X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: As Muslims, we really need to rethink offensive things

Originally posted by Proud-2b-MUSLIM View Post
    It says something different on the placard in the link u posted
    I see that, but do you agree with what the protests were saying?
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
      I see that, but do you agree with what the protests were saying?
      I don't know. It all looks very dramatic...
      "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

Comment

Originally posted by TheRationalMan View Post
        Yeah, loonietoonie, you're really a bad person. Why on earth did the boy deserve to get suspended? He was mentioning the Taliban in a video game; it just so happened that some Muslim girl overheard him and beyond overreacted.

Obviously, if the boy WAS calling the girl names, she should have told somebody, but to get him suspended when he wasn't even talking about her? What are YOU talking about?

You're crazy.
        Maybe you didn't read the article.

Here's the link again.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/educ...n_comment.html

Comment

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post
          Maybe you didn't read the article.

Here's the link again.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/educ...n_comment.html
          ???

How does that change anything? He just looked at her. He mentioned the word Taliban in the video game, and the first thing he saw was a Muslim girl, so obviously the two things connected in his mind.

I'm obviously not trying to say that very Muslim is part of the Taliban, but as the article stated, the boy didn't even know the girl and was just looking around and talking to his friend. The boy doesn't deserve to get suspended. The girl overreacted.

It was a mistake; it's not like he blatantly walked over, pointed at the girl, and shouted 'TALIBAN!' He was just talking about a video game.

Comment

I'm obviously not trying to say that very Muslim is part of the Taliban, but as the article stated, the boy didn't even know the girl and was just looking around and talking to his friend. The boy doesn't deserve to get suspended. The girl overreacted.

It was a mistake; it's not like he blatantly walked over, pointed at the girl, and shouted 'TALIBAN!' He was just talking about a video game.
            looks like you only chose to read certain parts of the article and not others:

Reis said administrators had planned to treat the situation as a teachable moment and meet simultaneously with both students to talk about it. The boy was suspended after the girl came to Reis upset a second time.
            Suspension is pretty harsh even for bullying that took place on 2 counts. It would go on the kid's permanent school record which is sad. I think detention would have been better. Oh well...
            Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

???

How does that change anything? He just looked at her. He mentioned the word Taliban in the video game, and the first thing he saw was a Muslim girl, so obviously the two things connected in his mind.

The Article:
              And after the boy was told by administrators not to discuss what happened, Reis (The Principal) said, “He went back and hurt her feelings a second time.”
              ...............?

Comment

^ lol
                Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
                  looks like you only chose to read certain parts of the article and not others:

Suspension is pretty harsh even for bullying that took place on 2 counts. It would go on the kid's permanent school record which is sad. I think detention would have been better. Oh well...
                  He has a knack to do this sis. Have a look at the thread "Punishment of Rape in the Bible" and the games he tried to play with the Qur'an. Ironically, he calls himself TheRationalMan.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
                    well I dont know who "snopes" is, so it doesnt confirm anything for me. regardless, so what if we have some crazy nutjobs? every country/religion does, why is it that whenever they are muslims its blown way out of proportion
                    " O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but Allah purifies whom He wills, and Allah is Hearing and Knowing. "
                    Surah An-Nur, Verse 21

Comment

???

What proof is there that actually he was talking about a video game and didnt say it about her? I am not saying its not true, it may be or it may be not, regardless bullying is very serious problem in schools and it should be addressed. Also what does knowing the girl have to do with it? You dont have to know a muslim to call them taliban. The boy only got suspended for a day, I thought he was permanently suspended. Maybe he didnt have to be suspended but it also says he hurt her feelings a second time, its not clear how
                      " O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but Allah purifies whom He wills, and Allah is Hearing and Knowing. "
                      Surah An-Nur, Verse 21

Comment

Originally posted by GuCcI View Post

if thats the case, its sad. Most of the time they hear this racist stuff from adults at home, so cant blame them
                        Surah An-Nur, Verse 21

Comment

Originally posted by IDK View Post
                          well I dont know who "snopes" is, so it doesnt confirm anything for me. regardless, so what if we have some crazy nutjobs? every country/religion does, why is it that whenever they are muslims its blown way out of proportion
                          actually snoopes is a really reliable website.

to OP, talk about over-reaction.
                          "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

brother wolfn, salam

i've been wanting to reply to this thread but been on some brutal night shifts. will do so when it's convenient. this is a real good subject and something i've given a fair amount of thought to.
                            "He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

???

How does that change anything? He just looked at her. He mentioned the word Taliban
                              is the definition "Taliban" now considered an insult ?

I would have thought that, on this forum, most people have a very high opinion of the Talibans

Comment

Glad Tidings: Signs of Defeat for those who Insult Allah's Messenger.

Ibn Taymiyah says,

"Many Muslims, trust worthy, people of expertise and Fiqh spoke many times about their experiences when they surrounded castles and cities in Sham and surrounded the Christians.

They said we would surround the castle or the city, for a month or more and our besieging of them is doing nothing, and we are almost going to give up and leave. Then when the people of that town or castle, would start cursing the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) suddenly it would fall in our hands, sometimes the delay would not be even a day or two and it would be opened by force. So we would take it as a glad tiding when we would hear them curse the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) even though our hearts would be filled with hatred but we would see it as a glad tiding because it is a sign of our coming victory."

And that is the meaning of the ayah in Surah al Kawthar:

إِنَّ شَانِئَكَ هُوَ الاٌّبْتَرُ
                                "Indeed your enemy is the one who is cutoff!"

[Surah al Kawthar 108:3]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X