sucked it up.

Different opinions. End of story.
    your discussion with loonietoons isnt my business. the issue is the effects of bullying on kids who 'suck it up' and just let it pass.

nothing ever 'ends' on a forum when i can go back to any post and bump up as i please

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X