No announcement yet.

why do Muslim women immigrate into UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do Muslim women immigrate into UK?

hi, everyone, let's discuss the motivation of immigrating into UK. if you are British Muslim women, why did you decide to immigrate Uk? Or if you are born in Britian, do you thinke what is the most important factor that contributed to the rapid immigration of Muslim women in Uk?

Attention: your discussion result will be only used as one part of research of my master thesis. but pls do not worry, your name will not represent on the paper.

Thanks very much, and your active participation and your honest answer will be much appreciated.

Re: why do Muslim women immigrate into UK?

Better jobs, better education, more opportunities.
    But it doesn't really matter cause you can find these things in Muslim countries too.
    Last edited by .mirror.; 05-10-10, 04:50 AM.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

hi

i don't think it's the women who aspire to come to the UK for opportunities and jobs etc. many muslim women are happy with the role of wife and mother and can set aside ambitions to climb the corporate ladder.

it's the men who are coming here for the reasons mentioned in the above post who marry women from 'back home' and bring them to the UK.

other reasons i can think of are the education the UK could offer her children, better medical care and a reasonably reliable justice system?

Comment

i think a majority of women migrate because of marriage
        “And this worldly life is not but diversion and amusement. And indeed, the home of the Hereafter - that is the [eternal] life, if only they knew.” [29:64]

Comment

and i only taught men migrated to the UK but it must be for the same reason .... better life and well to leave their 3rd world country lives behind

Comment

Originally posted by luckyzhang View Post
            hi, everyone, let's discuss the motivation of immigrating into UK. if you are British Muslim women, why did you decide to immigrate Uk? Or if you are born in Britian, do you thinke what is the most important factor that contributed to the rapid immigration of Muslim women in Uk?

Attention: your discussion result will be only used as one part of research of my master thesis. but pls do not worry, your name will not represent on the paper.

Thanks very much, and your active participation and your honest answer will be much appreciated.
            For the same reasons non muslim women migrate to the UK. And men!

Comment

Because dey follow dey husbaand and he a coming to dey UK, so dey also acoming to the UK
              You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Everyone has mentioned the main factors: more career opportunities, better education, better healthcare and of course, marriage.

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                But it doesn't really matter cause you can find these things in Muslim countries too.
                That's true, but it's generally easier in the UK to gain access to these things. Also, the UK is of a better standard - I'd rather suffer in silence than go to a Libyan hospital.

Also, you may be surprised, but some feel that there is more Islamic unity in the UK than there is in a so-called muslim state.
                Last edited by *Sarah; 05-10-10, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebony View Post
                  Because dey follow dey husbaand and he a coming to dey UK, so dey also acoming to the UK
                  nah it was for the fish and chips, yeah it's gotta be the fish and chips.
                  ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                  Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by *Sarah View Post
                    Everyone has mentioned the main factors: more career opportunities, better education, better healthcare and of course, marriage.

That's true, but it's generally easier in the UK to gain access to these things. Also, the UK is of a better standard - I'd rather suffer in silence than go to a Libyan hospital.

Also, you may be surprised, but some feel that there is more Islamic unity in the UK than there is in a so-called muslim state.
                    sped the right amount than the libyan hospital will treat u better than the UK ones

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                      sped the right amount than the libyan hospital will treat u better than the UK ones
                      It's true that there's a system of "waasta" here in Libya (not just in healthcare, in literally EVERY single public and private sector) - basically a "you scratch my back, i'll scratch yours" policy. However, being fast tracked to the top of the waiting list for a vital surgery doesn't mean the surgery will be of a higher standard.. Even the foreign and private clinics are absolute jokes, the service is careless and sloppy, and conditions are only marginally cleaner and more organized.

Comment

^^ yeah well i cant disagree on that ... there are those special hospitals with above average facilities but then they demand more bling ....

Comment

yes, it is true that most of muslim women immigrate to UK for more freedom and equality on employment and education, but i think this is just one aspect which is from Britain, is there any motivation from those muslim countries?
                          Any phenomenon has its push and pull factors. so i am always wondering whether some aspects from the muslim countries are still influencing the rapid immigration of Muslim women, such as the gender attitude in the country of origin or the like?

Comment

Originally posted by luckyzhang View Post
                            yes, it is true that most of muslim women immigrate to UK for more freedom and equality on employment and education, but i think this is just one aspect which is from Britain, is there any motivation from those muslim countries?
                            Any phenomenon has its push and pull factors. so i am always wondering whether some aspects from the muslim countries are still influencing the rapid immigration of Muslim women, such as the gender attitude in the country of origin or the like?

Push factors vary depending on where these individual muslimas are coming from.

Comment

yes, it depends, different situation of muslim women in different muslim countries. but what is the most important one?

Comment

Working...
                              X