X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenicca
    replied
    Re: Being a new hijabi, starting afresh

Masha'Allah sis. Alhumdollilah that Allah has given you the understanding and oppurtunity sis

May Allah make it easy for you, accept it from you and make you steadfast in his Deen.

As for uni, keep you head low and just immerse yourself in your studies. Be punctual in your prayers and try to avoid unnecessary engagement with those creatures that they call men.

Read plenty of Quran and try to be agood Muslimah Insha'allah.

May Allah protect you and preserve you. x

Leave a comment:

• islam4u2
    replied

Originally posted by Ani_19 View Post
    Aww thanks for the lovely comments everyone. :) I'll keep reminding myself that whatever i do is for the sake of Allah and that everything is temporary, friends come and go. Arsalan, good point and i completely agree with you on that note. I didn't wear the hijab so that people could perceive me as 'magically pious' lol. Ramadan this year and attending al maghrib lectures definately changed me - i became more practising, my iman increased and i did it for the sake of Allah so i can become closer to Him along with improving my character and my deen :love:
    based on that then congratulations :hidban:

Leave a comment:

• Ani_19
    replied

Aww thanks for the lovely comments everyone. :) I'll keep reminding myself that whatever i do is for the sake of Allah and that everything is temporary, friends come and go. Arsalan, good point and i completely agree with you on that note. I didn't wear the hijab so that people could perceive me as 'magically pious' lol. Ramadan this year and attending al maghrib lectures definately changed me - i became more practising, my iman increased and i did it for the sake of Allah so i can become closer to Him along with improving my character and my deen :love:

Leave a comment:

• Aisha-2002
    replied

Originally posted by CloserThanVeins View Post
    Aww Mashallah!! I'm new to hijab too :inlove:
    May Allah guide you and make it easy for you .. But seriously Sister don't be shy to approach people and chat to them. It's suprising how accepting people really are of the hijab, I was between years at uni I expected the worst but alhamdulillah my friends are all happy for me and respect my religion. At uni it just about being confident to talk to people. Join the Isoc and ask the sisters there to introduce to more sisters, be in good company.

Regularly recite dua's to protect you from black magic (ayat Al-Kursi, surat Al-Ikhlas, Al-Falaq and An-Nas) no evil can affect you when you have Allah to protect you.
    welcome to you too new hijabi sis!!!!!
    MashAllah it is so wonderful to hear when a sister wears hijab.

Leave a comment:

• CloserThanVeins
    replied

Aww Mashallah!! I'm new to hijab too :inlove:
    May Allah guide you and make it easy for you .. But seriously Sister don't be shy to approach people and chat to them. It's suprising how accepting people really are of the hijab, I was between years at uni I expected the worst but alhamdulillah my friends are all happy for me and respect my religion. At uni it just about being confident to talk to people. Join the Isoc and ask the sisters there to introduce to more sisters, be in good company.

Regularly recite dua's to protect you from black magic (ayat Al-Kursi, surat Al-Ikhlas, Al-Falaq and An-Nas) no evil can affect you when you have Allah to protect you.
    Last edited by CloserThanVeins; 07-10-10, 10:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Muslimah81
    replied

congratulations sis!! mashallah!!

it's most definitely an excellent step and from personal experience wearing hijab has definitely cemented certain aspects of my faith and encouraged me to strive harder.

may Allah strengthen you, ease your burdens and protect you from all evil, ameen.

Leave a comment:

• adri
    replied

Masha'Allah :) Insha'Allah you make really good friends soon :) sometimes it takes time :)

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Alhamdulillah on wearing hijab. He guides whom He wills.
    May Allah protect us from sihr and evil of this world.

Leave a comment:

• Sirius
    replied

Masha Allah.
    May Allah keep you strong, He got you to this stage and He has the power to get you through the rest of what it is you're facing.

Leave a comment:

• bint begum
    replied

Mashallah, well done sis :)

Leave a comment:

• LailaTheMuslim
    replied

Masha'allah, May Allah keep u away from evil, read surah falaq and nas on urself, plus play surah al baqarah in ur house

Leave a comment:

• IbnulQayyim
    replied

Don't pay attention to what others think of you when you're wearing the Hijab. Cuz it will grow into being paranoid.
    ur doing for Allah so what matters is what He sees.

Leave a comment:

• Aisha-2002
    replied

MashAllah... a new hijabi!!!
    Be steadfast in your love for Allah and He will protect you from the shaytan sis.
    And if you are having a hard time, remember, Allah will never burden you with more than you can bear.

Leave a comment:

• Ani_19
    replied

Jazakhallah Ladies!! :) I have so much to look forward to and good things will come to those who are patient and have the right intentions. Insh'Allah life will get easier and normal now that i have the love, support and Guidance from Allah.

Originally posted by semasahin View Post
    Wa alaikum assalam. (: I wish you the best dear and hope all your schooling goes well, insha'Allah. What are you studying?
    I'm studying business with marketing sis, trying to organise a transfer to another uni for my second year Insh'Allah. Please remember me in your duas! Xx

Leave a comment:

• semasahin
    replied

Wa alaikum assalam. (: I wish you the best dear and hope all your schooling goes well, insha'Allah. What are you studying?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X