Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does wearing Hijab cause one to lose hair i.e go bald?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does wearing Hijab cause one to lose hair i.e go bald?

salaams

i am in Hijab for the past year now, and keep hearing comments from muslim and non muslim people alike that wearing scarf can cause bald-ness? is this true? and if so any preventative measures? the one guy even said that muslim women in general have problems with hair loss on top of the heads because of wearing hijab.

i love my scarf, and dont mean to sound vain...but i am a bit concerned.

any advice?

Re: Does wearing Hijab cause one to lose hair i.e go bald?

Wa laykum asalam

No it doesnt make you go bald,it protects the hair more like it :up:

Comment

:wswrwb:
      it never happened to me and dont know anyone who this has actually happened to
      it may b just a rumour or whispers of shaytan 2 put u off :S
      its not as if u wear it 24 hours a day and in the house and everything?
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Your hair CAN go thin on top if you wear hijaab (and dont take care of your hair), this can be due to the constant pressure of the scarf on the top of your head - just try to make sure you dont tie your hair back too tightly. Also when you aren't wearing hijaab give your hair some light (if you have a garden then sit there sometimes), leave your hair down or tie it differently.

These should all help.
        You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

sis :love:

nope, not that Ive noticed or am aware of!

As ebs said, give it light and let it down, and also condition regularly

If there are issues of hair loss etc its probably to do with helath and diet that than the hijab!
          وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

I've never heard of that either.. but then again there's so many bizzare things that people follow when it comes to hair i.e wearing the hijab makes your hair grow within a week or putting oil in it makes prevents grey hair from happening lol :s

Comment

its not true.

Comment

I don't think you need to be too concerned sis. I've never heard of this problem.
                Allah is so Great and Merciful that although we continue to disobey Him, He still awaits for our repentance so that He may forgive us.

Comment

:wswrwb:

no it doesnt make you bold! lol

ALHUMDULILAH!
                  check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

:jkk: to all the sisters for their advice

i thought as much, that there isnt much truth to it :)

i also heard that i must give my hair some sun light a few minute each day. which is what i am doing now.

Alhamdulillah...i absolutly love my Hijab!

have a lovely week end :up:

Comment

No This Is True Your Hair Does Go. Ive Met Sisters That Have Gone Bald

HOWEVER Like Sis Ebony Said You Gotta Take Care Of Your Hair. Like When Your At Home And There Is No Non Mehrams About Then Take Your Scarf Off Anf Let Youyr hair Breathe.

Also Try Not To Wear Your Hijaab Too Tight.

My Hair Line Is Going Back Because I Wear My Bonnet Too Tight.
                      And He found you lost and guided you,
                      ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
                      " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
                      ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by ayesha13 View Post
                        :jkk: to all the sisters for their advice

i thought as much, that there isnt much truth to it :)

i also heard that i must give my hair some sun light a few minute each day. which is what i am doing now.

Alhamdulillah...i absolutly love my Hijab!

have a lovely week end :up:
                        no its not true, and sunlight isnt good for your hair, it makes it dry. plus u shouldnt be going outside without hijab, it sounds like these ppl are just trying to make u disobey Allah...
                        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                          no its not true, and sunlight isnt good for your hair, it makes it dry. plus u shouldnt be going outside without hijab, it sounds like these ppl are just trying to make u disobey Allah...
                          This Is Also True. I agree With the Last Comment.

The Reason My Hijaab Affected My Hair Is Cause I Never Took Care Of My Hair At All
                          And He found you lost and guided you,
                          ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
                          " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
                          ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

this thread reminds me of a story... A man went to the doctors complaining about his eye from crying alot in fear of Allah . The doctor said to him, you must stop crying otherwise you will lose your eye. He replies - What good/purpose is of an eye if is does not cry when he remembers his Lord. So i guess the moral of the story is if you lose hair because of wearing hijab surely then thats the best way to lose it - by obeying Allah - ofcourse that is to say that we dont wish to lose hair in the first place.
                            ...and InshAllah i remind myself before i remind others.

ASPIRE to INSPIRE before you EXPIRE!

Is your Boss coming?...Click here :D

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
                              No This Is True Your Hair Does Go. Ive Met Sisters That Have Gone Bald

HOWEVER Like Sis Ebony Said You Gotta Take Care Of Your Hair. Like When Your At Home And There Is No Non Mehrams About Then Take Your Scarf Off Anf Let Youyr hair Breathe.

Also Try Not To Wear Your Hijaab Too Tight.

My Hair Line Is Going Back Because I Wear My Bonnet Too Tight.
                              if u wana avoid that u can wear like those small one peice ones underneath instead, it doesnt press on ur head @ all so i dnt think it will affect ur hair, or put a line on ur head or give headaches or ne of those issues that sometimes u get from putting a bonnet underneath tightly
                              the only downside is it can b hot in summer bt it is really comfy :D personally i recommend it :up:
                              <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X