Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paradise is not really Appealing to me = /.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paradise is not really Appealing to me = /.

You wont be seeing Allah down there in the pits of Naar, thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post
      Don't make me spiritbomb you brother...I'd hate to do it. It'll take a few million DBZ episodes to get it charged up...but I will do it.
      No, I don't know what's that...I don't play kiddy games. :p
      But, hey, I know carpet bomb.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Mr OP,

I ask you a sincere question...have you truly read about Jannah...the different aspects to jannah...how the ahadeeth describe Jannah...how jannah is described in the Qur'an...?...I mean properly and not just a bland description which is similar to what the christians describe as 'paradise' - ''oh it is a happy pleace, it is a peaceful place'' ...

I urge you to read about Jannah....learn about the trees in Jannah, the fruits in Jannah, the lofty mansions in Jannah, the hur al 'ayn, the buraq, the luxurious description of the furniture, the servants, learn about the wind in paradise, the distance ones territory is in Jannah, meeting with other pious servants of Allaah..., THE MEETING WITH ALLAAH amongst other things i failed to mention.....

BarakAllaahu feekum
        Mutarrif B. 'Abdillah: ''Oh Allaah, I seek forgiveness in you from that which I have repented and then returned back to, and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I rendered to you and then did not fulfil and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I alleged was for seeking your face but, my heart mixed with that which you know of me'' (حلية الأولياء)

Comment

Brother the face of Allah.....it's too much for our little minds to even try to imagine, jannah has delights which our imaginations could never dream up.

if you get there, inshallah, i think you'll be very happy and entertained.

Comment

Sahih Bukhari 4:51, Narrated Abu Huraira:
            The Prophet :saw: said, "A place in Paradise as small as the bow or lash of one of you is better than all the world and whatever is in it"

=====================

When Allah created the heaven and the hell, He asked Jibraeel (as) to go and take a look at what He has prepared for believers in the Heaven. Jibraeel went and had a look at what was there in the Heaven, and then he came back and expressed himself thus: By your dignity! Whoever will hear of this Heaven will certainly strive for it. Then it was said that the road to the heaven is littered with hardships, and Jibraeel was asked to take another look at the Heaven. He came back and said, "By your dignity I am afraid that nobody will be able to enter it. (Tirmidhee)

This means that the heaven is such a magnificent place that whoever knew of it would certainly strive for it, but when Allah ordained that the Heaven lies in facing trials and tribulations, Gibraeel (AS) thought that nobody might be able to enter it.

To put it short, you will not be disappointed.

SubhanAllah.. The mind can't even think of the feelings when sitting with the the Prophets, the Companions, and finally seeing Allah
            SPREAD OF EVIL
            ZIONISM
            BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Achieving Jannah means you have earned the pleasure and Mercy of Allah 'azza wa jal. If you wish to see Allah everyday then you need to achieve Firdows, which should be enough for you to restrain your desires.

Comment

Originally posted by AFGMAN View Post
                Hello Their and Salams!

Well, I am a Muslim brother and I know Allah is the unseen one and Islam is the truth, but the idea of paradise seems kind of bland to me. All I really want to go after I die is meet my creator, I have really no interest in my big house in Paradise or some fancy cars. I really can't seem myself striving for these things in Paradise.

Please Help me I feel like it is conflicting with my deen. How am I suppose to restrain my desires if I have no interest in the next life.
                wsalam
                In Jannah there are things, an eye has never seen, an ear has never heard, and a mind cant even imagine!
                Listen to the 25 Promises of Allah to the believer by sh anwar and a walk in paradise by the same sheikh

whatever your desires are in this life, you will fulfill them in the hereafter, if you find it hard to strive for Jannah, then atleast strive to save yourself from jahannam
                Get to know Allah in moments of ease, and Allah will know you in moments of difficulty
                In Jannah there are things an eye has never seen, an ear has never heard and a mind can't even imagine
                We ask Allah to make us of those who will reach to Jannah

Comment

I was watching an Islamic program on TV and I heard a story (something similar to this) that Allah told Jibraeel (AS) to go and travel to Jannah. So he, Jibraael (AS) traveled for 70,000 years (and you know how fast Jibraeel (AS) is ) and then got tired and stopped, Allah told him to travel again, so he did for another 70,000 years and once again became tired and stopped. Allah told jibraeel (AS) to travel again and he did. After another 70,000 years of travel, he saw a hoor (women of paradise). The hoor told Jibraeel that what he had travelled is only a small part of Abu Bakr's (RA) portion of Jannah. Subhan'Allah!
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

YOU KNOW I am some what like you. I of course don't know much about Janna but never found the reward and what I will get to be a source of motivation or inspiration. But that is probably because when it comes to reward i am very present based person. Even in school or work: getting good grade or getting promotion never inspired me to study or work hard. The way I have done everything in life, including my deen is

I do what I am suppose to do (i.e do the right thing) just because i am suppose to. and Allah will take care of the reward when the time comes. Not much for me to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
                      YOU KNOW I am some what like you. I of course don't know much about Janna but never found the reward and what I will get to be a source of motivation or inspiration. But that is probably because when it comes to reward i am very present based person. Even in school or work: getting good grade or getting promotion never inspired me to study or work hard. The way I have done everything in life, including my deen is

I do what I am suppose to do (i.e do the right thing) just because i am suppose to. and Allah will take care of the reward when the time comes. Not much for me to think about.
                      That's because, for you, the blessings are enough. This is what pushes you and others like you to do good deeds. Like jogging. A person doesn't jog because it will get them some reward that comes after looking slim. Usually they do it because it's the healthy thing to do.

Still, we should realize that desiring Allah's reward or fearing His punishment is devotion to Allah from 2 perspectives.

In itself, as in desiring the reward and wishing for it is worship, even if you don't do physical actions to attain it. This is an action of the heart. Then if this leads to physical action then again it's still worship because you give the 100 dollar sadaqah hoping that Allah gives you more because you know Allah's bounty is infinite.

So perhaps it's better to combine the two feelings together but not limit one's actions to only when one "feels" the reward.

Comment

If all you desire in Paradise is to be with your Creator and nothing else, then there is nothing wrong with that. You dont need to be craving anything else if there is nothing else you want.
                        You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

On the authority of Abu Sa’id al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

“Allah will say to the inhabitant of Paradise: ‘O inhabitants of Paradise!’ They will say: ‘O our Lord, we present ourselves and are at Your pleasure, and goodness rests in Your hands.’ Then He will say: ‘Are you contented?’ And they will say: ‘And how should we not be contented, O Lord, when You have given to us that which You have given to no one else of Your creation?’ Then He will say: ‘Would you not like Me to give you something better than that?’ And they will say: ‘O Lord and what thing is better than that?’

And He will say: ‘I shall cause My favour to descend upon you and thereafter shall never be displeased with you.’”

It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Muslim and at-Tirmidhi).
                          وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Hello Their and Salams!

Well, I am a Muslim brother and I know Allah is the unseen one and Islam is the truth, but the idea of paradise seems kind of bland to me. All I really want to go after I die is meet my creator, I have really no interest in my big house in Paradise or some fancy cars. I really can't seem myself striving for these things in Paradise.

Please Help me I feel like it is conflicting with my deen. How am I suppose to restrain my desires if I have no interest in the next life.
                            There are many things for everyone in Paradise, its like having whatever you want - it doesnt have to be big houses or fancy cars.

But what makes you live your life for the next? Is this love of meeting Allaah so strong that it makes you strive hard in this deen?
                            "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

Comment

Paradise is not really Appealing to me...
                              If you dont find Jannah appealing its because nobody has described the Hour al Ayn to you properly ;):up:

Anything else is a bonus :insha:
                              "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)

The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

Comment

Working...
                              X