I need an excuse for my parents to attend Eid prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I need an excuse for my parents to attend Eid prayers

Ok, I plan to tell them Eid prayers are at 8am, which would allow me to leave the house at my desired time. I will also tell them I'll attend my class so I'm not missing out on anything.
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
      Ok, I'm planning to attend Eid prayers at a masjid about an hour away. Eid prayers are at 9am. It's going to take an hour and a half to drive there and get a good parking spot, which means I need to leave my house at 7:30am. Eid prayers will be on Tuesday, and I have a class at 11:00 am.

I need a good excuse to leave my house so early on Tuesday morning. Any suggestions?
      Some scholars say Eid Salaat is not compulsory (only optional); it's a collective duty, not an individual one. Obviously there's an alternative viewpoint, but I thought it should be mentioned.
      'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/ :)

Comment

Originally posted by Peacenik View Post
        Some scholars say Eid Salaat is not compulsory (only optional); it's a collective duty, not an individual one. Obviously there's an alternative viewpoint, but I thought it should be mentioned.
        Well, Eid is basically the Muslim Christmas and I would really love to attend. It's not fair that my parents have several days off for Christmas and I have to go to school on Eid.
        Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
          Well, Eid is basically the Muslim Christmas and I would really love to attend. It's not fair that my parents have several days off for Christmas and I have to go to school on Eid.
          You're still at school?? I thought you were in your twenties :o very mature mA :up:

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Islam.07 View Post
            You're still at school?? I thought you were in your twenties :o very mature mA :up:
            I'm in college

Comment

Originally posted by Foulana View Post
              I like this one.

Tell the truth there is no need to lie, you aren't doing anything wrong or illegal.
              i agree with this, there may b difficulties but if u stand up for urself and be upfront about what u r doing i feel in the long run it becomes easier. they become almost forced 2 accept over time whereas if u are apologetic with it, hide it and things it makes them feel more legitimised in being against it, as u felt u have to hide it & lie, makes u look guilty? iyswim..?
              <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X