X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• procrastination

salam.

how do you get over procrastinating?
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Re: procrastination

Subhan Allah, I m just in the middle of proofreading a material about it that hinders from acts of worship.
    islamway
    اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

1- Procrastination and Postponement in Hope:
      Satan comes to the Muslim from this direction to prevent them from doing good, to deprive them from the rewards of obeying Allah, and to cause them to commit the sin of refraining from obeying the Commands of Allah. Thus, the scholars warned the Muslims severely against procrastination and postponement in hope. Al-Hassan said: "Whoever postpones in hope, becomes neglectful in his acts, thus worsening." Shaddad Ibn Awas said: "I warn you against procrastination." Ibn Mubarak narrated: "We were informed that the majority of the inhabitants of Hellfire say: How much procrastination is awful!"

*Al-Harith Al-Muhasiby said: "Procrastination prevents a person from doing good deeds."
      *Ibn Al-Jawzy said: "Postponement in hope is a form of delusion; and there is no attribute worse than it. Except for it, you would not find any negligence. A person may indulge in sins and desires and delay repentance due to postponement in hope."

Ibn Rajab said: "The believer should embark on doing good deeds before being unable to do them due to illness or death. Also, they may be afflicted with anything with which no good deed is accepted."(Jami` Al-`Ulum wal Hikam)

I do not know if I postponed in hope
      I may get up and die at night
      Do not you know that in the morning of every day
      Your lifetime becomes shorter than the previous day

2- The False Hope:
      Some people cling to the Ayahs (Qur'anic verses) and Hadiths about Allah's (Glorified be He) Forgiveness and Mercy, and regard it as an excuse for abandoning the obligatory acts and doing the prohibited ones. They may claim that they do that out of their thinking positively about Allah. If you blame them for not performing Hajj, they will say that Allah is Oft-Forgiving and Most Merciful or that Allah considers only the hearts of the people. Then, they recite many Ayahs and Hadiths concerning hope and the Vast Mercy of Allah.

Undoubtedly, these are thoughts from Satan inciting the human being. Hoping and thinking positively of Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He) should be accompanied by exerting efforts and working hard, as Allah (Glorified be He) says:
      "قل إنما أنا بشر مثلكم يوحى إلي أنما إلهكم إله واحد فمن كان يرجو لقاء ربه فليعمل عملا صالحا ولا يشرك بعبادة ربه أحدا"] سورة الكهف:110[
      (Say (O Muhammad SAW): "I am only a man like you. It has been inspired to me that your Ilah (God) is One Ilah (God i.e. Allah). So whoever hopes for the Meeting with his Lord, let him work righteousness and associate none as a partner in the worship of his Lord.)" (Surat Al-Kahf:110)
      Transliteration: Qul innama ana basharunmithlukum yooha ilayya annama ilahukum ilahunwahidun faman kana yarjoo liqa’a rabbihifalya’mal ‘amalan salihan wala yushrikbi’ibadati rabbihi ahada
      [Al-Kahf: 110]
      *Yahia ibn Mu`adh said: As for me, the greatest form of delusion is persisting in committing sins hoping for forgiveness without repentance, expecting being closer to Allah (Glorified be He) without performing acts of obedience, waiting for the rewards of Paradise while planting the seeds of sins in Hellfire, seeking Paradise by committing sins, waiting for rewards without working, hoping for Allah's (Glorified be He) reward without abiding by Allah's Commands.

Hoping for Salvation without walking in its path
      A ship does not move on land.

3- Laziness
      There are two kinds of laziness:
      First: The mental laziness: Not letting the mind reflect on and contemplate at the greatness of everything created by Allah and His graces, or consider the matters that improve the stance of mankind in the life and the Hereafter.

Secondly: Physical laziness: It leads to slackening in performing the acts of obedience and the acts of worship in the way prescribed by Shari`ah. Moreover, it is one of the attributes of the hypocrites, as Allah (Glorified be He) says:
      إِنَّ الْمُنَافِقِينَ يُخَادِعُونَ اللّهَ وَهُوَ خَادِعُهُمْ وَإِذَا قَامُواْ إِلَى الصَّلاَةِ قَامُواْ كُسَالَى يُرَآؤُونَ النَّاسَ وَلاَ يَذْكُرُونَ اللّهَ إِلاَّ قَلِيلاً]سورة النساء: 142[
      (Verily, the hypocrites seek to deceive Allah, but it is He Who deceives them. And when they stand up for As-Salat (the prayer), they stand with laziness and to be seen of men, and they do not remember Allah but little.)"
      Transliteration: Inna almunafiqeena yukhadi’oonaAllaha wahuwa khadi’uhum wa-itha qamooila assalati qamoo kusalayuraoona annasa wala yathkuroonaAllaha illa qaleela. [Al-Nisa': 142]

Laziness leads to bad consequences, as it hiders the person from carrying out their ambitions, prevents them from performing their missions, and inhibits the beneficial deeds, fruitful thinking, and good endeavor.

Thus, it was said: "Beware of laziness," because if you become lazy, you will not do your duties.

Laziness married his daughter to frailty
      And he brought her a dowry when he proposed to her.
      A soft bed and told her lean
      Undoubtedly, they will give birth to poverty.
      islamway

Comment

no i dont have a problem with salat.

man its school.

i just procratinate it to the max.

i need to get my high school done to get married lol but im just like procrastinating.
        And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Man its not about Salat, apply it generally.
          islamway

Comment

You still in high school?
            I was picturing you 40 years old or something (I think I read it in a thread, somewhere).
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

no, im 21. said it before, and i will have to say it again eventually lol.

ya im 21, still finnishing high school. dropped out in my jahil days.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
                Man its not about Salat, apply it generally.
                true.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

It's that Uncle in your name.
                  Where I am from, we call old people "uncle."
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

ya i know now.

when i reverted to islam i knew a brother, and i used to go ever to his place to learn salat. and his son used to call me uncle. i chose my name as umar and he called me uncle umar. i was told it ment respect, not old lol. and the name had a ring to it.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Signing off the forum is usually a good way to stop this form of procrastination

Comment

assalamu alaykum,

think of it this way, you want to finish high school to get married... marriage is half the deen..

you find yourself procrastinating... therefore it is the shaytaan (bismillahirrahmaniraheem) who is making you procrastinate as he doesnt want you to succeed in finishing high school as he does not want you to complete half the deen!

so whenever you find yourself getting a lil lazy or leaving things until the last minute, curse the shaytaan, praise Allah 'azza wa jal and get on with it
                        http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

ya thats basicly the only way. to just go and do it.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                            You still in high school?
                            I was picturing you 40 years old or something (I think I read it in a thread, somewhere).
                            LOLZ I just had a conversation with him yesterday. I thought he was 40+ too! I'm older than him.

There is a dua in hisnul muslim to ward off laziness. I think it goes "la illaha illalahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu. lahulmulku wa lahulhamdu wahuwa 3ala kulli shayyin qadeer." but you need to focus to yourself to let it have effect.

Comment

I had this problem too when it comes to my college
                              hence my signature
                              I like to be very organised... but ive been lazy for a few days
                              so I have made a plan and intend to stick to it of all my subjects a bit each day by day
                              stick some nasheeds on the background and get down to work
                              or else trust me its going to pile up like it has right now
                              .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

Working...
                              X