Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acai berry tea

salam.

Is it true that you can lose weight by drinking acai berry tea.I've heard from alot of people that u can lose weight with it.
    [COLOR=purple]Never forget that turning a blind eye to oppression and watching from the side lines is itself[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=purple]oppression[/COLOR]

Re: acai berry tea

you lose weight by burning off more calories than you take in. there are lots of things that are supposed to help, the things that actually help are eating nutritious healthy meals, not eating too much and doing exercise. herbal things, if they work at all, either suppress the appetite or interfere with the absorption of food in the gut so you take in fewer calories. but it all comes down to calories in versus calories out. Also, you need to ensure that you are losing fat, not muscle, most diets make you lose both, and loss of muscle slows your metabolism making it harder to keep the weight off long term, and is best avoided.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

:salams,

Try exercising more if you want to lose weight,I don't know if acai berry tea does work.

Comment

Originally posted by sadaf29 View Post
        salam.

Is it true that you can lose weight by drinking acai berry tea.I've heard from alot of people that u can lose weight with it.
        No (well, not really ... sort of).

It's the same principle as the "cranberry juice" diet that was all the fad a few years ago. If you drink lots of your juice of choice, you fill up your stomach and feel less hungry. Of course you're also running to the toilet every 5 minutes.

The basic premise behind weight loss is simple - expend more calories through work (walking, exercise, running for the bus) than you consume through food. Keep a note of the calories that you consume; the recommended daily totals are (I think) 2,000 for women and 2,500 for men. Naturally those totals should be lower for children and higher for those in energetic work (construction, postmen etc.).

There is no simple "quick trick" to losing weight. Just keep a healthy balance in your food, nothing to excess, and exercise lots.

Comment

the calorie totals above are just averages, it depends on how tall/short, heavy/light or muscular you are. More muscle = faster metabolism = higher basal metabolic rate (bmr), but at an even more basic level, more cells = faster metabolism (even fat cells take energy to keep them alive, just not very much, muscle cells require 6x the amount at rest). on top of that you have to factor in exercise/activity levels. Some women will get fat on 2000 calories a day, others will be in starvation mode on 2000 calories a day.

Also drinking cranberry or any other fruit juice will not cause fat loss because of the high amount of natural sugar in fruit, generally speaking drinking lots of fruit juice while trying to lose fat is a bad idea, because your natural appetite regulation systems don't register the calories that you drink. It's better to avoid drinking calories and to eat whole fruit instead of fruit juice when trying to lose fat. Whole fruit is more filling/satisfying than juice and your body registers the calories in it so you're less likely to overeat. in fact one study showed that starting each meal with a piece of whole fruit prevented overeating during the meal and therefore helped a lot with fat loss.
          [CENTER]
          [/CENTER]
          [CENTER]
          [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
          [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I think it increases metabolism, so it breaks the food you eat faster making you go to the loo more often also makes you hungry more so you have to strike a balance of eating healthy food and veg. My bro tried it once but he went to the gym as well so yeah he did lose some weight.
            Please join my facebook page:

> > > The Islamic Digest < < <

Comment

Working...
            X