Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Born to be fat

Originally posted by briteyyez View Post
    i won't for a moment disagree on some of the reasons for the obesity of the states and other locations...

what i will say... is that its not always the obvious. I was on meds for a while that caused horrible weight gain. My metabolism is way too slow but my thyroid numbers are good. i'm certainly not saying the other problems aren 't an issue .. i'm just saying don't judge everyone as being an overeating couch potato when they are over weight.
    serena

sis its understandable

even pregnancy can put a lot of weight on you,,
    ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
      WHAT on earth is that? i think you just killed the little appetite i have, ugh.
      Lol. Don't blame me, she ordered it.

Originally posted by SisMuslimah View Post
      I remember going shopping across the border to the US and the burger king just made me want to puke.. their burgers are HUGE! i couldn't even finish half of my burger at all... and the super super size coke... i couldnt even handle the small size of coke... Parent's have a responsibility to teach their children about the good foods and bad foods.. sadly many dont now.. they seem to busy for that now a days..
      Parents are too busy stuffing their face at McD's and Burger King.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
        i know all americans are not obese or whatever but my hubby was talking about his trip to america when he was a teen and he said no wonder a 'lot' of americans are fat, everything is larger than life, like, the food portions etc.

kids should really be encouraged to do activities like swimming, learning karate etc, the ummah needs fitter people not fat slobs. i don't think the sahaba sat all day stuffing their faces even after wealth began to come in, they were always active mashaAllah.
        Indeed people don't know the proper portions of food that much anymore and when they do realize how much it is, they freak. Even plates are huge to accommodate more food and sometimes cutlery is massive too. I know a lady who uses baby spoons and forks and tiny plates.

Here are some differences in sizes now

Also with children and activities, it was hard for my parents who both worked to bring us to activities, but they did their best alhamdullilah and got us to soccer games and ballet :) But slacked in the feed the children healthy bit.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLa View Post
          Indeed people don't know the proper portions of food that much anymore and when they do realize how much it is, they freak. Even plates are huge to accommodate more food and sometimes cutlery is massive too. I know a lady who uses baby spoons and forks and tiny plates.

Here are some differences in sizes now

Also with children and activities, it was hard for my parents who both worked to bring us to activities, but they did their best alhamdullilah and got us to soccer games and ballet :) But slacked in the feed the children healthy bit.
          wow
          ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah_Alisha View Post
            wow
            I know, eh. And I heart bagels :(

Comment

Originally posted by NoLa View Post
              I know, eh. And I heart bagels :(
              never tried one

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                Lol. Don't blame me, she ordered it.

Parents are too busy stuffing their face at McD's and Burger King.
                Lol good point.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X