X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loonietoonie
    replied
    Re: No time to pray at work

I think since the owner is Muslim, he should be given a polite invitation to let the brothers pray and the sister to do hijaab, if he insists on disobeying Allah then let him have it.

Leave a comment:

• Excuse_me
    replied

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
    Well, my boss doesn't allow the only female Muslim worker to wear a hijab.
    Wow I am really sad to hear this. If she really cares about her deen she should fight this no matter what. There are muslim organizations that will help you take this to court. You just have to be strong enough to not compromise your religion for just a job. If you put your trust in Allah he surely will make things easier for you.

There is a sister here who was told that she couldnt wear her hijab while working at disneyland(revert). So now she is getting help from Muslim Organizations to help fight this problem. Disneyland had the same statement from their headcorps that it would drive customers away or scare childrens. If Muslim attorneys can try to fight Disneyland imagine what they could do to the small Subway corp. Dont let others walk all over you bro. You shouldnt be a second class citizen.

I agree with Aisha and ask if you could please provide the location of this Subway.
    Last edited by Excuse_me; 22-10-10, 07:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aisha-2002
    replied

as a solicitor i would very much like to know the location of this subway....they are infringing upon her human rights

Leave a comment:

• -MA-
    replied

If my boss didn't allow a sister to wear a hijab, I would kick up a heck of fuss to the point where I would rather be unemployed.

Leave a comment:

• AbuMubarak
    replied

i thought you said the boss was muslim

what a sad state of affairs of the muslim today, and we wonder why the muslim ummah is in such a humiliated state

and its exactly scenarios like this that display whats wrong with this ummah

you have a muslim boss who is beholden to the kuffar
    and he has muslims who are beholden to him

where is the trust in Allah and the wanting for the blessings of Allah? are we no different than the kuffar who abandon their religion for some worldly gain, and lose in both this world and the akhira?

there are many stories within islam about muslims who abandoned the temporal mindset of the kuffar and instead trusted in Allah and Allah pulled them thru

we say we are muslim, we say we believe in Allah, but it is only lip service

if you believe in Allah, and you trust in Allah, then DO IT

Allah gives your boss sustenance, Allah gives SUBWAY management sustenance, why are you people NOT believing and trusting in Allah?

every minute that sister works without hijab because her boss says so is a decrease in her blessings, and you MEN who stand around NOT standing up for Islam and her rights are committing major sins

stand up, believe in Allah, obey Allah

there is no obedience in any of the creation, whether your boss, your mother, your husband, NO ONE when it comes to disobedience to Allah

Leave a comment:

• zammy
    replied

The management agrees with my boss in that it would drive away customers.
    :scratch: ..wow. You're all getting stepped all over. Backbones are required here. Fight for your rights..or else nobody will give it to you.

Leave a comment:

• Wolfn
    replied

Originally posted by urban rose View Post
    if its a Subway, then can this sister not take it further to the Subway management instead of the boss of the store? surely they have more authority than him?
    The management agrees with my boss in that it would drive away customers.

Leave a comment:

• Yanal
    replied

:salams,

Do you have more than two co workers working with you most of the time?Perhaps you guys can take turns praying...

Leave a comment:

• Rose02
    replied

if its a Subway, then can this sister not take it further to the Subway management instead of the boss of the store? surely they have more authority than him?

Leave a comment:

• Wolfn
    replied

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
    screw your boss. Allah is boss.

if he dont like it, he can fire you, and then inshallah you can get a better job.

This is technically the best job I can ask for. It's owned by Muslims and large members of workplace are Muslims. We are allowed to pray. Friday night was the only night I wasn't able to pray because it was too busy. We are allowed moderately sized beards and we get free food.

When I worked at a grocery store when I converted to Islam, I wasn't allowed to grow any facial hair. I was the only Muslim at the store so everyone viewed me as a freak. And me trying to pray probably is the reason why they won't rehire me.

I'm very lucky to get my current job considering how bad the economy is

Leave a comment:

• Wolfn
    replied

Originally posted by Bint-Al-Islam View Post
    is owned by Muslims, run by Muslims yet they didnt give you time to pray? :S
    why dont you just talk to them about it? how they can rotate the staff, few of you pray at the back, whilst the others work and then swap.

Leave a comment:

• Bint-Al-Islam
    replied

is owned by Muslims, run by Muslims yet they didnt give you time to pray? :S
    why dont you just talk to them about it? how they can rotate the staff, few of you pray at the back, whilst the others work and then swap.

Leave a comment:

• uncle umar
    replied

My boss wouldn't like that
    screw your boss. Allah is boss.

if he dont like it, he can fire you, and then inshallah you can get a better job.

Leave a comment:

• loonietoonie
    replied

Originally posted by cuezed View Post
    I don't pray at work due to dirty clothes. Don't know if it's a valid excuse.
    You should ask an Imam on this. Not praying at the fixed time is a major sin. It is a first thing we will be asked about on the day of judgment.

If you work in the sewage or some other sanitary maintenance position, keep a sport bag with fresh clothes somewhere, so you can pray.

Leave a comment:

• SILURES
    replied

Originally posted by cuezed View Post
    I don't pray at work due to dirty clothes. Don't know if it's a valid excuse.

would you still get at least some reward even if you pray in dirty clothes? i know about how muslims clean them selves before prayer but i would have though prayer was better than no prayer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X