No time to pray at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No time to pray at work

Assalaam Alikum. I work at Subway and my store is Muslim owned and mostly Muslim co-workers.

Today, I worked on a Friday for the first time. It was extremely busy. There was always customers in line and we were very rushed. I didn't have any time for prayers because I always had to deal with customers. I worked from 5 pm to 2 am and there wasn't any time I could get a break for prayer.

What should I do if I don't have time to pray salaat?
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Re: No time to pray at work

:salams

if the owner is muslim and theres mostly muslim coworkers whats the problem? surely they should understand...your only gonna take a break for 5-10 mins..im sure someone else can take over?
    Patience...

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfn View Post
      Assalaam Alikum. I work at Subway and my store is Muslim owned and mostly Muslim co-workers.

Today, I worked on a Friday for the first time. It was extremely busy. There was always customers in line and we were very rushed. I didn't have any time for prayers because I always had to deal with customers. I worked from 5 pm to 2 am and there wasn't any time I could get a break for prayer.

what would you do if you had diarrhea and it kept you in the bathroom for 15 min? would you just pucker-up for 8 full hours? or would you make time to go?
      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

waalaikumsalam. you need to try harder or sadly and probably, change job, thats the only few ways. try harder as of finding a replacement just for the time to execute your prayers. 5 minutes of one fardh prayer is better than nothing. May Allah help you find a way, insya'Allah

Comment

i just wanna say. when at work we manage to get a few minutes break for the toilet, food, smoking, on the phone, etc. but when it comes to prayer we cant make time. we need to realise the priority of the salah and make time for it. skip the food and pray instead if we have to. this is a great reminder for all muslims
          There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

assalaamu alaykum,

they cant stop you from praying, you get breaks so go pray, you get a lunch break use it to go to the masjid. if they say no do it anyway. most countries have laws on religious descrimination.
            Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

Comment

Just say you have to go and pray brother, regardless if you are busy. I worked in a very busy Pharmacy in my training year and sometimes the circumstances were just like yours. I would literally say, I'm going. Even as a Pharmacist, I tell them to tell the customers there is a slightly longer waiting time now etc.

Your prayers are your priority. Even if that means you lose your job or get some slack from your peers, maybe Allah (swt) would replace it all with a job or circumstance that is better for you, simply because you remembered Allah (swt) and Allah (swt) will remember you. Always keep that in mind. Be strong Inshallah and don't feel bad for having to go!

Comment

you have to make the time, speak to your manager. Im sure they can allow you to pray for 5/10 mins
                check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

my wife used to work for a turkish muslim in a takeaway shop. he converted a small stock room to go a pray whenever he needed to and any of his staff that wanted to as well. cant something like that be done?

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Just speak to your manager, tell him/her that you need to pray and so they need to allow you to have a 5-10 min break at prayer times. Don't be affraid to complain, the worst they can do is say no and if that's the case either change your working times or maybe try to find a new job. They should understand though.
                    Allah is 'closer to him than (his) jugular vein' (Quran - 50:16)
                    ♥.. Any given time - I do my best to strive - In Your name I rise - The apple of my eyes ..♥

Comment

We have a prayer space but the other Muslims don't have time for prayer either because it's so busy. And the one Muslim who does manage to pray blames me when we fall behind in our job duties
                      Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

We have a prayer space but the other Muslims don't have time for prayer either because it's so busy. And the one Muslim who does manage to pray blames me when we fall behind in our job duties
                        you all need to recognize that your sustenance (business, salary, food, customers, etc) comes from Allah, and you MUST take the time out to thank Him

or you may wind up find out how restrictive Allah can make His rizq when you want to worship the creation and not the creator
                        .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                        نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Make time !
                          It only takes a few minutes.
                          Get together with the other workers and come to an understanding with your boss, ask him/her to give you a few minutes break each for prayer.

I'm sure he/she will understand.

Comment

how long does it take to pray? seriously just a few minutes...i'm sure staff take cigarette breaks? well you take salaah breaks....if its an issue..just tell your boss to take if off your lunch

Comment

You actually have a right to perform your religious acts while at work and if they do fire you then you have a lawsuit in place. Let me know if you need lawyers.

Comment

Working...
                              X