Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does wearing Hijab cause one to lose hair i.e go bald?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does wearing Hijab cause one to lose hair i.e go bald?

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
    its normal to see as much as a whole handful of hair after you wash it and comb it out,or just brush it on a usual day, because you loose around 150 hairs a day.
    Wow! This is news to me. So, I guess I am pretty normal, then.

They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it (61 : 8)

Comment

alhamdulillah my hair gets prettier after hijab :D No more oiliness.... But one friend lost a lot of hair, she blamed it to hijab. But just FYI as I saw her lifestyle directly her hair received a chemical overtreatment.

If you have hair problem, just rub the scalp with aloe vera gel. smelly but healing!
      :GB_bonesrock:
      And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Its not the hijab... it is from tying your hait ubber tight.

You see hijabis usually have their hair in a bun... the tighter it is the more it will be secured.

So the more secure it is... the more likely it will make you lose some front hairs.

Solution... use a cap. :o ( as in the elastic-thingy cap under the hijab)
        Bye...

Comment

There is a condition called traction alopecia in other words balding because of pulling your hair tight.

Bye scrunchies they are easier on the hair than elastic hair bands.

When you are at home just loosen your hair. Braid it, or put it in a loose messy bun.

Before you go to sleep massage your scalp, and brush your hair with a paddle brush properly.

But I also agree with choco if it is severe hair fall get a blood test. And look at your nails too are they brittle, and chip easily? Could mean a nutritional deficiency.

In the end don't worry too much in sha' Allah many women wear hijaab for years, and years wal Hamdulilah it didn't affect their hair.

Comment

It is not the hijab per say... I have seen sisters have issues that wear an extremely tight hair bun or pony tail to keep their hair back.

And I had an issue where my hair thinned but found out I had a vitamin deficiency - it was not from the hijab but I was worried it was.

Taking care of your hair is really important.

Comment

ive been covering my head for almost 20 years and it hasnt caused any hair issues. my mum doesnt cover and her hair is getting very thin. my mum's older sister has covered her hair for years and it hasnt caused her any problems either.

Originally posted by Chaser View Post
              Does wearing full sleeves cause people to lose arm hair?
              I wish!
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

other reasons include stress, genetics, and your overall diet. Nuts are good for hair and nails, but remember everything in moderation

I'm losing ALOT of hair, it's so sad :( Also sometimes I don't understand how tight people wear their scarfs/bonnet caps, covering the ears like that, I wouldn't be able to hear things- and the huge alien head- I mean the pressure the heavy weight is too much looooool, if I did it that then I'd be bald, otherwise no, Alhamdulillah if you wear your hijab for the right purpose you'll benefit Insha Allah
                'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Maybe tightening your hijab could be the reason as well. Take it easy.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                  بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                  The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                  -------------------------------------------------------
                  www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X