Is Eid that important?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Eid that important?

Hi I just wanted to know is the upcoming Eid important? I have mock exams on thatday for sciences but want to stay home for Eid but im not sure what i should do. Is this Eid that important but I'd preferably stay at home because I haven't revised for the mocks.

Re: Is Eid that important?

Originally posted by Sismael View Post
    Hi I just wanted to know is the upcoming Eid important? I have mock exams on thatday for sciences but want to stay home for Eid but im not sure what i should do. Is this Eid that important but I'd preferably stay at home because I haven't revised for the mocks.
    Lolzz, if you haven't revised then that's all the more reason to stay at home! Initially I was going to work through Eid but then I thought I've got what's remaining of my life to work so why not spend Eid at home with my family even if we don't do much?? Eid only comes twice a year after all...
    If taking a day off isn't going to interfere with your studies/education in any way, then I'd advise you to talk to your tutors and take the day off :)
    Allah's Messenger :saw: said: "Allah the Exalted said: I live in the thought of My servant and I am with him as he remembers Me. When he draws near Me by the span of his hand, I draw near him by the length of a cubit, and when he draws near Me by the length of a cubit, I draw near him by the length of a fathom, and when he draws near Me walking I draw close to him running." (Al-Bukhari)

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Eyes View Post
      Lolzz, if you haven't revised then that's all the more reason to stay at home! Initially I was going to work through Eid but then I thought I've got what's remaining of my life to work so why not spend Eid at home with my family even if we don't do much?? Eid only comes twice a year after all...
      If taking a day off isn't going to interfere with your studies/education in any way, then I'd advise you to talk to your tutors and take the day off :)
      I cant speak to my tutors because I have no school on monday and eid is on tuesday

Comment

Ring them up on Tuesday morning then...they shouldn't mind especially since they're bound to know about the unpredictability of when Eid is (in our religion). It's not like you're lying about it being Eid, so trust me, they'll react to it fine; and if they are miffed then let them be, that's their problem lol
        Allah's Messenger :saw: said: "Allah the Exalted said: I live in the thought of My servant and I am with him as he remembers Me. When he draws near Me by the span of his hand, I draw near him by the length of a cubit, and when he draws near Me by the length of a cubit, I draw near him by the length of a fathom, and when he draws near Me walking I draw close to him running." (Al-Bukhari)

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Eyes View Post
          Ring them up on Tuesday morning then...they shouldn't mind especially since they're bound to know about the unpredictability of when Eid is (in our religion). It's not like you're lying about it being Eid, so trust me, they'll react to it fine; and if they are miffed then let them be, that's their problem lol
          Thanks

Comment

No problem :)

Comment

You can go to give the exam after the Eid Salah if its possible
              Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
              فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

There is a difference of opinion on Eid Salat , some scholars say its wajib others say it is Sunnah al Moaqqadhah.
                Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
                deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Comment

You should at least pray the Eid salaah.
                  After that, if your exams are important then you should take them (it only takes a couple of hours right?).
                  After that......join the family feast & chill.
                  U WANNA DIE AS A MUSLIM, BUT U DON'T WANNA LIVE AS ONE ???
                  IT IS WISE TO FOLLOW SOMEBODY THAT KNOWS THE WAY........
                  ........... THE WAY TO JANNAH IS TO FOLLOW THE SUNNAH.

-- ISLAM ISN'T JUST A RELIGION, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE --

LIFE IS FRAGILE, HANDLE WITH PRAYER.

Comment

Originally posted by Useless_Slave_of_Allah View Post
                    You should at least pray the Eid salaah.
                    After that, if your exams are important then you should take them (it only takes a couple of hours right?).
                    After that......join the family feast & chill.
                    Exams are three to four hours three differnet exams though

Comment

Originally posted by Sismael View Post
                      Exams are three to four hours three differnet exams though
                      May Allah (swt) make it easy for you .

Ameen .
                      Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
                      deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Comment

Yes Eid is important. People complain about everything, do we ever express gratitude for anything? Its too hot, its too cold; it's dars it's sunny; Im too busy, Im bored etc.

Eid is a blessing from the countless blessings of ALLAH Ta'ala so express gratitude for it and thank ALLAH Ta'ala. Don't understand why some people are so negative all the time when there's so much to be positive about and have hope in.
                        Rajab is a month of cultivation

Comment

im making well trying to make an pact to not touch any work on Eid days-
                          You should too-
                          guilt free without doing any college work
                          .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                            Yes Eid is important. People complain about everything, do we ever express gratitude for anything? Its too hot, its too cold; it's dars it's sunny; Im too busy, Im bored etc.

Eid is a blessing from the countless blessings of ALLAH Ta'ala so express gratitude for it and thank ALLAH Ta'ala. Don't understand why some people are so negative all the time when there's so much to be positive about and have hope in.
                            just another day to me

worked veterans day so i could get off

im celebrating by sleeping in
                            "The Jew cries out as he strikes you."

Remove matzo

Comment

It's only mock exams not the real thing so if you didn't want to go in on eid I'm sure you could ask your teacher for the paper after eid so you could have a go at it at home? They usually just use an old past paper as a mock.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X