X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No time to pray at work

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
    My boss wouldn't like that
    inshAllah if you explained to him in a better way, he'll realize Allah's command is more important than his business, his job, his life and that Allah is the one who makes his business prosper and fail.

In the Qur'an it says that the true believers say "Innassalaati, wa nusuki, wa mahyaaya, wa mamaati, lilaahirRabbil alameen". "Verily my prayer, my sacrifice, my life and my death are all for Allah, Lord of the Worlds".

I don't remember the reference, but you can google it. I'm at work right now.

This is a test Allah has made for you bro to see if you go with Allah's command or your bosses. Indeeed Allah is our Protector. May Allah strengthen you.

Comment

I don't pray at work due to dirty clothes. Don't know if it's a valid excuse.
      There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

Originally posted by cuezed View Post

would you still get at least some reward even if you pray in dirty clothes? i know about how muslims clean them selves before prayer but i would have though prayer was better than no prayer.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by cuezed View Post
          You should ask an Imam on this. Not praying at the fixed time is a major sin. It is a first thing we will be asked about on the day of judgment.

If you work in the sewage or some other sanitary maintenance position, keep a sport bag with fresh clothes somewhere, so you can pray.

Comment

My boss wouldn't like that
            screw your boss. Allah is boss.

if he dont like it, he can fire you, and then inshallah you can get a better job.
            And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

is owned by Muslims, run by Muslims yet they didnt give you time to pray? :S
              why dont you just talk to them about it? how they can rotate the staff, few of you pray at the back, whilst the others work and then swap.
              ďThis day I have perfected your religion for you,completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.Ē [5:3]"I have created the jinns and the humans solely to worship Me."[51:56]"a woman's heart should be lost in God, that a man needs to see him in order to find her"

Comment

Originally posted by Bint-Al-Islam View Post
                is owned by Muslims, run by Muslims yet they didnt give you time to pray? :S
                why dont you just talk to them about it? how they can rotate the staff, few of you pray at the back, whilst the others work and then swap.
                Well, my boss doesn't allow the only female Muslim worker to wear a hijab.
                Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                  screw your boss. Allah is boss.

if he dont like it, he can fire you, and then inshallah you can get a better job.

This is technically the best job I can ask for. It's owned by Muslims and large members of workplace are Muslims. We are allowed to pray. Friday night was the only night I wasn't able to pray because it was too busy. We are allowed moderately sized beards and we get free food.

When I worked at a grocery store when I converted to Islam, I wasn't allowed to grow any facial hair. I was the only Muslim at the store so everyone viewed me as a freak. And me trying to pray probably is the reason why they won't rehire me.

I'm very lucky to get my current job considering how bad the economy is
                  Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

if its a Subway, then can this sister not take it further to the Subway management instead of the boss of the store? surely they have more authority than him?

Comment

:salams,

Do you have more than two co workers working with you most of the time?Perhaps you guys can take turns praying...

Comment

Originally posted by urban rose View Post
                        if its a Subway, then can this sister not take it further to the Subway management instead of the boss of the store? surely they have more authority than him?
                        The management agrees with my boss in that it would drive away customers.

Comment

The management agrees with my boss in that it would drive away customers.
                          :scratch: ..wow. You're all getting stepped all over. Backbones are required here. Fight for your rights..or else nobody will give it to you.
                          May we reach daruSalaam by His, and only His Decree
                          I would die for the cause if I knew only to what degree
                          My Blog

Comment

i thought you said the boss was muslim

what a sad state of affairs of the muslim today, and we wonder why the muslim ummah is in such a humiliated state

and its exactly scenarios like this that display whats wrong with this ummah

you have a muslim boss who is beholden to the kuffar
                            and he has muslims who are beholden to him

where is the trust in Allah and the wanting for the blessings of Allah? are we no different than the kuffar who abandon their religion for some worldly gain, and lose in both this world and the akhira?

there are many stories within islam about muslims who abandoned the temporal mindset of the kuffar and instead trusted in Allah and Allah pulled them thru

we say we are muslim, we say we believe in Allah, but it is only lip service

if you believe in Allah, and you trust in Allah, then DO IT

Allah gives your boss sustenance, Allah gives SUBWAY management sustenance, why are you people NOT believing and trusting in Allah?

every minute that sister works without hijab because her boss says so is a decrease in her blessings, and you MEN who stand around NOT standing up for Islam and her rights are committing major sins

stand up, believe in Allah, obey Allah

there is no obedience in any of the creation, whether your boss, your mother, your husband, NO ONE when it comes to disobedience to Allah
                            .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                            نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

If my boss didn't allow a sister to wear a hijab, I would kick up a heck of fuss to the point where I would rather be unemployed.
                              SPREAD OF EVIL
                              ZIONISM
                              BOLLYWOOD

Comment

as a solicitor i would very much like to know the location of this subway....they are infringing upon her human rights

Comment

Working...
                                X