Rosetta Stone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosetta Stone

has anyone here used it ? It comes highly recommended, not to mention highly priced, but I'm seriously considering investing in this software to learn a new language. :insha: I'm thinking Spanish (Spain rather than Latin America version)

Re: Rosetta Stone

I know someones who's got it to learn Arabic and say it's worth it. :up:

But I always think if you want to learn a lang, then go to the country and mix with the people and you will pick it up alot quicker. That is however if you can move to the country :p

Comment

Originally posted by Islam.07 View Post
      I know someones who's got it to learn Arabic and say it's worth it. :up:

But I always think if you want to learn a lang, then go to the country and mix with the people and you will pick it up alot quicker. That is however if you can move to the country :p
      it's not quite possible for me to move countries at the moment lol but I'm not looking to completely master a language just yet (no need to bite off more than I can chew !) I'm just looking to learn a language to make business interactions a little easier. Although the thing is the level 1-5 set is only about 150lyd more expensive than the 1-3 set, so maybe I will master it after all ! still considering it though.

how similar are spanish and portugese ? :scratch:

Comment

£379.00

Are you dizzy blud?

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
          £379.00

Are you dizzy blud?
          Dude, it's blad not blud.

It is actually quite good.

Comment

£379.00

Are you dizzy blud?

What

Not Worth It Buh If You Got Money Like That Then Okies
            And He found you lost and guided you,
            ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
            " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
            ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

Dude, it's blad not blud.

It is actually quite good.
              na fam, u duno its blud.............................................. ... ARE U EVEN A REAL BRUMMY/

It seems good, I'll get it later.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
                What

That's standard man u dnt need 2 buy it.

Comment

na fam, u duno its blud.............................................. ... ARE U EVEN A REAL BRUMMY/

It seems good, I'll get it later.
                  Aye, and it is not blud, go now and on the 50 bus, sit right at the back and listen to the "ganxtas" and you most likley here them say to you "wag1 blad" :p

What lang do you wna learn? :scratch:

Comment

Aye, and it is not blud, go now and on the 50 bus, sit right at the back and listen to the "ganxtas" and you most likley here them say to you "wag1 blad" :p

What lang do you wna learn? :scratch:
                    omg 50 bus? omg! yeah man, all brummy buses top floor are amazing. it's the actual black people who use BLUD but like the Asian guys who use BLAD. "wag1 blad" - replies: "wa u sayin cuz" LOL

Comment

Arabic is okay i learnt how to speak really basic one liners to get me by in a gulf country but it's gulf arabic not quranic arabic so i kinda see it as worthless helps ur pronounciation a little though!

i would use it to learn something that you learnt in school (french + german) imo
                      ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                      Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

I ended up buying this in the end : Rocket Arabic

It a lot cheaper and is extremely good, i would say it beats Rosetta Stone and I've done level 1 of RS and this covers way more in the first few lessons.
                        O son of Adam! -Your mother gave birth to you while you were weeping,
                        while those around you were laughing in joy.
                        Work for the day, the day you die,
                        that you may be laughing in joy then,
                        while they will be weeping for you.

Comment

Originally posted by .Abu.Rambo. View Post
                          Arabic is okay i learnt how to speak really basic one liners to get me by in a gulf country but it's gulf arabic not quranic arabic so i kinda see it as worthless helps ur pronounciation a little though!

i would use it to learn something that you learnt in school (french + german) imo
                          Yeah the arabic version is flawed because it's classical arabic, but my brother got it and it's good for stuff like official documents and translation purposes. tbh they can't make a colloquial version since there are sooo many arabic dialects out there.

£379.00

Are you dizzy blud?
                          I've not counted shipping but I think it's considerably cheaper in dollars, $599 translates to about 750LYD, rather than the british price of 479 which theives off with an extra 200LYD at my expense.

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
                          What

I think it is though, aside from the fact that I was gona buy an iPhone with this money, it's a good way of furthering my knowledge and career, and also spending my time in a more resourceful way.

I feel good about this decision :up:

Comment

ur telling me a software can teach me arabic and it only cost 40 quid? ..... hmmmm .... na i think ill learn it old skool

Comment

Originally posted by In The Skies View Post
                              I ended up buying this in the end : Rocket Arabic

It a lot cheaper and is extremely good, i would say it beats Rosetta Stone and I've done level 1 of RS and this covers way more in the first few lessons.
                              innnnnnnteresting, :jkk: for sharing, I'm looking into it now

if anyone else wants to offer up a different language course which is acclaimed or that you've used and found to be good, please do let me know

Comment

Working...
                              X