X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hiking

Originally posted by Fuaadh View Post
    lool its a "her" haha..
    ooopps, i hope she dont read this then. welsh women are crazy when they get insulted. *runs away*

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

would absolutely love 2 but the fam really aint in2 tht stuff, am on my gap year tho so myt giv it a go with some friends... are thr any specific places to go?

Comment

love hiking in the yorkshire dales.lake district,and oop denby dale

Comment

Hiking goes Hiking.

Comment

going next week and doing abseiling inshaALLAH
            Last edited by Uthman Ibn Afan; 15-10-10, 12:09 AM.
            http://kondori.wordpress.com/

Like this page on FB
            HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
            Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Salātullāhi wa Salāmuhu ‘alayka ya Rasūlallāh

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...2vbxo1_500.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by zaitoon View Post
              Haven't been hiking in awhile but I love hiking :) natural fitness session .

I recall once I went with about 30 of my relatives (cousins,uncles,aunts) we hiked through the hills facing over the ocean,took about 3 hours *tiring* well if you include the snack stops and water breaks :p It was really nice until my nephew and cousin got lost lol well they didn't get lost they were way ahead and ended up walking more that we had plan.So when we reach our meet up spot they were no way to be seen,so we had to go looking for them which took another hour or so.

We then was too tired to walk back so we all sat on the road waiting for a bus lol looking like refugees haha....20 niqabis and the men were all in sunnah dress so you could imagine the looks we got.

Was fun alhumdulillah :)
              30 people? Yikes thats a large group. Was there even enough room on the trail? Single file line? hah

Comment

Originally posted by sis_sarah View Post
                would absolutely love 2 but the fam really aint in2 tht stuff, am on my gap year tho so myt giv it a go with some friends... are thr any specific places to go?
                Google hiking trails in your area.

Comment

east midlands is so dry and boring, I doubt theres any good places to hike. I might check out places in Yorkshire/Lake district like bro Ahmed suggested, keep us posted on how your trip goes tho :D

Comment

Just came back from my first hiking trip. Was a pretty good workout. At first I was gonna hike alone but I made friends with some random hiker and we hiked together. Glad I didnt hike alone cuz the last .5 mile was pretty tough. Almost got a blister so gotta get some better socks next time hopefully. It was way too foggy so I didnt get to see the great view everyone raves about but insha'Allah maybe next time.

Lastly way too many dogs not on leashes. Was a bit annoyed by that.

This was only a 3mile hike.

InshaAllah next plan is to do 9-10 mile one next week.

Comment

dogs not on leashes :O apart from tht, sounds gr8!

Comment

Hiking is great fun here in scotland but its challenging.
                        الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

hiking, sorry i mistook your user name for another user here. sorry about that.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

:salams,

No,unfortunately I have never gone hiking.

Comment

I'd love to go backpacking , but I got no friends to go with. A loner :( .
                              "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

" How can the one who chooses a hour of Haraam pleasure, above the eternal pleasure of Jannah, ever be considered as sane? "
                              -Ibn Al Qayyim

Beneficial Database of Islamic Books and Media: www.Islamhouse.com
                              Interested in Islam : www.islamreligion.com ; www.islam-guide.com

Comment

Originally posted by Arsalan View Post
                                I'd love to go backpacking , but I got no friends to go with. A loner :( .
                                You dont need friends. You meet interesting people along the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X