X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abu Jaffar
    started a topic Most people......

Most people......

".....most people perform worship as long as it is concerned with what they like, although the true worshiper is the one who worships Him by doing what is hard for the self to do, because it is what specifies the ranks of the servants and assigns their statures in the presence of Allah Almighty."

• hayatto
    replied
    Re: Most people......

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
    Where's this quote from?

And, I think "hard" in that quote means something that we normally wouldn't do because of laziness or something and then we overcome that just to worship Allah or waking up to pray tahajjud when you feel like sleeping. I don't think it means "hard" as making Islam harder for yourself, like voluntary fasting when it's 100 F.
    This makes sense...

Leave a comment:

• sis_on_sunnah
    replied

Originally posted by Muslimm View Post
    very true. i think sadaqa distuingishes people. does anyone know, is it true that sadaqa erases the anger of Allah swt?
    allahu aalum sister, maybe because when the women during the time of rasulullah (peace be upon him) were told that they would make up the majority of the inhabitants of the hell fire, they were advised to give in sadaqah

Leave a comment:

• Muslimm
    replied

Originally posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
    also, some people may perform nafl salaah and fast but not give charity because by giving charity they will calculate how much money they've lost etc so instead they will do all the deeds apart from charity, as they dont want to 'lose' money. so the true worshipper would be the one who despite loves his money, gives in charity for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala
    very true. i think sadaqa distuingishes people. does anyone know, is it true that sadaqa erases the anger of Allah swt?

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Where's this quote from?

And, I think "hard" in that quote means something that we normally wouldn't do because of laziness or something and then we overcome that just to worship Allah or waking up to pray tahajjud when you feel like sleeping. I don't think it means "hard" as making Islam harder for yourself, like voluntary fasting when it's 100 F.

Leave a comment:

• In The Skies
    replied

^ I think he meant ramadan.

Leave a comment:

• hayatto
    replied

Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
    Many people fast in winter because the weather is cool and the day is short, while less people fast in summer where the day is long and the weather is hot and humid.
    But I knew that it is better to chose the easy way. I remember reading that , even when we make wdhu, we can warm the water to the point of being easy for us to make wdhu (like in winter, so that we don't freeze). And there are some hadeeth supporting the "easy way", can you clarify please.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
    “Religion is easy, and no one overburdens himself in his religion but he will be unable to continue in that way. So do not be extremists, but try to be near perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded. Gain strength by worshipping in the mornings and afternoons and during the last hours of the night.”
    Narrated by al-Bukhaari (39) and Muslim (2816).

According to another report: “The best of your religion is that which is easiest, the best of your religion is that which is easiest.” Musnad Ahmad (3/479). It was classed as hasan by the commentators.

In another hadeeth it says: Make things easy (for people) and do not make things difficult, give glad tidings and do not put people off.”

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Allaah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you” [al-Baqarah 2:185].

Leave a comment:

• sis_on_sunnah
    replied

also, some people may perform nafl salaah and fast but not give charity because by giving charity they will calculate how much money they've lost etc so instead they will do all the deeds apart from charity, as they dont want to 'lose' money. so the true worshipper would be the one who despite loves his money, gives in charity for the sake of Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala

Leave a comment:

• Abu Jaffar
    replied

Many people fast in winter because the weather is cool and the day is short, while less people fast in summer where the day is long and the weather is hot and humid.

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied

cool quote. Can you explain it to me with examples.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X