X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wirusiuke
    replied
    Re: Islamic Communities in Europe?

Wish there was one in my country ... ufff ...

Leave a comment:

• DZF
    started a topic Islamic Communities in Europe?

Islamic Communities in Europe?

Salam alaikum.

I have a question for my European brothers & sisters who post here in the forum - it's about communities in your areas. Hopefully, insh'allah, folks from different countries in Europe answer and contribute.

Are there 'Islamic Communities' in Europe? Not in a legally defined sense - but more so in a social sense. I went through Google and it didn't provide very worthwhile results. So, I have to propose an example...

Here in the USA, in larger cities sometimes a section of a few square blocks of the city is dominated by one religious or racial group; ie Chinatown, Little Italy, etc. On a more rural scale one can consider the Amish or the Mennonites in Pennsylvania. Even further still, on a larger scale, in many mid-west to central states there are VAST, VAST tracts of land that are Indian Reservations. Another example to be provided is the LDS / Mormon influence over the state of Utah.

Are there any significant Muslim communities in Europe - irrelevant of size? Here is a brief Wikipedia entry on Muslims in London...

Most Muslims are concentrated in the east London boroughs of Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
    It's a small example. But, I still thought it worthwhile to propose my question above.

As well - is anyone aware of, or has anyone considered the idea of establishing specific Muslim communities in an activist sort of manner? Like, for example, lobbying different Islamic organizations to participate in promoting the idea...
Working...
X