• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDK
    replied
    Re: Is Eid that important?

Originally posted by Sismael View Post
    Sorry about the title I was depresed at the time of making the thread :(

I havent got this attitude towards eid as i never wnated to go into school on eid and i didnt go in.

Many people act like eid is a really big thing only because of the hireing cars and trolling the streets but they quickly change their attitude when exams come on the same day as eid. Therefore i asked if eid was that important beause of the quick change in attitude by my friends. I dont know much about eid just that this eid was for sacraficing a cow/sheep/lamb and the story behind it with the prophet and sacrificing his son

Sorry if the thread caused any problems
    no bro, of course its no problem for me, I am sorry I came accross like that, what I was trying to say is lets welcome the day because lately I hear many people not willing to enjoy some things that Allah wants us to enjoy so I was trying to bring on that attitude, I hadnt realised that you dont think like that

I apologise

I hope your exams went well and you had a good Eid too

Leave a comment:

• Sismael
    replied

Originally posted by IDK View Post
    your title is bad. People need to change this attitude. You should be very happy that Allah gave us this day for us to solely celebrate and enjoy it with loved ones. Be grateful for it

Maybe you should think in terms of, what can I do, I might not be able to enjoy Eid because I have work to do
    Sorry about the title I was depresed at the time of making the thread :(

I havent got this attitude towards eid as i never wnated to go into school on eid and i didnt go in.

Many people act like eid is a really big thing only because of the hireing cars and trolling the streets but they quickly change their attitude when exams come on the same day as eid. Therefore i asked if eid was that important beause of the quick change in attitude by my friends. I dont know much about eid just that this eid was for sacraficing a cow/sheep/lamb and the story behind it with the prophet and sacrificing his son

Sorry if the thread caused any problems

Leave a comment:

• IDK
    replied

Hi I just wanted to know is the upcoming Eid important? I have mock exams on thatday for sciences but want to stay home for Eid but im not sure what i should do. Is this Eid that important but I'd preferably stay at home because I haven't revised for the mocks.
    your title is bad. People need to change this attitude. You should be very happy that Allah gave us this day for us to solely celebrate and enjoy it with loved ones. Be grateful for it

Maybe you should think in terms of, what can I do, I might not be able to enjoy Eid because I have work to do

Leave a comment:

• GuCcI
    replied

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
    Yes Eid is important. People complain about everything, do we ever express gratitude for anything? Its too hot, its too cold; it's dars it's sunny; Im too busy, Im bored etc.

Eid is a blessing from the countless blessings of ALLAH Ta'ala so express gratitude for it and thank ALLAH Ta'ala. Don't understand why some people are so negative all the time when there's so much to be positive about and have hope in.
    I agree people find so many excuses to skip class head to the mall, call in sick to work to relax,. but then eid comes around and everyone's all like ohhh i have exams i have to study no eid for me, i have to go to class, no eid. i have work , i couldnt get the day off.

well sorry about that people - been there done that. i've had major things following eid or during eid or whatever and always managed to stay on top of everything. i was always able to take the day off and enjoy myself. this is all just seeking attention and showing oneself as important. if you know you have something coming up then get it done beforehand and dont complain on eid. its the holiday we have and then they all complain later about not having events/occasions , etc.

rant over.

Leave a comment:

• x--x
    replied

It's only mock exams not the real thing so if you didn't want to go in on eid I'm sure you could ask your teacher for the paper after eid so you could have a go at it at home? They usually just use an old past paper as a mock.

Leave a comment:

• Basil al-Mamluk
    replied

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
    Yes Eid is important. People complain about everything, do we ever express gratitude for anything? Its too hot, its too cold; it's dars it's sunny; Im too busy, Im bored etc.

Eid is a blessing from the countless blessings of ALLAH Ta'ala so express gratitude for it and thank ALLAH Ta'ala. Don't understand why some people are so negative all the time when there's so much to be positive about and have hope in.
    just another day to me

worked veterans day so i could get off

im celebrating by sleeping in

Leave a comment:

• SimplyMuslim
    replied

im making well trying to make an pact to not touch any work on Eid days-
    You should too-
    guilt free without doing any college work

Leave a comment:

• Medievalist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Abdul-Curim
    replied

Exams are three to four hours three differnet exams though
    May Allah (swt) make it easy for you .

Ameen .

Leave a comment:

• Sismael
    replied

Originally posted by Useless_Slave_of_Allah View Post
    You should at least pray the Eid salaah.
    After that, if your exams are important then you should take them (it only takes a couple of hours right?).
    After that......join the family feast & chill.
    Exams are three to four hours three differnet exams though

Leave a comment:

• Useless_Slave_of_Allah
    replied

You should at least pray the Eid salaah.
    After that, if your exams are important then you should take them (it only takes a couple of hours right?).
    After that......join the family feast & chill.

Leave a comment:

• Abdul-Curim
    replied

There is a difference of opinion on Eid Salat , some scholars say its wajib others say it is Sunnah al Moaqqadhah.

Leave a comment:

• IbnulQayyim
    replied

You can go to give the exam after the Eid Salah if its possible

Leave a comment:

• *~ Shrinking Violet ~*
    replied

No problem :)

Leave a comment:

• Sismael
    replied

Originally posted by Angel Eyes View Post
    Ring them up on Tuesday morning then...they shouldn't mind especially since they're bound to know about the unpredictability of when Eid is (in our religion). It's not like you're lying about it being Eid, so trust me, they'll react to it fine; and if they are miffed then let them be, that's their problem lol
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X