Should Television, related threads be banned from the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Television, related threads be banned from the forum

The is an islamic one and i am arguing that the forum should ban movie threads and television shows that are not islamically related.

Like the apprentice thread or other threads where people discuss TV shows etc.

I don't know how someone can justify staring at the opposite gender for so long.

It's not educational, it's Islamic, it contains no benefit.
    Nothing indicates that it's permissable furthermore what is indicative is that these types shows are haram. inappropiate dress, profanity, so called entertainment.

i would appreciate what people think about banning such threads
    yes without doubt
    69.23%
    No what is wrong with them
    26.92%
    I can't seem to decide
    3.85%

Re: Should Television, related threads be banned from the forum

the way the people memorized their names , =/ ......

Comment

examples plz
      Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
      فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
        examples plz
        movies soaps television program that are neither educational not islamic , that may or may not contain haram concepts.
        I.E. freemixing shirk kufr zina etc.

this show the i was posting about the apprentice for example

Comment

100% agree as it encourages others to start watching it as well.

honestly speaking, there are many useless threads on the forum, we should realise that the time we have is our life, every hour every minute we spend doing nothing we are going to be held accountable for it, yet the majority of us spend it doing useless things, spend it endulging in hours of useless chitchat and stuff. this is a reminder to me first and foremost.
          Your 9/11 is how we live 24/7 ~ yours sincerely Palestine

My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by hamza89 View Post
            movies soaps television program that are neither educational not islamic , that may or may not contain haram concepts.
            I.E. freemixing shirk kufr zina etc.

this show the i was posting about the apprentice for example
            its just one thread bro. cud report it if u want. the threadstarter is a new hijjjabi and trying to be practicing so we shud remember that too (this however doesnt justify having movie threads etc..)
            Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
            فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

to be fair... if them kind of things go theres a lot more that still at the same time need to go.

my 5 year old son is gay... < set up by an MOD... do you think thats worth being here?
              ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah_Alisha View Post
                to be fair... if them kind of things go theres a lot more that still at the same time need to go.

my 5 year old son is gay... < set up by an MOD... do you think thats worth being here?
                :rotfl:

the thread title might have been wrong .. but the content was fine ...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post

thats not my point
                    my point is tv stuff isnt the only thing needing to be checked out..

even islamic channels, can hold the fitnah people are against 'looking at non mahrams' so if its not allowed on normal purposes shouldnt b allowed with islamic programmes too
                    ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Comment

thats not my point
                      my point is tv stuff isnt the only thing needing to be checked out..

even islamic channels, can hold the fitnah people are against 'looking at non mahrams' so if its not allowed on normal purposes shouldnt b allowed with islamic programmes too
                      well that is a point , a very controversial point to ber precise. But then in those channels , the people are dressed modest , its about the deen. And if some1 is really that weak that he looses it by jz looking at the opposite gender than let him listen to mp3 stuff only i suppose .... but hey i aint a sheikh

Comment

the thing is it will only start a war of what is allowed and whats not allowed and iwll cause loads of arguments with mods. half the things on the forum are a waste of time so thats no argument. leave people to do what they want, when it finally breaches forum rules then close it.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                          well that is a point , a very controversial point to ber precise. But then in those channels , the people are dressed modest , its about the deen. And if some1 is really that weak that he looses it by jz looking at the opposite gender than let him listen to mp3 stuff only i suppose .... but hey i aint a sheikh
                          yeah i would say that too hehe. and on programmes that are educational. your intention stands high before anything. But a lot of people dont see that. annoys me a little to be honest

Comment

The education section of this forum should be deleted. There are some women working in the industry.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix CG View Post
                              the thing is it will only start a war of what is allowed and whats not allowed and iwll cause loads of arguments with mods. half the things on the forum are a waste of time so thats no argument. leave people to do what they want, when it finally breaches forum rules then close it.
                              yeah thats my point. when one thing is banned people will argue that something equally as bad should be banned...

if people do haram you can advise a little, but still they will hold their own punishment.

Comment

Working...
                              X