Justice for Gamu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justice for Gamu

I don't watch X-Factor, but when the news headlines are filled with Justice for Gamu and that people should unite, petition and campaign for a stupid girl who was relegated to be brought back into a competition it just puts the kuffar into perspective.

If they put that much effort into humanitarian crisis, the injustices done to the Muslims in Gazza then maybe they will be doing something which is far more worthy than trying to fight for a spotty immigrant to stay in the UK so she can sing in the XFactor.

Re: Justice for Gamu

Am not aware of the specifics of this news, however whether or not you like the fact that people are petitioning is no reason to insult the girl 'stupid' 'spotty' etc.
    What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
    Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
    Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
    but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
    but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
    We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
    freedom from slavery to other than the One,
    Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
    and a horizon that extends to the next life,
    Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
      I don't watch X-Factor, but when the news headlines are filled with Justice for Gamu and that people should unite, petition and campaign for a stupid girl who was relegated to be brought back into a competition it just puts the kuffar into perspective.

If they put that much effort into humanitarian crisis, the injustices done to the Muslims in Gazza then maybe they will be doing something which is far more worthy than trying to fight for a spotty immigrant to stay in the UK so she can sing in the XFactor.
      true. these stories are just put out to distract ppl from the real issues in life.
      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
        Am not aware of the specifics of this news, however whether or not you like the fact that people are petitioning is no reason to insult the girl 'stupid' 'spotty' etc.
        do u have a habit of following my posts on this forum or something? why don't you just do a hard delete of this thread like the one yesterday.

Comment

There are lots of non-muslims who help with humanitarian crises. Where I work, students and staff of all backgrounds, races and religions (as well as atheists) have raised money for Pakistan. I also know of many non-muslim students involved in helping support Gaza, and taking part in various charity activities for a variety of good causes.

As far as I am concerned, the use of the term "kaffir" is one of hatred. I don't see any hatred among the students and staff collecting for Pakistan; only concern for their fellow human beings. "Kaffirs" are humans too - and many of them are good people. Please think before you label people.

By the way, if you give up on one person, then you give up on every person. I would never give up on anyone.
          Last edited by Nizam1; 09-10-10, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nizam1 View Post
            There are lots of non-muslims who help with humanitarian crises. Where I work, students and staff of all backgrounds, races and religions (as well as atheists) have raised money for Pakistan. I also know of many non-muslim students involved in helping support Gaza, and taking part in various charity activities for a variety of good causes.

As far as I am concerned, the use of the term "kaffir" is one of hatred. I don't see any hatred among the students and staff collecting for Pakistan; only concern for their fellow human beings. "Kaffirs" are humans too - and many of them are good people. Please think before you label people.

By the way, if you give up on one person, then you give up on every person. I would never give up on anyone.
            So what ever next, remove the word kuffar from the Qur'an when it describes and labels the unbelievers with their Arabic description. Why should we change and have sentiment incase we hurt "their" - the kuffar's feelings?

Justice for Gamu will become as big as Justice for Derdrie.

Comment

Kuffar/Kuffir is regarded as "infidel".

It's not a question of hurt feelings or changing things. It's a question of respect. If Muslims don't show respect, we cannot expect respect in return. Non-Muslims could claim, for example, that they have the right to draw cartoons . . . I'm sure you know what I mean there. They equally could say: "Who cares if their feelings get hurt? Should we change things for them?"

It's not a case of changing things in themselves, but respecting each other. Is that really so difficult?

Comment

Originally posted by Nizam1 View Post
                Kuffar/Kuffir is regarded as "infidel".

It's not a question of hurt feelings or changing things. It's a question of respect. If Muslims don't show respect, we cannot expect respect in return. Non-Muslims could claim, for example, that they have the right to draw cartoons . . . I'm sure you know what I mean there. They equally could say: "Who cares if their feelings get hurt? Should we change things for them?"

It's not a case of changing things in themselves, but respecting each other. Is that really so difficult?
                infidel is a word christians use for non muslims, its not a muslim term. kaffir / kuffar is the arabic used in the Quran by Allah ta ala. there is a whole surah called al kafiroon- the disbelivers. please read it. there is nothing offesnive about it. anyone who disbelives in Allah is a kaffir, this is what Allah ta ala has stated. nothing wrong with the Quran.
                "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Who cares whether she was transported back or not - but as zee mentioned, this is no excuse to insult the girl. It's not her fault people are dying in Gazaa
                  Give me a clear vision, that I may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless I stand for something, I will fall for anything.

Comment

Why only muslims in gaza?

As for the girl, that is a local issue, gaza is an international issue.

What about the states in africa and south america?

muslims are not the only ones suffering.
                    Last edited by Junior45; 09-10-10, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X