Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scholars out of touch with the youth today ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scholars out of touch with the youth today ?

I am not refering to politics as this requires a thread of its own but

Domestic problems, Drugs and alcohol, and the adoption of much of the culture of the West.

are the scholars of today out of touch with the youth ?

Re: scholars out of touch with the youth today ?

NO .... its the youth that are out of touch with the scholars.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
      NO .... its the youth that are out of touch with the scholars.
      and what makes you say this ?

I like how you turned the tables but can you justify it ?

Comment

i dont think people like Abu taubah, Imam Anwar al Anwaki and yourself are out of touch

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
        (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by hamza89 View Post
          and what makes you say this ?

I like how you turned the tables but can you justify it ?
          U can jz look all around u. Just ask the simple question to some1 , what is the ruling on beard? ... he will reply it is optional.

U ask him which sect u from? . and he will reply hannafi , shafi , etc. But these arent sects. They are laws of jurispudence.

So why do they answer like this?

U got alot of Islamic stuff on the internet and also on tv now. But why do the youth still answer like that?. The problem is they have time to go to night clubs or smoke some sheesha but they dont have time to read some books from the scholars of the past and present.

Comment

I think you're being unfair reducing the youth to nightclubs, i noticed a major improvement in my region at least, even if it is still difficult to get hold of a scholar or to have a visibility on islamic events, to invite scholars. Even the parents are not educated enough although they came from a Muslim majority country, im doing it by myself, young people are doing it by themselves it's normal that it takes some time. I see on Facebook on Islamic pages, many videos in English or Arabic translated to French (for my country for instance) when a lot don't know English or Arabic so i take it as an improvement
            Of course there are black sheeps but are we not all even a little?
            My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
            Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

There are a few that understand the need to be socially relevent such as Imam Suhaib webb and Imam Zaid Shakir; but the majority unfortunatly are losing the youth. Committees that run Masjids are more interested in building bigger mosques that are only really filled a few times a year. Instead of employing students or investing in students that can emphasize with the local community. Soon you will have a generation that will have lost Islam almost totally I know children of Ulema that don't practice or hang around the streets or parks with drug dealers.

Though I don't really tend to bash groups or get mixed up with sectarian non sense, but you have groups of people telling brothers and sisters that the little that they do follow is bidah. Then you have other groups calling some brothers wahabi because he prays at a certain place or is assoicated with a few brothers/sisters. Public pray rooms have become places of age old argumentation, that are inherited from our elders when in reality half of these people can't even read fatiha correctly or don't know the farid of ghuls/wudhu.

Though there are few scholars that do mash'Allah good work in their respected communities the vast majority, from my experience do not.

just my 2cents.
              ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
              Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                i dont think people like Abu taubah, Imam Anwar al Anwaki and yourself are out of touch
                there not scholars and neither am i but am talking about our teachers , the people that abu taubah etc

Comment

We don't even know who 'they' are and most of us live in the west. If people hold the opinion that there are no scholars in the west then how can they be out of touch with a society that they don't know? As for speakers, ustadhs and such then i'd say they are pretty in touch with the youth. Imams of masjids - most would say not at all.
                  "And We will remove whatever is in their breasts of resentment, [so they will be] brothers, on thrones facing each other."
                  Al Hijr: 47

Comment

Originally posted by Asma-SE View Post
                    We don't even know who 'they' are and most of us live in the west. If people hold the opinion that there are no scholars in the west then how can they be out of touch with a society that they don't know? As for speakers, ustadhs and such then i'd say they are pretty in touch with the youth. Imams of masjids - most would say not at all.
                    If the youth are not out of touch with the imams and duaat in the west. then why the rampant ignorance and widespread problems ?

because like abu rambo said so many people out there don't know what invalidates their prayer or the masses that are friday muslims

Comment

There was (1)the Messenger of Allah, prayers and peace of Allah be upon him, (2) the Sahabah, May Allah be pleased with them (3) the people.
                      Number two, the Sahabah, resembling the middle man is missing from the community. This is the group that act between the scholars and the normal people, they are missing from the field. We have to manufacture dozens of those.
                      islamway
                      اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
                        There was (1)the Messenger of Allah, prayers and peace of Allah be upon him, (2) the Sahabah, May Allah be pleased with them (3) the people.
                        Number two, the Sahabah, resembling the middle man is missing from the community. This is the group that act between the scholars and the normal people, they are missing from the field. We have to manufacture dozens of those.
                        yani the people who act upon the Quran and the Sunnah

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
                          would you please elaborate "the middle man" --"the group that act between the scholars and the normal people"?
                          “Verily, I constantly renew my Islam until this very day, as up to now, I do not consider myself to have ever been a good Muslim.” Sheikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (Narrated by Ibn-al Qayyim in ‘Madarij as-Salikin” 1/218)

Comment

yani the people who act upon the Quran and the Sunnah
                            No literaly, we miss the middle man. scholars say the theory they couldn't apply it on their own they need helpers, the companions (may Allah be pleased with them) were his helpers, the ones that apply his orders with knowledge among people. This type of personality is scarce in the community nowadays. They are more close to educators who digested the Qur'an and sunnah firmly.
                            islamway
                            اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

If the youth are not out of touch with the imams and duaat in the west. then why the rampant ignorance and widespread problems ?

because like abu rambo said so many people out there don't know what invalidates their prayer or the masses that are friday muslims
                              may be people aren't paying heed to what scholars have to say..scholars are doing their part but youth ain't interested..
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X