No time to pray at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No time to pray at work

Bro, isn't there any laws that require you to have a break? They can't expect you to work 9 hours with no breaks!

I work from 9am to 5pm, and pray zuhr at lunch time.. Now that asr has gotten closer, I am going to cut lunch by 5 mins and take the 5 mins later in the afternoon. If they disagree, I will start drinking tea at work or 'start' smoking to get a smokers/tea break ;)
    SPREAD OF EVIL
    ZIONISM
    BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
      Bro, isn't there any laws that require you to have a break? They can't expect you to work 9 hours with no breaks!

I work from 9am to 5pm, and pray zuhr at lunch time.. Now that asr has gotten closer, I am going to cut lunch by 5 mins and take the 5 mins later in the afternoon. If they disagree, I will start drinking tea at work or 'start' smoking to get a smokers/tea break ;)
      tea break? srs?

the brits sure love their tea.(assuming you are from the UK)

Comment

Originally posted by Excuse_me View Post
        You actually have a right to perform your religious acts while at work and if they do fire you then you have a lawsuit in place. Let me know if you need lawyers.
        My boss is Muslim

Originally posted by -MA- View Post

We are allowed to take breaks, but there's no time. When I worked at Friday, there were customers non-stop. I couldn't leave my non-Muslim co-worker to handle a line of customers by himself. We got out at 2 am, well past when we should have gotten out. The pre-closer (who is also Muslim) was supposed to leave at 9pm, but didn't get out till after 10:30pm. He didn't have time to pray either and was an hour and a half behind already because of all the customers
        Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

:salams,

This doesn't happen to everyone but happens to some Muslims and is not something that you experience on your own. I believe that you do have a lunch/dinner break for this,insha'Allaah. This requires some determination on your part. Trust in Allah. If you make a conscious effort to reach out to him, he will make your path easier to establish contact with him.

Still, you must try and this struggle to perform salaat is a daily battle for all Muslims,you mustn't let your work get in the way,surely you weren't busy your whole shift were you?

Allah knows best

Comment

Since around lunch and dinner time tend to be the busy workhours, you can try to find some time when the customers are few to none. Or just pray during your lunch break.

Comment

They must give you time to eat your lunch. It is illegal to make you work such long hours without a break, at least in Canada.

This muslim owner should work rotations during salah time and for friday prayer should let half go for 1st jummah and when they come back the other half go for 2nd jummah. His business will do him no good if he's not watching over the salah of his employees more than his bank account.

InshAllah brother wolfn, you must voice your concern to the manager and say "my prayer brings me happiness and earns the pleasure of Allah so that He may reward me with Paradise. Without this prayer everything else is meaningless. we all should pray together or pray in teams of two."

There is nothing on this planet that is worth giving up Paradise for.

Comment

screw the customers bro.

tell them that they can wait and if they dont like it they can goto another store, cause you gotta do your prayers.
                And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

if its that busy, you being gone fore 5 minuites is not going to make much of a difference.
                  And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

find a clean space somehwhere behind a counter. Bring along your prayer mattress. When the time has come for your prayer, just signal 3 minutes to your coworker.

Comment

the five daily prayers are compulsory,surely you can't be busy to miss them!

Comment

You should be allowed a break, regardless of how many customers. If you feel theres too many customers to take a break, than your branch in understaffed
                        SPREAD OF EVIL
                        ZIONISM
                        BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
                          My boss is Muslim

We are allowed to take breaks, but there's no time. When I worked at Friday, there were customers non-stop. I couldn't leave my non-Muslim co-worker to handle a line of customers by himself. We got out at 2 am, well past when we should have gotten out. The pre-closer (who is also Muslim) was supposed to leave at 9pm, but didn't get out till after 10:30pm. He didn't have time to pray either and was an hour and a half behind already because of all the customers
                          You say you are allowed to take breaks but there is no time. Then Im afraid you are bringing this on yourself. If your employer is staying within the employment guidelines by allowing you the regulation breaks and you aren't taking them, then you are at fault. On a moral level, it is up to yourself to step away from the customers say you are going on a break and perform salat. If a co-worker moans at you you simply say your salat is more important than their moaning.
                          Excuses are far too easy to make akhi.

Comment

“Successful indeed are the believers, Who are humble in their prayers And who (strictly) guard their prayers”. [Quran:23: 1,2,9]
                            "His command, when He intends anything, is only to say to it: Be, so it is." - 036.082

Comment

“Those who believe, and do deeds of righteousness, and establish regular prayers and regular charity, will have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve”.[Quran:2:277]
                              "His command, when He intends anything, is only to say to it: Be, so it is." - 036.082

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                                screw the customers bro.

tell them that they can wait and if they dont like it they can goto another store, cause you gotta do your prayers.
                                My boss wouldn't like that
                                Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Working...
                                X