Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: alright try not to laugh

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
    Are you saying the mentally ill should remain in a mental institution because you never know what a mental will do suddenly. Or they wait for something bad to happen then they chase them and lock them up?
    in the uk the latter happens, and then they often remain locked up because of the former point u made. very sad but true.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Yes but atleast they have a system in place for these people which is a good thing.
      الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Yes but atleast they have a system in place for these people which is a good thing.
        Allahu alam i dont think enough is done, because unless the person tries to kill themselves, or someone else. then nothing much is done for them at all. i have tried to get help for someone who became mentally ill and was clearly deteriorating, living rough, walking the streets taking 5 steps forward and 2 back, having visions and hearing voices and his doctor said nothing could be done unless he harmed someone else, or tried to commit suicide. thats tragic and not nearly enough is done to help ppl in such situations.
        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
          Allahu alam i dont think enough is done, because unless the person tries to kill themselves, or someone else. then nothing much is done for them at all. i have tried to get help for someone who became mentally ill and was clearly deteriorating, living rough, walking the streets taking 5 steps forward and 2 back, having visions and hearing voices and his doctor said nothing could be done unless he harmed someone else, or tried to commit suicide. thats tragic and not nearly enough is done to help ppl in such situations.
          Same for here in America. Nothing is done unless they try to hurt someone, then they get help but once they are better in the institution they let them go into the world again alone,with no help.

Comment

If he is mentally ill why is he out on the streets?
            ther are lots of mentally ill people in timmins. we even have nicknames for them. theres speedy, red rick, cornflakes (hes dead now tho) and a few more. they have some type of governmental help for money but probably spent on drugs. this needle in the bum thing got me too. convo went down like this:

do you know any social workers?
            yeah?
            do they have an office?
            ya the timmins mental health association
            oh i see, and dose a worker cme to see you?
            oh yeah, and sometime i have to go there to get an injection in the bum
            in the bum?
            yeah, to make it bigger
            (at this point im really hoping hes not gonna try to sell himself to me for money. seriously i thought that)
            to make it bigger?
            ya, its supposed to help fight off viruses and colds and stuff.
            i seee.....

and then he left.

but seriosuly theres enought ppl on the streets considering i live in a small town. we have like a little mini tent city here near the dump. thats where they live, and i would og there to give dawah or somthing but umm ill just be blunt here cause i dont know how to say it, they are all homos. i walk in there im liable to get raped. not even kidding.

but this guy dosent live down there according to what he says.
            painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by QMU View Post
              best thing to do, is go into a shop and buy him the food/clothes..... that way you know it wont be spent on anythin bad as stated above by kasim.
              Thats Good Advice
              And He found you lost and guided you,
              ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
              " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
              ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Just be there for him when he drops by. Offer him something to eat, if you can see he's in need of some clothing give him some of yours that you perhaps don't use, listen to him and try to give Dawah if he is able to carry a somewhat normal conversation (use simple sentences) and most importantly please pray for him because the fact is that if Allah had willed it you or anyone of us could have been in his place:(
                "Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"
                Whosoever desires peace prepares for war; no one provokes, nor dares to offend, those who they know to be superior in battle-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X