Hiking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hiking

A lone backpacker sounds good. But you must know basics of survival and all that.
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

done a few times when I was a pre uni student, undergrad, and before leaving for UK, (compulsory)

Comment

I once did an urban hike with Boy Scouts. We hiked about 15 miles in urban environment.

My legs felt like jelly afterwards.
        Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

in the valleys im from you cant walk a mile without ending up a mountain somewhere. but the breacon beacons take some beating. loverly country side, beatyfull views and the added bonus your in wales ;)

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

I loooooove Hiking!!! I even used to climb rocks :D
            Guantanamo Justice Centre

Comment

Originally posted by GAL-actic View Post
              I loooooove Hiking!!! I even used to climb rocks :D
              Any cool stories? Any crazy climbs?

Comment

Originally posted by SILURES View Post
                in the valleys im from you cant walk a mile without ending up a mountain somewhere. but the breacon beacons take some beating. loverly country side, beatyfull views and the added bonus your in wales ;)
                Just looked at some trails in wales. Hah you're right. Looks great for backpacking/hiking.

Comment

Originally posted by Excuse_me View Post
                  Just looked at some trails in wales. Hah you're right. Looks great for backpacking/hiking.
                  yeah its great especially the beacons. if you go gogle a place called the storey arms. theres parking there and you right on the mountain. its where most of the back packers start from. its a bed and breakfast as well i think so you can stay and get some grub.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by Excuse_me View Post
                    Any cool stories? Any crazy climbs?
                    When I went climbing I didn't use any equipment (apart from good shoes)...But alhamdulillah nothing bad happened...there was only one time when I was climbing up a mountain that I almost fell...and beneath me there was only rocks and sea...If that would've happened it was over...that's one experience I'll never forget. So yea that's my crazy climb.
                    Guantanamo Justice Centre

Comment

Originally posted by GAL-actic View Post
                      When I went climbing I didn't use any equipment (apart from good shoes)...But alhamdulillah nothing bad happened...there was only one time when I was climbing up a mountain that I almost fell...and beneath me there was only rocks and sea...If that would've happened it was over...that's one experience I'll never forget. So yea that's my crazy climb.
                      Damn crazy spot to be in. Did you get into climbing after hiking for a bit?

I havnt bought any gear any recommendations on what to take? Will be doing day hikes to start with and then working up to 2-3 day backpacking/hiking.

Comment

Working...
                      X