is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this normal?

i'm not exactly 12, but im so worried that i have like a 50 year old mind. because u know how young ppl like going out, shopping earning money getting a nice life style nice career big money etc etc etc? well i dream about (pls dont laugh) me having grown up children and having to deal with their individual lives and problems. like the 20 year old is thinking of getting married, the 16 year old is starting his a-levels and doesn't know what subjects to chose, the 22 year old had her first baby and i'm teaching her the mothering skills and the 10 year old who is my little cuty cuty baby who doesnt like me kissing him in the street :inlove:. this is what i day dream about (fully conciously ignoring the fact that you have to get married, go through the trials of childbirth and raising children before i can do any of these which is a bit annoying since i just want to get to the fun bit :( )

is this normal? i feel like a grandma :S
    Last edited by weird; 26-10-10, 10:19 AM.

Re: is this normal?

day-dreamin is 'normal' but gettin carried away is not..
    sigpic

Comment

that's normal, our imaginations and day dreams change over time, and we don't all imagine the same things (:

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
      [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

awww...
        if youre a girl then yep youre defo normal people go through all sorts of phases
        ure still young and it will probably change
        even for boys for that matter, but i can never quite seem to understand their mindset
        Allah knows best
        .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

Originally posted by SimplyMuslim View Post
          awww...
          if youre a girl then yep youre defo normal
          hmm Im a girl and Ive never really thought along those lines.....

We should be thinking about more pertinent issues. Seriously sister, dont waste your time on dreaming about all that and deal with relaity. Time is of essence and we should be using it wisely.

Life NEVER occurs as we plan it, and there a million variables that could or could not happen

Look at the blessings around you and immerse yourself in them and be thankful for thm and make use of ALL your oppurtunities.

Insha'allah Allah will guide you to all that is good for you
          وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Daydreaming - this is normal.

Telling your daydreams to random strangers on t'internet - this is not.

"We ask Allaah for a lasting faith, true certainty, and beneficial knowledge"

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Farooq View Post
              Daydreaming - this is normal.

Telling your daydreams to random strangers on t'internet - this is not.
              excuse me i was only askin if it was normal. :(

Comment

no weird is weird....... yes its normal...

Comment

It's normal, but don't get too deep into it. If life doesn't play out like the video reel in your mind, it might get difficult to cope with afterwards.

Comment

You're fine. One month from today, you won't be thinking about this. I hope!
                    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Well I think its normal to daydream but you going into too much detail is a bit strange...

Comment

Originally posted by weird View Post
                        i'm not exactly 12, but im so worried that i have like a 50 year old mind. because u know how young ppl like going out, shopping earning money getting a nice life style nice career big money etc etc etc? well i dream about (pls dont laugh) me having grown up children and having to deal with their individual lives and problems. like the 20 year old is thinking of getting married, the 16 year old is starting his a-levels and doesn't know what subjects to chose, the 22 year old had her first baby and i'm teaching her the mothering skills and the 10 year old who is my little cuty cuty baby who doesnt like me kissing him in the street :inlove:. this is what i day dream about (fully conciously ignoring the fact that you have to get married, go through the trials of childbirth and raising children before i can do any of these which is a bit annoying since i just want to get to the fun bit :( )

is this normal? i feel like a grandma :S
                        It aint an all-nice world yo. Should think of other stuff lol if someone is 12ish
                        Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
                        فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by weird View Post
                          excuse me i was only askin if it was normal. :(
                          But what is normal, weird? And what is weird, weird?

What is truly weird, weird, is that weird is actually normal. If you, weird, normally act weird, then being weird is entirely normal, isnt it weird? Thus the state of being weird no longer is considered weird and is now considered normal. Weird, eh, weird?

If we consider you, weird, to engage in weirdness that can either be normal weird, or abnormally weird, then, my dear weird, we deconstruct weird even further into states of normal. Sounds weird, doesn't it, weird? If a single act is normally weird, then it looses the essence of being weird, so weird in this case, weird, would be entirely normal. However, if a single act is abnormally weird, then can this be truly considered weird either, weird? If the normal state of weird is 'weird', then an abnormal state of weird would be 'normal'. Thus to be weird, weird, whether normally weird or abnormally weird is anything but weird and, in fact, entirely normal.

That is what is truly weird, weird.

"We ask Allaah for a lasting faith, true certainty, and beneficial knowledge"

Comment

What is truly weird, weird, is that weird is actually normal. If you, weird, normally act weird, then being weird is entirely normal, isnt it weird? Thus the state of being weird no longer is considered weird and is now considered normal. Weird, eh, weird?

If we consider you, weird, to engage in weirdness that can either be normal weird, or abnormally weird, then, my dear weird, we deconstruct weird even further into states of normal. Sounds weird, doesn't it, weird? If a single act is normally weird, then it looses the essence of being weird, so weird in this case, weird, would be entirely normal. However, if a single act is abnormally weird, then can this be truly considered weird either, weird? If the normal state of weird is 'weird', then an abnormal state of weird would be 'normal'. Thus to be weird, weird, whether normally weird or abnormally weird is anything but weird and, in fact, entirely normal.

wierd.
                            .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

Oh shut up. You must have a lot of time on your hands to write all that.

Comment

Working...
                              X