• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beef Jerky

too much sodium.

Comment

man if there was halal beef jerkey here i would buy it in bulk.

yeah its not the healthiest ut man its packed with protien.
      And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

I'm really grateful for the feedback so far - much appreciated guys. Just a few questions:

To wannest: What is ikan masin? Have you had this before? What country does it come from in terms of cultural cuisine etc...

To Uncle Umar: It certainly is packed with protein but does the health issue suggest it may be high in cholesterol? Would you know whether methods of cooking certain meats or preparing them (in terms of marinate, storage, etc) would alter their nutritional values?

Much appreciated and keep the feedback coming JZK!

P.S. Forecasted pries for packets of Beef Jery are £2.00 - Would you pay £2.00 (roughly $4 or 3 Euros) for a 50g pack of Beef Jerky? Which may contain around three or four 5/6cm strips of edible meat?

Comment

Originally posted by muhammed_1428 View Post
          I'm really grateful for the feedback so far - much appreciated guys. Just a few questions:

To wannest: What is ikan masin? Have you had this before? What country does it come from in terms of cultural cuisine etc...

To Uncle Umar: It certainly is packed with protein but does the health issue suggest it may be high in cholesterol? Would you know whether methods of cooking certain meats or preparing them (in terms of marinate, storage, etc) would alter their nutritional values?

P.S. Forecasted pries for packets of Beef Jery are £2.00 - Would you pay £2.00 (roughly $4 or 3 Euros) for a 50g pack of Beef Jerky? Which may contain around three or four 5/6cm strips of edible meat?

Meat is eaten mostly for protean and preserving it in the form of jerky does not affect that. However, any other vitimans and minerals are affected and reduced in any type of preservation.

As for cooking vegetables and such, they should be cooked in little water as possible and as fast as possible and on the crispy side to preserve all the vitamins. Like a stir fry. Chinese got that right.
          Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

assalaamu alaykum,

hmc spiced beef jerky is available from mr burger in leicester!
            Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

Comment

http://www.insanejerky.com/
              "The Jew cries out as he strikes you."

Remove matzo

Comment

I'll be looking into the feedback thus far many thanks

Comment

If you could state the protein content that would help, because I would compare the price to my other protein supplements and if its tasty, i would buy it.

Comment

beef jerky is so wonderful ... and often times around these parts deer jerky is done as well... i love the stuff it does have a lot of salt.... i like the teryaki (sp) .. and i dont' know if what i've eaten before is halal or not... i'd love to find some that is... its one of those things that isnt too high in calories, but that is good especially if you need/want something just to chew on. but it is good for protein....
                    Salaam
                    Serena

Comment

chinese beef jerky

Comment

chinese beef jerky in Malaysia and Singapore

Comment

Originally posted by muhammed_1428 View Post

im not a nutrisionist(sp?) so i cant tell you on the nutritional values. logic is telling me that alot of things in the meat will be cone by the cooking process but i litterally have 0% knowledge on this one so dont take my word for it.

there are many ways to make it home-made though. take beef, cook it shlowly and like put on some salt or spices. you cook it on a low temperature. if you have like a smoke oven, thats even better cause that really flavours the meat. salt is ued by companies to add flavout and as a preservative because beef jerkey dose eventually go bad without salt.

actually that what the native americans did here. they would kill a deer, and make some jerkey out of it if they are traveling simply by roasting it over a fire for 4, 8 or 12 hours. the more you roast it the harder it becomes, but also the longer it will last. i learnt this in survival training btw.
                          And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

My mouths watering! I absolutely LOVE biltong and droewors (south african dried meats).
                            <--- I look like that and when I'm not :zzz:, I'm usually like like:banbear:and like:rotfl:but sometimes I'm like as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X