Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this happen to you? Any solutions???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this happen to you? Any solutions???

Assalaamu Alaykum

You know in our classes. many a time discussions relate with the Muslim 'culture' (which obviously will involve the religion).

Example - just today there was a discussion about honor killings. the article was true and the family was muslim. hijab was there in teh article too.

so anyways whenever its abt islam or muslim related i cant take the discussions. I just start to shiver and my hands get all shaky and my legs too. I just cant stay still nor can I basically take part in the discussion.

Its not llike a HUGE shiver but u noe what i mean please?
    ...How can I stop this?
    Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
    فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Re: Does this happen to you? Any solutions???

I guess you're just nervous, probably because you feel some pressure to correct the students and make sure Islam is not seen in a bad light. Make sure you know your stuff and then you will be more confident to add to the discussion so that you can correct any misconceptions other students may have from these discussions.
    Just relax. :)
    Allah is 'closer to him than (his) jugular vein' (Quran - 50:16)
    ♥.. Any given time - I do my best to strive - In Your name I rise - The apple of my eyes ..♥

Comment

I try to be calm and wow i couldnt even hold a paper properly today haha and lol my ipod fell from my pocket whilst i took participation in the discussion but can u believe it the teacher wudnt believe 9/11 was amreekan conspiracy. he says al qaida did it (wow eh)

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
      فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

i guess you lack confidence?
        "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Brother the trick to debating is never to be scared. Even if you loose the debate than that will mean you can try harder to win next time. Be scared of Allah not a bunch of humans defend the religion.
          My service is to only the ummah.

Comment

One thing I don't like about nervouseness is that you can't control it!

Anyways, what you should do is if you aren't knowledgeable in that area, don't say anything at all. And, if you do know something then just say it nonchalantly w/o disrespecting anyone. Yeah, easier said than done!!
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Join a debate or speech club, bro. Practicing public speaking reduced my jitters, Alhamdulilah :)
              Salam! :)

Comment

Omg that's like me!
                And if someone asks you something about Taliban or something, it gets hard to answer sometimes (well for me) and then they just put you on the spot kind of thing >.< So i still don't know everything but i know what you mean and getting nervous, because you feel like you need to defend Islam in a way to convince others we are not extremists and terrorists that want to kill everyone.

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]deen Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the . So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2][1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
                [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

Originally posted by haque View Post
                  Join a debate or speech club, bro. Practicing public speaking reduced my jitters, Alhamdulilah :)
                  na speaking doesnt shiver mme that much its just what post #2 basically mentioned its lil of that and llil of this ( u noe what i mean?). Even when the teacher was discussing i was shivering.

Comment

Shivering? Serious?
                    Maybe it was cold that day.
                    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                      Shivering? Serious?
                      Maybe it was cold that day.
                      every single discussion involving religion? na bro cant be cold on a day when its 28 degrees

Comment

Hit the gym, get big. Be a BoSs :)
                        GoNe...

Comment

:wswrwb:

educate yourself on deen

DON't be scared to speak up Haqq

:insha:

Comment

Originally posted by Al-hayaa View Post
                            :wswrwb:

educate yourself on deen

DON't be scared to speak up Haqq

:insha:
                            or this. never be scared of the kaffirs. They dont even know their own religon trust me. I had comparative religon in High School and all the christians their had no knowledge, even bout their own religon. Their only answer to every question was, Jesus.
                            GoNe...

Comment

We love and respect Jesus (AS) more than they do. They're so lost.
                              Allah please guide them.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X