Hiking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiking

Any other members on here go hiking from time to time?

How often do you go? Longest hike?

Any cool stories?

discuss...

Re: Hiking

I thought this thread was for Hiking - the member here lool.. And on topic, no I haven't ever gone hiking..
    http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

Originally posted by Fuaadh View Post
      I thought this thread was for Hiking - the member here lool.. And on topic, no I haven't ever gone hiking..
      lol ditto
      من صمت نجا

He who keeps silent saves himself (Tirmidhi, Ahmad).

Comment

Just the other day I got this weird feeling of wanting to go hiking.. and tht is out of the blue, cos the last time i went hiking was a couple of years ago.. and it was a very "interesting" experience.. i went with my dad and his friend and their two daughters.. the two mothers and my little sis stayed back at the entrance.. lol.. we some how got lost (don't ask me how) but we ended up on a rarely used pathway which led to the highway... xD and we were so tired by then, not to mention thirsty like anything! by the time we walked along the highway to where out mothers' were waiting, it was past sunset and they were getting really worried cos almost everyone had left.. :/

Before that we went hiking a lot of times.... After all, Brunei is a country with plenty of forest and mountains... :D Hmm, I shd try convince my dad to go coming weekend.. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Aquie View Post
          Just the other day I got this weird feeling of wanting to go hiking.. and tht is out of the blue, cos the last time i went hiking was a couple of years ago.. and it was a very "interesting" experience.. i went with my dad and his friend and their two daughters.. the two mothers and my little sis stayed back at the entrance.. lol.. we some how got lost (don't ask me how) but we ended up on a rarely used pathway which led to the highway... xD and we were so tired by then, not to mention thirsty like anything! by the time we walked along the highway to where out mothers' were waiting, it was past sunset and they were getting really worried cos almost everyone had left.. :/

Before that we went hiking a lot of times.... After all, Brunei is a country with plenty of forest and mountains... :D Hmm, I shd try convince my dad to go coming weekend.. ^_^
          Yeah make it a ritual.

Will be going on my first ever hiking trip this weekend, InshaAllah. Kind of pumped up.

Comment

Ooooohh.... this is just about time! My housemates recently asked me to go hiking with them.... have not decided yet where to go, but most probably Mount Kinabalu.... I wonder what kind of preparation should I do and what to anticipate...

Comment

Originally posted by geeksupremo View Post
              Ooooohh.... this is just about time! My housemates recently asked me to go hiking with them.... have not decided yet where to go, but most probably Mount Kinabalu.... I wonder what kind of preparation should I do and what to anticipate...
              How long is the hike? If it is pretty short (1-2 hours) then dont need to do much preparation. If it is longer then I would buy some gear (backpack, boots, pocket knife, socks, flashlight, first aid etc..) Gotta prepare for the worst situation. Ive had friends get stuck late at night and if they werent prepared they would have been screwed.

Comment

Is Hiking the same as Camping??
                وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post

Is Hiking the same as Camping??
                  not as rigorous but they're both great outdoor activities.

Comment

hikking is fun :D but at the same time a bit tiring

Comment

Their is a sister who made a thread about backpacking and hiking..except she wants to do it by herself. If you're single too then maybe a match made in heaven?.....
                      Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
                      Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuaadh View Post
                        :rotfl:

and me, i thought "someones picking on him, whats he done?" its because hes welsh init *shakes fist*

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by SILURES View Post
                          :rotfl:

and me, i thought "someones picking on him, whats he done?" its because hes welsh init *shakes fist*
                          lool its a "her" haha..
                          http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

Originally posted by Excuse_me View Post
                            Any other members on here go hiking from time to time?

How often do you go? Longest hike?

Any cool stories?

discuss...
                            Yup last time I went wid some Bro's we saw some trekkers on the path and we said:
                            "excuse me, we're wondering if you can help?"
                            "Yes" they replied.
                            "Have you seen Osama Bin Laden? He said he was going to meet us here for some coffee"

lol

done lots of other stuff too.

Comment

Haven't been hiking in awhile but I love hiking :) natural fitness session .

I recall once I went with about 30 of my relatives (cousins,uncles,aunts) we hiked through the hills facing over the ocean,took about 3 hours *tiring* well if you include the snack stops and water breaks :p It was really nice until my nephew and cousin got lost lol well they didn't get lost they were way ahead and ended up walking more that we had plan.So when we reach our meet up spot they were no way to be seen,so we had to go looking for them which took another hour or so.

We then was too tired to walk back so we all sat on the road waiting for a bus lol looking like refugees haha....20 niqabis and the men were all in sunnah dress so you could imagine the looks we got.

Was fun alhumdulillah :)
                              احب الصالحين و لست منهم لعل الله يرزقني صلاح

Comment

Working...
                              X