Why am I studying!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why am I studying!?

go to www.doula.org.uk and im sure if you go to where them posh arabs live and stuff they would hire private midwifes, neway doulas dont work within nhs and dnt think they have uniform, and u never know where you will end up, so you may be in a muslim country later on.

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/286/women%20working

Comment

Originally posted by Madwife View Post
        the only way I can be a midwife, is if I go private, but as I said who is going to pay for maternity care when they can have it free? I certainly wouldn't! Would you?
        I would because atleast I know I would be in the hands of a muslimah who is aware of the stipulations of our deen even during pregnancies and childbirth.
        Mrs B

Comment

when i was in labour i had surah Maryam playing, and i was talking to another sis, she was like imagine doing that in hospital, they'll probly get mi5 to deliver your baby! :p

Comment

I'm seriously annoyed with myself for asking myself this question so late.

Shall I drop out now?
            hah .. im way ahead of u.

Comment

Has a huge discussion on this topic with two of my best friends yesterday. We argued for well over 3 hours. In the end, it was agreed upon that most of what we do, its not for us. Its for other ie. our parents. We decided not to dropout, but to pursue it to the end. Even if we dont make it to where we wana be in this dunya, the fact that we tried our best would be consalation enough. :)

Dont know if the above helps, just thought i'd share.
              GoNe...

Comment

being a midwife would benefit the ummah so much!!

we need more muslim females doing this...too many men its sickening!
                ‎"when she is a daughter, she opens a door of jannah for her father. when she is a wife, she completes half of the deen of her husband. when she is a mother, Jannah lies under her feet. If everyone knew the status of a muslim women in islam, even men would want to be women." Sheikh Akram Nadawi

Comment

Finish your degree. It'll be useful :insha:
                  Plus, you have to teach your children up until they're in middle school. Men rarely do that.
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

oke, i didn't know that, I thought you couldn't work with men regardless.

when you say hijaab, do you mean they wear a 'abaaya? or do you mean the scarf?
                    Headscarf
                    You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

i had a friend who after her first year in collage became very concern about the same thing you are concern about. There was a semester where everday she talked about dropping out of school. Her logic was "whats the use, if I can't practice it? why waste my time?"

She was very serious and we all found it hard to argue against her as well she had a point. The money used in univ education, the uncertain future, & doing it for islam (who could argue). The only reason she didn't drop out of school was due to her father who told her "u might hate me right now for not supporting your decision but later on you will appreciate it".

Soon after she got over that phase & alhamdulillah she went thru medical school and is doing her last clinical right now. she is going to be a certified doctor with in a year.

Comment

ive been thinking the same thing. im currently at college so im going to finish my a levels and then finish my education... uni fees are rising to 9 grand a year and i cant afford that so deffo wont b goin uni as also youll b in a huge debt which will now have interest ontop :(

ill just be a houswife lOl
                        and try to get a job at a masjid Insha'Allah
                        ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                          Finish your degree. It'll be useful :insha:
                          Plus, you have to teach your children up until they're in middle school. Men rarely do that.
                          a strong mother is good for the kids...its important...

but op sounds more annoyed at her religion than anything else...o.o

Comment

No, she's just confused, I think.
                            Just needs a little push to the right direction.
                            And, it's not totally haram to worth with men, as long as you mind your own bins. Plus, you don't have to work where they tell you to take off your hijab. Simple.
                            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

A wara' person would avoid mixing of gender at all cost. but if you are strong enough, it's not a problem to work when you know what your limits are as far as interaction with the opposite sex is concerned. But some people can be really evil, there are office bullies, a targeted person would be brought down by fake allegations like close proximity -a disgustingly hormonal large boy was used to come to a woman's office with the intention to accuse her of khalwah - close proximity, her office room and computer invaded by a snaky woman. Good thing if the office was bugged and there's CCTV recording their stupidity.

Comment

some jobs you find have men and women in a office together but each desk is indicidual and has its own kind of border by it so you cant really see the person unless you walk to or close past them.. my mum used to work somewhere like that and it was pretty good :)

she had to answer phones at times, to order things etc... but as far as it goes that was it
                                ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Comment

Working...
                                X