Why am I studying!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I studying!?

working with the opposite gender, is haraam.
    taking your hijaab off is haraam.

So why am I studying!?

Re: Why am I studying!?

personal development, interest, gain knowledge?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

cuz you are a very boring person who can't think of anything better to do, so you are just following the crowd

why don't you get a fitness certification and work at a all girls gym. that sounds fun

Comment

and exactly what is the benefit in knowledge that you wont be able to use?

Comment

like what? what knowledge wont you beable to use, that you are studying?

Comment

I'm seriously annoyed with myself for asking myself this question so late.

Shall I drop out now?

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
              like what? what knowledge wont you beable to use, that you are studying?
              i'm doing midwifery. it's not like i will work, because as you know it's haram to remove your hijab, and it's haram to work with men. what is the point

Comment

why would you have to remove your hijab? what country are you in? you could be a doula or a private midwife? midwife doesnt really intereact with men that much and it is a job that is needed, we need muslim women midwifes, in this capacity it wouldnt be haram to work with men.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwife View Post
                  i'm doing midwifery. it's not like i will work, because as you know it's haram to remove your hijab, and it's haram to work with men. what is the point
                  Midwifery is a very good subject as your skills will be valuable to muslim sisters.
                  Mrs B

Comment

and even if you dont work, the knowledge you lear will beinvaluable when you or those are around you are pregnant! it will be very useful to your friends and family, the midwife might be late (like mine was) and you would have the skills to step in, or advise your hubby what to do.

Comment

Humm i dont get get it , you're a midwife so technically you work with women? Even i who studies History don't ask myself these questions lol, seriously you're needed, you're not going to study forever inchallah you're going to work and avoid muslim women to get a "midhusband" to care for them
                      My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
                      Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

why would you have to remove your hijab? what country are you in? you could be a doula or a private midwife? midwife doesnt really intereact with men that much and it is a job that is needed, we need muslim women midwifes, in this capacity it wouldnt be haram to work with men.
                        because we have to wear a uniform, trousers and a top.

do you think anyone will actually want to pay for a midwife, when they can have free maternity care on the nhs?

i didn't know it wouldn't be haram to work with men in this case. thanks, but what about the uniform?

Originally posted by shazj View Post
                        Midwifery is a very good subject as your skills will be valuable to muslim sisters.
                        the only way I can be a midwife, is if I go private, but as I said who is going to pay for maternity care when they can have it free? I certainly wouldn't! Would you?

and even if you dont work, the knowledge you lear will beinvaluable when you or those are around you are pregnant! it will be very useful to your friends and family, the midwife might be late (like mine was) and you would have the skills to step in, or advise your hubby what to do.
                        yes, that's true. but i just feel dissapointed for not being able to practice like a real midwife

Comment

sis, there is a sister on this forum who is a doula, they get paid well, and are becoming more popular, i suggest you research that, also you could practice in a muslim country, and you could talk to the employees about uniform, you could wear the top ontop of your jilbaab or something

Comment

I've seen loads of Muslim nurses who wear a long sleeve top under their uniform and wear hijaab. Working alongside men - that you'll have to do regardless of which profession you go into and it's not "haram"
                            You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

sis, there is a sister on this forum who is a doula, they get paid well, and are becoming more popular, i suggest you research that, also you could practice in a muslim country, and you could talk to the employees about uniform, you could wear the top ontop of your jilbaab or something
                              jazzakallah, i will dig deeper in the doula role sis. do they work within the nhs? and are they restricted to wearing uniforms? sorry i might aswell ask you since you might know.

my family lives in the uk, so unless i happen to marry someone who lives in a muslim country, i would be living here.

Originally posted by Ebony View Post
                              I've seen loads of Muslim nurses who wear a long sleeve top under their uniform and wear hijaab. Working alongside men - that you'll have to do regardless of which profession you go into and it's not "haram"
                              oke, i didn't know that, I thought you couldn't work with men regardless.

when you say hijaab, do you mean they wear a 'abaaya? or do you mean the scarf?

Comment

Working...
                              X