Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being a new hijabi, starting afresh

Salaam,

I just want to say that i've started to wear the hijab and i love it! I changed my course this year at uni so all my peers are new to me, and i have to say i am struggling to fit in. I haven't made any friends yet and it's been two weeks since i've joined. I've always struggled to make any friends or i wouldn't have any, but that case was different as there was black magic on me and the family for over 10 years. I was afflicted with sihir again through some freshies at uni and i'm planning to get a transfer to another uni for my 2nd year, Insh'Allah. It was tough growing up around the time when i was afflicted with Sihir as i found it hard to settle down or adjust to new environments, dealing with people, letting people put me down and i think this has effected me socially too. Insh'Allah the curse has worn off, but me and my sister are still having some issues regarding our health and have some effects of the black magic traces on us. I'm performing ruqyah on myself because only Allah will cure me from this and i don't trust anyone else besides Allah :) I just keep having irrational fears about what's to come and i don't know if not making any friends is still due to black magic but i will beat this Insh'Allah! Please make dua for me and any advice on how easy settling down to uni life is will be appreciated, Jazak Allah Khairan :up:

Re: Being a new hijabi, starting afresh

Walaikum assalaam wa rahmatullah,

MashaAllah sis! :up: May Allah keep you steadfast and protect you from evil :love:.
    ربنا واجعلنا مسلمين لك ومن ذريتنا أمة مسلمة لك وأرنا مناسكنا وتب علينا إنك أنت التواب الرحيم

Our Lord, make us Muslims submitted to You, and our descendants a Muslim community submitted to You. Show us our rites of worship and turn towards us. You are the Ever-Returning, the Most Merciful. [2: 128]

http://livingthemuslimlife.wordpress.com/

Comment

Wa alaikum assalam. (: I wish you the best dear and hope all your schooling goes well, insha'Allah. What are you studying?

Comment

Jazakhallah Ladies!! :) I have so much to look forward to and good things will come to those who are patient and have the right intentions. Insh'Allah life will get easier and normal now that i have the love, support and Guidance from Allah.

Originally posted by semasahin View Post
        Wa alaikum assalam. (: I wish you the best dear and hope all your schooling goes well, insha'Allah. What are you studying?
        I'm studying business with marketing sis, trying to organise a transfer to another uni for my second year Insh'Allah. Please remember me in your duas! Xx

Comment

MashAllah... a new hijabi!!!
          Be steadfast in your love for Allah and He will protect you from the shaytan sis.
          And if you are having a hard time, remember, Allah will never burden you with more than you can bear.

Comment

Don't pay attention to what others think of you when you're wearing the Hijab. Cuz it will grow into being paranoid.
            ur doing for Allah so what matters is what He sees.
            Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
            فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Masha'allah, May Allah keep u away from evil, read surah falaq and nas on urself, plus play surah al baqarah in ur house
              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Mashallah, well done sis :)

Comment

Masha Allah.
                  May Allah keep you strong, He got you to this stage and He has the power to get you through the rest of what it is you're facing.
                  'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
                  Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
                  علي الحبشي

Comment

Alhamdulillah on wearing hijab. He guides whom He wills.
                    May Allah protect us from sihr and evil of this world.
                    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Masha'Allah :) Insha'Allah you make really good friends soon :) sometimes it takes time :)

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
                      [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

congratulations sis!! mashallah!!

it's most definitely an excellent step and from personal experience wearing hijab has definitely cemented certain aspects of my faith and encouraged me to strive harder.

may Allah strengthen you, ease your burdens and protect you from all evil, ameen.

Comment

Aww Mashallah!! I'm new to hijab too :inlove:
                          May Allah guide you and make it easy for you .. But seriously Sister don't be shy to approach people and chat to them. It's suprising how accepting people really are of the hijab, I was between years at uni I expected the worst but alhamdulillah my friends are all happy for me and respect my religion. At uni it just about being confident to talk to people. Join the Isoc and ask the sisters there to introduce to more sisters, be in good company.

Regularly recite dua's to protect you from black magic (ayat Al-Kursi, surat Al-Ikhlas, Al-Falaq and An-Nas) no evil can affect you when you have Allah to protect you.
                          Last edited by CloserThanVeins; 07-10-10, 10:22 AM.
                          Allah is 'closer to him than (his) jugular vein' (Quran - 50:16)
                          ♥.. Any given time - I do my best to strive - In Your name I rise - The apple of my eyes ..♥

Comment

Originally posted by CloserThanVeins View Post
                            Aww Mashallah!! I'm new to hijab too :inlove:
                            May Allah guide you and make it easy for you .. But seriously Sister don't be shy to approach people and chat to them. It's suprising how accepting people really are of the hijab, I was between years at uni I expected the worst but alhamdulillah my friends are all happy for me and respect my religion. At uni it just about being confident to talk to people. Join the Isoc and ask the sisters there to introduce to more sisters, be in good company.

Regularly recite dua's to protect you from black magic (ayat Al-Kursi, surat Al-Ikhlas, Al-Falaq and An-Nas) no evil can affect you when you have Allah to protect you.
                            welcome to you too new hijabi sis!!!!!
                            MashAllah it is so wonderful to hear when a sister wears hijab.

Comment

Aww thanks for the lovely comments everyone. :) I'll keep reminding myself that whatever i do is for the sake of Allah and that everything is temporary, friends come and go. Arsalan, good point and i completely agree with you on that note. I didn't wear the hijab so that people could perceive me as 'magically pious' lol. Ramadan this year and attending al maghrib lectures definately changed me - i became more practising, my iman increased and i did it for the sake of Allah so i can become closer to Him along with improving my character and my deen :love:

Comment

Working...
                              X