X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worst way to die?

this thread reminds me of the movie "zombieland"
    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

the worst way to die is as a kaafir or mushrik. Allah will forgive any sin He wills, except shirk. dying while committing major sins like zina... theres a chance you'll be forgiven but die worshipping pagan gods, or committing lesser shirk like making a show of praying to impress your friends, forget it.
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
      [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Going to sleep, and waking up dead...

Now beat that.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
          Going to sleep, and waking up dead...

Now beat that.
          How can you wake up dead?
          Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfn View Post
            how can you wake up dead?
            ;)
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
              What do you think the worst way to die is? I know many of you will say "Not knowing Allah (SWT) at time of death", which is okay, but not the answer to make this thread interesting.

To start it off, my vote would be either burning to death or drowning. Burning to death will most certainly hurt alot, but I'm sure after all the skin is burned off you wouldn't feel much after that. I hear drowning is one of the worst ways to go because you are suffocating. You're trying to breathe air, but you are breathing in water which fills your lungs, making your chest feel like it's on fire while you slowly suffocate. I hear drowning takes about 10 minutes to kill you, which would be awful.

What about you? what do you think?
              Your state of Imaan defines How Good or Bad your Death is ...

The Worst way to Die is as a Non-Muslim Kuffar/Mushrik/Munafiq ...

these people will be in the lowest depths of Jahannam, punished severely.

:jkk:
              http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Also crucifixtion would be painful especially being left in the desert sun.

Comment

Originally posted by RazielTemp View Post
                  Your state of Imaan defines How Good or Bad your Death is ...

The Worst way to Die is as a Non-Muslim Kuffar/Mushrik/Munafiq ...

these people will be in the lowest depths of Jahannam, punished severely.

That wasn't a satisfactory answer
                  Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post
                    Death is worrisome because we have sins and unsure what sins we will die with. InshAllah we should continually repent and purify ourselves through salat, zakaat, saum and all good deeds to erase sins. Allah says in hadith qudsi His Mercy prevails over His Anger.

A level of imaan we should all strive for is fearing no one and nothing except Allah. Not even death. We know that we will meet our Lord one day, so let us try and be eager for that meeting.

On the authority of Thawbaan , the Prophet said:

Two reasons why we would dislike death. 1) we love this world and its beauty too much 2) we think we're going to go to hell because our deeds are not enough.

This world is worth not even the wing of a mosquito. The real life is in Paradise and we should approach the thoughts of death with this. Death is just a step closer to where we want to be.

I put my signature as such to remind myself of this reality.

InshAllah ikhwaan, let's fear Allah alone. I just got a imaan rush lolz! maybe it's because it is Friday. I saw lecture of Umar(ra) after conquering Jerusalem, he said "I did very little for Islam" and he went and hid behind a tree and began to cry.

So let's work to please our Lord. Let us try and get rid of the love of this world and the dislike of death.

I cant remember where exactly this quote is from but some emperor was preparing to fight against the Muslims and he said "How can you defeat a people who love death more than they love life?" It was something like that. I read it so long ago and I cant find the source. Can someone find this for me please?

"Verily my salaat, my sacrifice, my life and my death are all for Allah, the Lord of the worlds" [Qur'an]

Neways, what I say is a message to myself first because the ears that are the closest to my mouth are my own.
                    subhunAllah! jazakAllah khyran for your answer ahki, got an iman rush too.

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
                    [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

That wasn't a satisfactory answer
                      I don't think you understood me, I wasn't trying to "satisfy" your curiosity. I merely stated a Fact.

The Worst Deaths will fall upon the Kuffar/Mushriks/Munafiqs ...

If you recall correctly, even the Nabiyeen (The cream of Mankind, peace be Upon them) were Killed, some of the Best people, ie. the Wife of Pharoah Asiya(ra) was killed in a Horrendous way, but she will be among the Best of people in Jannah ... :sub:

we should be more concerned with they Punishment of the Grave/Day of Judgement, than wondering about "what is the worst way to die?" ...

Death will merely be a Beginning of Pain and Misery in the Grave or contentment in the Grave, by the Mercy of Allah Ta'ala ...

Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 30-10-10, 07:47 AM.
                      http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

^ subhunAllah. Also with the "not satisfactory answer" ... you could die in the worst way by drowning, getting burned alive, being beaten to death, whatever you suppose is the worst way, but if that happened to any of our brothers and sisters in Islam (insha'Allah Allah SWT keep us safe), If they were believers, if they followed the prophets (SAW) teachings, stuck with the Qur'an and Sunnah, prayed their prayers with right intentions, and did everything they could to follow Islam, then definetly after their tragic way of dying, Insha'Allah they will enter jannah, where they will feel no pain, and definetly Jannah is better than this dunya.
                        But if you were a non - believer, dying in the least amount of pain, by either dying in your sleep or any other way where you feel no pain ... in the hereafter, surely would they feel an everlasting pain in the hellfire, and that is definetly the worst way to die! I am getting so teary now ! May Allah SWT guide the non believers to the truth and save the ummah from the hellfire , AMEEN!

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
                        [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

Well said. Ameen.

Comment

What do you think the worst way to die is? I know many of you will say "Not knowing Allah (SWT) at time of death", which is okay, but not the answer to make this thread interesting.
                            Hello, I agree that not knowing God is the worst way to die, second to dying in a state of sin. :(

To start it off, my vote would be either burning to death or drowning.
                            I agree that burning would be a very painful way to die, but disagree concerning drowning.

Burning to death will most certainly hurt alot, but I'm sure after all the skin is burned off you wouldn't feel much after that.
                            Shudder!!!

I hear drowning is one of the worst ways to go because you are suffocating.
                            Really? I think the pain of drowning is mostly in the mind, struggling with the body's natural instinct to breathe air and wanting air when you're not getting it... it's a major panic attack. I've almost drowned quite a few times (I love water and swim a lot when I can)

You're trying to breathe air, but you are breathing in water which fills your lungs, making your chest feel like it's on fire while you slowly suffocate. I hear drowning takes about 10 minutes to kill you, which would be awful.

What about you? what do you think?

I think some people might blank out beforehand and not feel that much, but I don't know. It also depends on the person, their lung capacity, and so forth how long it would take, I'd think. If it is like this, then that's so sad. I have a friend whose little girl climbed into a swimming pool, couldn't get out, and drowned while her Mom was taking a nap. :( :( :(

It's so important for kids (and adults) to know how to swim and for parents to make sure kids are safe around water, cause it is so sad when people drown. :(

Concerning me, I always thought drowning would be my ideal way to die (If I have the choice) just because I love the water, feel comfortable in it, and have already had some close enounters with drowning. I also love how looking in the water and it feels like home to me. Burning would be my least perferred way to die. I get sunburned really easily and it's incredibly painful and scary = burning :(

I think there are other ways that are more painful to die, but I'd rather not think about it.

If it were a case though between me dying for Jesus or not being burned, I'd choose being burned for Jesus, I most definitely hope!

Peace and God bless you
                            Last edited by Christianlady; 30-10-10, 10:00 PM.

Comment

I hear freezing to death isn't too bad. Basically, you slowly fall asleep and never wake up.

Comment

I hear freezing to death isn't too bad. Basically, you slowly fall asleep and never wake up.
                                Did you hear that from the victim after they defrosted him?

Comment

Working...
                                X