A few Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few Questions...

Hi, I am a non muslim but am interested in learning a little about Islam religion and culture. I am a freshman at a University and I am writing a paper on Muslim customs particularly regarding women. I'm am unbiased and am trying hard not to be offensive, my goal is to not offend anyone. If anyone can help me please let me know. I am writing about how many non muslims believe that muslim women are "oppressed" or "have no rights" because they remain covered.. I am not one of those people, I believe that if you are happy you are happy if you aren't then do something about it but leave other people's business alone. If anyone could answer my questions for my paper I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you all.

Re: A few Questions...

how polite :D what are your questions ?

Comment

I'm non-Muslim and have never thought that Muslim women are oppressed or have no rights. I get into that argument at work all the time - a lot of people have no clue about Islam and just assume women are forced to cover up because they have no rights. I think that a religion that gave women the right to divorce 1400 years ago is pretty advanced when it comes to women's rights...it's just most people can't be bothered to actually learn about the religion, as it's much easier to just listen to and believe the media.
      My Blog: Trying To Find Faith
      My Trip Site: Destination Anywhere
      My Wedding Site: With This Ring

Comment

islam does not oppress anyone, people do.

Comment

thank you for your replies. I might just put a survey on here once I get my questions in order if thats ok? Everyone's opinions are welcome. I also believe that everything that is "bad" mainly stems from certain individuals and then many people stereotype only using those individuals rather than looking at every person. Everyone is different, in every way possible.

Comment

here is my short survey.. if any of you have anything else to add or say please just reply to this thread.. thank you:) also if you know anyone else interested in taking it please pass it around.
            http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FTWCD29

Comment

Your questions are open ended and the kind that people could write essays about... Are you sure this is what you want?

Comment

yeah i made them that way so it will be slightly easier writing a long paper on haha while also giving me more insight into the religion and customs and opinions of others that I can use to satisfy both academic and personal questions. Thank you for your concern though. Also to be completely honest I wasn't sure what other choices I would have because most multiple choice questions don't really offer anyone to voice their opinions and thats mostly what my paper is, one opinion versus another.

Comment

You also have to be ready to face the fact that not many people will respond to this... Because there's just too much to cover and they wouldn't know where to start... (My situation too, actually..)

Comment

I answered the questions to th best of my ability. I hope they will help you understand Islam and what it truly stands for.....and I hope it helps you with your uni work! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Aquie View Post
                      You also have to be ready to face the fact that not many people will respond to this... Because there's just too much to cover and they wouldn't know where to start... (My situation too, actually..)
                      you dont have to go into detail and to the person who responded that is exactly what i am looking for thank you so much. I just need basics really and opinions, thats all. Please everyone I need at least 10 if not more.

Comment

Originally posted by IAmMe View Post
                        you dont have to go into detail and to the person who responded that is exactly what i am looking for thank you so much. I just need basics really and opinions, thats all. Please everyone I need at least 10 if not more.
                        I've done it.. hope it helps.. :)

Comment

thank you :)

Comment

How many responses have you got so far?

Comment

Originally posted by lowering wings View Post
                              How many responses have you got so far?
                              only 2 :( but better than 0 :)